Speculation: Zawaski: Hawks have Puljujarvi "on their radar"

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Put Perlini next to McJesus and he could score 30 goals. Put Puljujarvi there and he got sent down to the minors.

Perlini can't carry a line, but he proved that he can score goals when surrounded by talent. Puljujarvi has done NONE of that. The only thing he's done is his #4 draft status and he's only 21.

The only reason you do that trade is because Perlini is a RFA.

Perlini has 45 goals in 199 games.
Pulijujarvi has 17 goals in 139 games.

Furthermore, Europe is an option for Pulijujarvi.
The only reason to do this deal is if they're having a hard time coming to terms on a deal with Perlini. I agree with this. However, Puljujarvi was battling injuries last year so I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt.
I do wonder how much of PoolParty's issues are due to Edmonton's crap player development.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If you actually go look them up they're not that far off from each other.

If you actually see them both playing they’re far off from each other.

You think Bowman would have not traded Perlini if he got the same offer which Capitals got from Sakic? :laugh:

He wont get an offer anything near that.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I would have no issue giving up Perlini and Sikura for Puljujarvi

Would ask for the rights to Bogdan Yakimov as well in deal

Worst case we give up nothing of value for a guy who doesn't work out

Honestly I don't think highly of Puljujarvi but I don't think highly of Perlini or Sikura so it isn't big deal in end
I feel the same way.

Reactions: d rake and Idionym

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Put Perlini next to McJesus and he could score 30 goals. Put Puljujarvi there and he got sent down to the minors.

Perlini can't carry a line, but he proved that he can score goals when surrounded by talent. Puljujarvi has done NONE of that. The only thing he's done is his #4 draft status and he's only 21.

The only reason you do that trade is because Perlini is a RFA.

Perlini has 45 goals in 199 games.
Pulijujarvi has 17 goals in 139 games.

Furthermore, Europe is an option for Pulijujarvi.
Puljujarvi is also a RFA

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think Puljujarvi not being waiver exempt and requiring a NHL roster spot makes this a non-starter. I'd otherwise have no hesitation trading Sikura and Perlini for him. Those two are as much of a question mark as he is but with less potential

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The only reason to do this deal is if they're having a hard time coming to terms on a deal with Perlini. I agree with this. However, Puljujarvi was battling injuries last year so I'd still give him the benefit of the doubt.
I do wonder how much of PoolParty's issues are due to Edmonton's crap player development.
If injuries was a major part of Puljujarvi's struggles, then he becomes more interesting. Wouldn't Edmonton know that too?

That said, I noticed Puljujarvi demanded out of Edmonton.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
been avoiding responding to this thread cause frankly I don't know what to think of this guy, highly touted, playing with men in Europe, comes over here and does sweet f*** all

polarizing player....

being waiver exempt would be really enticing and worth a shot, not sure otherwise....

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
No interest. One person’s trash is not always another person’s treasure.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Yeah but you were suggesting to make the trade and then waive Puljujarvi. I was only in favor until I found out that JP required an NHL spot. Once that happened, I'm on the trade Perlini/Sikura for picks train.
What trade?

The question was which hack would I prefer, cheap hack or pricier hack?

There was never a mention of trade.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Im still a fan of Sikura. I liked how he looked when we came back up.
Perlini whatever.
If they think Puljujarvi can become a nice big RW then I guess do it.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Perlini and Puljujarvi are similar in one respect which is both seem to not have the fastest chip set between the ears. They both seem to not process the speed of the NHL game enough to become more than what they have shown so far. They both have NHL skill sets but if they're not able to deploy those skills in a consistently structured basis - they can't be relied upon to be a part of a contending team. Maybe I've misread one or both of them which is entirely possible given I've not seen either one play a whole lot - but that's my initial impression of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad