Speculation: Zawaski: Hawks have Puljujarvi "on their radar"

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It's tough, because both PoolParty and Nylander might pout if sent to Rockford. That wouldn't be the way to do the reclamation project thing. They're way too deep at F to do this and both would have to play in the top 6. Where does that leave Kubalik? They'd have too many forwards that need top 9 minutes and 10 guys for 9 spots, if you include Dach or Kurashev as the 3C. It would force Shaw to 3C and Kubalik to the 3rd line.

Bottom line: there will be some disappointed young players this Fall. Some are gonna end up in RFD or back to Junior for another season). Is Stan done or will one of these prospects end up elsewhere before the season begins?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Bottom line: there will be some disappointed young players this Fall. Some are gonna end up in RFD or back to Junior for another season). Is Stan done or will one of these fringe guys end up elsewhere before the season begins?
The only logical move if the Hawks are rostering Perlini, Puljujarvi or someone else is to start Nylander in the AHL and that is far from ideal. They might have to play Shaw or Caggiula at 3C. The other option is to move on from Saad and I'm not sure I'm a fan of that.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Ok guys take a vote. If you had to trade the Perlini/Sikura package would you rather have a 2nd and 3rd or Puljujarvi? Given that Puljujarvi isn't waiver exempt, I think I'd take the picks.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Sikura is not bad..
He's a plug. He does enough things well to not be completely useless but he's nothing special either. Sikura has to learn how to play a bottom 6 gritty 2 way game or he has no chance of sticking in the NHL. He has a little bit of talent but if he's expecting to be a top 6 player he's not there at all.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He's a plug. He does enough things well to not be completely useless but he's nothing special either. Sikura has to learn how to play a bottom 6 gritty 2 way game or he has no chance of sticking in the NHL. He has a little bit of talent but if he's expecting to be a top 6 player he's not there at all.
way too many words - all you needed to say was he is not bad..which is what I originally responded to..

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Btw I'm out on Puljujarvi after finding out that he has to clear waivers. They made their choice by grabbing Nylander. Not only does Nylander have more talent than Puljujarvi, his hockey sense is light years ahead. I'm happy with that choice. If the Oilers want to swap 1-1 with Perlini I guess it is ok but otherwise I'd pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Idionym

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Perlini has to make the team. He just seems like the odd man out. Sikura is on a 2 way deal, so he can stay and play in Rockford. I don't see a spot for Perlini. They should deal him for the best package.

How is a player that can score 20 goals the odd man out? I don’t agree with this analysis, players like Nylander can easily not be ready, Pirlini can come in and possibly surprise us. I would keep him, enough of these projects.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
My honest take is that I think Puljujärvi is worth a 3rd round pick and Perlini is worth a 4th round pick.

Puljujärvi has a motor but his skating is too angular (not sure if it's the correct word). He can't do stop-and-go skating. Sometimes I question his hockey IQ.

Perlini doesn't have a motor. Their shot is pretty much equal, their speed is equal. Both lack hockey IQ. Perlini is better skater overall.

Puljujärvi is way younger and may benefit coming to elite organisation. You can't teach will, Perlini doesn't have it. Maybe Jesse does when he gets out of Oilers?

I'd do Perlini for Jesse swap. Nothing more. It would probably mean that Nylander won't start in NHL and neither does Dach which I prefer.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
My honest take is that I think Puljujärvi is worth a 3rd round pick and Perlini is worth a 4th round pick.

Puljujärvi has a motor but his skating is too angular (not sure if it's the correct word). He can't do stop-and-go skating. Sometimes I question his hockey IQ.

Perlini doesn't have a motor. Their shot is pretty much equal, their speed is equal. Both lack hockey IQ. Perlini is better skater overall.

Puljujärvi is way younger and may benefit coming to elite organisation. You can't teach will, Perlini doesn't have it. Maybe Jesse does when he gets out of Oilers?

I'd do Perlini for Jesse swap. Nothing more. It would probably mean that Nylander won't start in NHL and neither does Dach which I prefer.
Put Perlini next to McJesus and he could score 30 goals. Put Puljujarvi there and he got sent down to the minors.

Perlini can't carry a line, but he proved that he can score goals when surrounded by talent. Puljujarvi has done NONE of that. The only thing he's done is his #4 draft status and he's only 21.

The only reason you do that trade is because Perlini is a RFA.

Perlini has 45 goals in 199 games.
Pulijujarvi has 17 goals in 139 games.

Furthermore, Europe is an option for Pulijujarvi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad