Zadorov comments on Mackinnon’s training, leadership style

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The responses here is why you’re all here posting on Hfboards instead of playing in the NHL.

Zadorov literally said “ He made pros out of everyone in Colorado, that’s the reason for the turnaround”

And lmao at everyone saying he hasn’t won anything, guy’s 25, you know how many hall of famers haven’t won the cup at age 25? You know what age Jordon won his first championship?

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
The responses here is why you’re all here posting on Hfboards instead of playing in the NHL.

Zadorov literally said “ He made pros out of everyone in Colorado, that’s the reason for the turnaround”

And lmao at everyone saying he hasn’t won anything, guy’s 25, you know how many hall of famers haven’t won the cup at age 25? You know what age Jordon won his first championship?
Guy hasn't even won an individual trophy and he's acting like a psychopath.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I don't mind it. If you want to be the best you have to sacrifice a lot. That's just the way it goes. There are too many guys in the NHL who are just happy to be there.
Not to sound like a dick or anything but what's wrong with that?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Bunch of wimps here.

Mark Messier would like to have a word with you all about how his teams and dressing rooms operate.

I'd love to hear what Messier would say about Colorado's clubhouse menu, and any attempts to mandate it.

For similar reasons I can't really take at face value the idea that Mackinnon unilaterally mandates what the players eat even while in the arena. Maybe he suggested it and then browbeat everyone until they grudgingly accepted, or maybe there was already a faction that felt it was the right idea.

But to just believe he said it and everyone fell in line, staff included, nah that's just good storying telling by Z.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I heard he dragged Zadorov out of Burger King once, and shoved the remaining fries down his throat.

Mackinnon's teammates after a game

PsychopathLecter_web_600.jpg

Reactions: 2 others

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

It's not my fault someone decided that goalies should be 6'3+.

And uninjured.

And athletic.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Some of it, especially the food part, seems a little extreme to me. Your hockey captain should not be deciding what players can or cannot eat. If he becomes vegan will he try and force the whole team to be vegan? Chickpea pasta sucks just like cauliflower pizza "dough". It's about moderation and generally eating well most of the time. Having a slice of pizza or a small serving of pasta with a white sauce is not going to kill your health or ability to play the game. Makes him look more like a control freak than anything, I mean yelling a teammate for a slightly off pass? Come on.

Yeah, I understand the point is crispness/effort in practice, but this story makes me think of the old saying - "you can't give a good player a bad pass."

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Twitter reddit and hf response to MacKinnon being a leader is why our society is soft and creating stupid problems

Reactions: Korg and PAZ

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Mackinnon also hired these guys to follow his teammates around and monitor what they eat.

:sarcasm:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Honestly if I was his teammate and he was throwing temper tantrums yelling and shooting pucks at people over a missed pass I wouldn't be able to take him seriously at all. That's not trying to push people to be better, that's being a child. I guess it works for some but I can guarantee it doesn't work for others.

And for those who'll say "that's why he's one of the best in the world and you're not", what an overly simplistic take. Crosby and Ovechkin don't act like that. I guess that's why they're the best and you're not? :dunno:

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Honestly if I was his teammate and he was throwing temper tantrums yelling and shooting pucks at people over a missed pass I wouldn't be able to take him seriously at all. That's not trying to push people to be better, that's being a child. I guess it works for some but I can guarantee it doesn't work for others.

And for those who'll say "that's why he's one of the best in the world and you're not", what an overly simplistic take. Crosby and Ovechkin don't act like that. I guess that's why they're the best and you're not? :dunno:

He's the type of player/leader that needs wholesale buy in to be effective (like Wheeler). If the players are on the same page you're golden. Any dissenters though will be shunned and ultimately exiled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad