Zadorov comments on Mackinnon’s training, leadership style

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I love Nate but my honest opinion is he’s going a little overboard on some things that could get under some teammates skin that have nothing to do with actually winning. But I’m not in the locker room with him so I could be way off about that.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That’s what it takes the best one of the best in the world. No surprises there. Sounds like a great leader.
Depends on the way you define a great leader. MacKinnon is not the captain of the team, and reading this interview I'm pretty sure being an A is as high as he should go.

He sets a great example with his work ethic and stuff, but does this sound like the guy you want to talk to when you have a problem inside the team or something? Good thing Landeskog stayed.

And don't get me wrong, not trying to say what Nate is doing is wrong or douchy. He might be Crosby like when it comes to training and working out, but he's not that for leadership. And that's ok too.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sure appears Zadorov thinks Mac is the best. I wonder if McDavid, after reading or hearing about this, will now try just that little bit harder in his one on one battle with Z, just to prove a point.

Reactions: Riddum

Weast

May 16, 2011
Good.
Dealing with this team when Duchene was leading the pack made me want to jump off a bridge.
It took a hardass like Mackinnon to pull the Avalanche out of the loser mentality of the early-mid 2010s. I'm more than happy if it pushes away players who are in it to party onto those other loser/middling teams in the league, bring on more winners like Mack please.

(also come back Big Z, i miss you.)

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
He comes across as a huge douche. It’s fine to want your team to be better but you can’t force your own habits on others.

Shooting pucks at younger players and screaming at them? Pretty messed up.

You can say the ends justify the means but I don’t think Tampa won by being jerks to their developing players.

Weast

May 16, 2011
He got rid of the pop and soda from the dressing rooms?

Wayne Gretzky wouldn't be able to play with MacKinnon.

Gretzky was superstitious and always wanted to have hot-dogs with Coca-Cola before every game.

I mean it's not like he banned junk food from team's diet.
Just communal area's from the sounds of it. If someone wanted to go for a drink at the hotel or whatever I doubt Mackinnon would lock them in their room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad