Zadorov comments on Mackinnon’s training, leadership style

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
It's so funny to see the soft comments or snow flakes.

Those people have no idea about any of us and what we eat or do for exercise.

I will say that at a Thanksgiving dinner 2 years ago...someone made cauliflower mashed potatoes and didn't tell anyone...I spit it out at the table. LIAR! Keep your cauliflower at home. Don't ruin holidays. GROSS!

One day a year isn't going to kill anyone. FRAUD!

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's so funny to see the soft comments or snow flakes.

Those people have no idea about any of us and what we eat or do for exercise.

I will say that at a Thanksgiving dinner 2 years ago...someone made cauliflower mashed potatoes and didn't tell anyone...I spit it out at the table. LIAR! Keep your cauliflower at home. Don't ruin holidays. GROSS!

One day a year isn't going to kill anyone. FRAUD!
I mean no wonder. Chickpea mashed potatoes is where it's at. That's a champions meal.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Sounds like this is fine when they are winning but if the team loses this will not last long with team mates.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I love Nate but my honest opinion is he’s going a little overboard on some things that could get under some teammates skin that have nothing to do with actually winning. But I’m not in the locker room with him so I could be way off about that.
Look at the sudden, dramatic improvement in him as player, and as a result, the entire Avs team. I don't think he's going overboard. He wants to win, and I think he will. Nobody is going to be saying he went overboard when the Avs are holding the Cup over their heads.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
231147214_4489114511152048_343076182546240679_n.jpg

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Look at the sudden, dramatic improvement in him as player, and as a result, the entire Avs team. I don't think he's going overboard. He wants to win, and I think he will. Nobody is going to be saying he went overboard when the Avs are holding the Cup over their heads.
Right. The reason the team is better is because MacKinnon throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get a good pass. Nothing to do with the fact that management did an incredible job improving the roster in the past few years.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Av's are close, but its a team game like no other where big stars have been shut down in the playoffs.

MaK said it best himself: i havent won shit yet.
He hasn't won because look at his staff and how everyone else behaves on the Avalanche. team sport is a team sport. You aren't gonna win when you see someone slacking or in the case of Colorado, your entire top line dies and the goaltending screws you. I bet Grubauer blew that series the moment he gave up that bank shot goal

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm very torn on this...on one hand, I applaud him for holding his teammates accountable but if you try to jam everyone into the same mold, you're going to lose some on the back end.

Diet, nutirition, sure. Team those kids. Personally banning certain types of food? Ummmm... Screaming at teammates for missed passes... Yeah....

I don't think it's a successful long term strategy. If you make to the that level, you are elite. Fine tune sure, but you also need to let guys do their thing. Before big event, my thing was taking a couple good luck bits of chunky peanut butter. Store brand. It was a comfort, superstition, reminder of home, comic relief...it meant a lot to me. If Mac tries to take that away, we wouldn't never EVER be right. And that's a problem.

Pick your battles wisely Nathan.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's a good thing MacKinnon and Mario Lemieux were never teammates.

Or Gretzky. But to be fair, if they were, Mac wouldn't be in a position to tell anyone anything so...moot point.

mattcookefan

Nov 6, 2013
Matt Cooke's house
Honestly if I was his teammate and he was throwing temper tantrums yelling and shooting pucks at people over a missed pass I wouldn't be able to take him seriously at all. That's not trying to push people to be better, that's being a child. I guess it works for some but I can guarantee it doesn't work for others.

And for those who'll say "that's why he's one of the best in the world and you're not", what an overly simplistic take. Crosby and Ovechkin don't act like that. I guess that's why they're the best and you're not? :dunno:
I mean ovechkin did kinda blow his lid at his goalie in the playoffs lol, even though it is different from practice.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Honestly if I was his teammate and he was throwing temper tantrums yelling and shooting pucks at people over a missed pass I wouldn't be able to take him seriously at all. That's not trying to push people to be better, that's being a child. I guess it works for some but I can guarantee it doesn't work for others.

And for those who'll say "that's why he's one of the best in the world and you're not", what an overly simplistic take. Crosby and Ovechkin don't act like that. I guess that's why they're the best and you're not? :dunno:

Im pretty sure Crosby and Ovechkin has acted similarly at some point. The problem is if it happens in training all the time then it loses it´s charm. It´s the Tortorella thing where it CAN light a fire under someones ass if used sparingly, but if it´s an everyday thing it just becomes tiresome and people lose respect for the person doing it.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad