Player Discussion Zack Kassian

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Every time I see this oft-repeated idea that Kassian needs fans in the stands to play competently, I have to point out how f***ing bananas you sound. It's abject lunacy and a fairytale wish. Do you know how foolish you sound to 95% of the population?
I'm sorry if it seems I'm jumping on you, but like, jesus christ, give your head a f***ing shake.
Just because a handful of people repeat an illogical assumption ad nauseum does not make it any more legitimate.
It’s actually a pretty common thing amongst athletes, these guys thrive off the crowd and energy they produce

Reactions: NoSavesFromKosko

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Every time I see this oft-repeated idea that Kassian needs fans in the stands to play competently, I have to point out how f***ing bananas you sound. It's abject lunacy and a fairytale wish. Do you know how foolish you sound to 95% of the population?
I'm sorry if it seems I'm jumping on you, but like, jesus christ, give your head a f***ing shake.
Just because a handful of people repeat an illogical assumption ad nauseum does not make it any more legitimate.

Fans in the stands won't take a guy from useless to superstardom, but we've seen what happens to Kassian when the crowd gets going. It does appear to give him an extra energy boost. I don't think you can write it off completely...BUT

I don't think his struggles can be chalked up to no fans though. I suspect his injuries had a big part of it. He was pretty decent in the playoffs actually.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Kassian has been the worst player who’s been regularly dressed this season imo.

He hasn’t brought anything of value, and this illusion of him bringing any kind of toughness is fading fast.
Kassian is half a point a game and has had some nice stretches. He’s been fine a little inconsistent maybe but overall he’s not close to our worst player.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Zack should be on the 4th line and move up to the 3rd when hot. He’s still one of the better bottom 6 players. Yes, most of his points are when playing in the top 6 but the other guys probably wouldn’t be able to do that

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-12-4_15-4-3.png

3 more years! I agree it's nice to have a guy like Kass on the team. When everyone loved him in 2016 he was 5 years younger and made 1.5 million.

If he still made 1.5 million and was a UFA then I'd think he's great! Line 4, Line 3... the occasional good game. Move up to Top 6 every so often. Perfect.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
View attachment 487165

3 more years! I agree it's nice to have a guy like Kass on the team. When everyone loved him in 2016 he was 5 years younger and made 1.5 million.

If he still made 1.5 million and was a UFA then I'd think he's great! Line 4, Line 3... the occasional good game. Move up to Top 6 every so often. Perfect.

I mean, technically it’s not 3 more seasons. It’s two more seasons after this. It’s all about perspective :cool:

And some copium in this case

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
How anyone can defend Kassian after last night is beyond me.
I’m not happy with his recent play at all either, but he still has a place on my team. There are very few big guys that skate like him, have a bit of a screw loose, and enough skill that you can slide him up and down the lineup as the situation dictates. He’s never been particularly adept at the defensive part of the game and I think his recent injuries have gotten in his head a bit when it comes to the usual belligerence. A strongly feel we need at least a few guys like him, and without him we have none.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The player has been good for about 30 games when he as gifted mcdaivd linemate status.

Just an idiotic stupid contract given to him. Gms should learn that any time based on being on mcdavids like is 100% not indicative of players value.

Reactions: Spawn and Czechboy

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Zack should be on the 4th line and move up to the 3rd when hot. He’s still one of the better bottom 6 players. Yes, most of his points are when playing in the top 6 but the other guys probably wouldn’t be able to do that
I can agree with moving him to different lower lines for stretches. The coaching staff shouldn't get caught up in his salary status, and play him based on where he provides most benefit, wherever that is.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I can agree with moving him to different lower lines for stretches. The coaching staff shouldn't get caught up in his salary status, and play him based on where he provides most benefit, wherever that is.
Kassian thy name is not consistency.
Does that position sometimes include the popcorn eating area.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Our 4th line could use a boost.
Benson-McLeod-Foegele
Shore-Sceviour-Kassian

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
The player has been good for about 30 games when he as gifted mcdaivd linemate status.

Just an idiotic stupid contract given to him. Gms should learn that any time based on being on mcdavids like is 100% not indicative of players value.
Not overpaying Patrick Maroon was the right move, so the GM does make a correct move once in a while.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Not overpaying Patrick Maroon was the right move, so the GM does make a correct move once in a while.

So he instead brought chassion back and handed a gross 4 year deal to kassian. Maroon is currently being paid 800 k and then 1 mill next year.

Kassians deal is two years longer and what 3.2?

So yeah I'd rather have the mistake of maroon who is as good of a player.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad