Player Discussion Zach Senyshyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
better line? on the PP/PK? More critical ice time this season?

They seem to be developing him as a 2 way 3rd line RW (unless I'm mistaken) and that's fine, but again, 15th overall, you have to be groomed to be a top 6 scorer no? I think that's where people get miffed/confused.

To me, I always like the drafting of skill players because worst case scenario a lot of them turn out to be good bottom 6 players, with some offensive instincts, smarts to know where to be on the ice, speed.....I think Zach can easily fill that role one day. but honestly I would like to see them try to develop him into a more offensive player, with better linemates and better ice time, unless they feel that A, he already has those skills, or B, they feel he will never be that type of player.
I really have no idea how they are trying to develope him, I don’t see anywhere near enough of his games to make a judgement on that. I do know teams draft certain players for the bottom six role, you can’t draft pure offensive skill continuously and figure if the offence doesn’t work, make them a checker on third or fourth line. Most offensive players cannot make that adjustment to defensive player. All players need the ability to play a somewhat two way games and some will excel at it, others won’t. From what I read, he has bounced around every line, is that due to poor play at times, good play at times, a teaching point, who knows, I don’t. But they have developed some solid players, many more seem to be on their way, so I have to side with they know what they are doing better than I do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
better line? on the PP/PK? More critical ice time this season?

They seem to be developing him as a 2 way 3rd line RW (unless I'm mistaken) and that's fine, but again, 15th overall, you have to be groomed to be a top 6 scorer no? I think that's where people get miffed/confused.

To me, I always like the drafting of skill players because worst case scenario a lot of them turn out to be good bottom 6 players, with some offensive instincts, smarts to know where to be on the ice, speed.....I think Zach can easily fill that role one day. but honestly I would like to see them try to develop him into a more offensive player, with better linemates and better ice time, unless they feel that A, he already has those skills, or B, they feel he will never be that type of player.

Yes, especially in such a historic, loaded draft as 2015 (which may go down as the best-ever draft in the NHL). Senyshyn becoming anything less than a top-six RW will be a disappointment.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yes, especially in such a historic, loaded draft as 2015 (which may go down as the best-ever draft in the NHL). Senyshyn becoming anything less than a top-six RW will be a disappointment.

I'm over the 2015 draft thing

We know for sure, the Bruins still hit the mark on Debrusk, Carlo... does it matter if Carlo was chosen in the 2nd round? just imagine he was chosen 13th overall, if that makes you happier

and the hockey gods gave the team a gift with Kuhlman choosing the Bruins

Reactions: 00BW

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
congrats to the kid. was hoping to see him midseason for a look but think he had poor luck and got injured around
the time that may have been considered. this will be a nice carrot for him. 1 or 2 games, get a feel for the speed,
the time/space, and what guys like marchand do to prepare day in and day out. i've said he can be a righty
michael grabner and will stick to that. incredible wheels.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
congrats to the kid. was hoping to see him midseason for a look but think he had poor luck and got injured around
the time that may have been considered. this will be a nice carrot for him. 1 or 2 games, get a feel for the speed,
the time/space, and what guys like marchand do to prepare day in and day out. i've said he can be a righty
michael grabner and will stick to that. incredible wheels.

Grabner is the comparison I have as well

but we can always hope he can Wheeler it

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I dream he becomes Kreider but.... the decision making here was mind boggling but it's done. We can only pray he turns out good.

Reactions: Estlin

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
As a fan glad to finally see him in an NHL regular season game.

Happy for the him. Say what you want about his development relative to where/when he was drafted, but by all accounts I've read he's a hard working player and good kid who does what his coaches ask of him.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
As a fan glad to finally see him in an NHL regular season game.

Happy for the him. Say what you want about his development relative to where/when he was drafted, but by all accounts I've read he's a hard working player and good kid who does what his coaches ask of him.

At the end of the day that’s all you can really hope for as a fan. I’m happy for him to get his cup of coffee. Hopefully he figures out what he needs to do and comes in next camp and blows everybody away

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If I was Butch Id tell the kid to relax, have fun
Play your game . There is nothing at stake here.
Do your thing.
if Ryan Donato is to be believed that just isn't Cassidy's style.

with that said I think Senyshyn's gonna be alright

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So does Jared Knight.
Apparently he'll be ready by 2021.:sarcasm:

Not sure what the point is getting on a player that had a serious medical issue that helped derail his career. Him not making it wasn’t fully in his control.

You should read hockey prospect from 2010 that said Knight had a brett hull type release and mike Richards type leadership (obviously when he was good).

Many better hockey people than I got it wrong with him. Thems the breaks

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Finally. Hoping he does something in the next two games to give the Bruins a reason to be optimistic.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
From all the posts and I mean all, my takeaway is that this is a very unusual way to draft and then develope a player.

Whatever Zack turns out to be remains to be seen. I haven't watched him play a single game so I can't offer an opinion. Just seems to be an awful long way to go for what is sounding like a bottom six player.

All that said, I wish him well in what ever capacity the brain trust has in mind for him.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
From all the posts and I mean all, my takeaway is that this is a very unusual way to draft and then develope a player.

Whatever Zack turns out to be remains to be seen. I haven't watched him play a single game so I can't offer an opinion. Just seems to be an awful long way to go for what is sounding like a bottom six player.

All that said, I wish him well in what ever capacity the brain trust has in mind for him.

Your first trailer is up on YouTube, btw.

Reactions: Son of Donegal

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Finally. Hoping he does something in the next two games to give the Bruins a reason to be optimistic.

If he even plays in both games. Two games isn't anything to judge a player off of, good or bad. If he shows up and plays well, awesome. If he shows up and plays poorly, get them next year. I'm sure the Bruins don't have a "fan like" outlook on players. "A reason to be optimistic"? Like what the f*** is that? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad