Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not sure if he has earned it

but if anything Bruins throw a piece of cheese to try to get him going
He has though.

He's done everything they've asked him to do, and the offense is there this year too.

They've developed him slowly and put him in a position to try and play a more complete game, not just one zone.

Absolutely has earned it.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Senyshyn was always a project. In today's fast food mentality, everyone wants everything right this second. Doesn't work that way most of the time.

Bruins don't care about his offense. They knew where it was and they knew the skill set was there.

It was the defensive side of the puck that they wanted him to work on and why he wasn't placed in a predominantly offensive role.

People who just look at TheAHL.com don't get it/don't want to get it and have never done simple research on what the player was all about.

He may pan out, he may not. Obviously the majority here (and other places) don't have the patience to wait and find out.

I remember all the regular posters that called Jake DeBrusk Jake DeBust. (I saved all their names and learned not to take anything they say and put any value on it when it comes to player evaluations)

Have a beer, sit back and relax FCOL. And don't judge things on just one game.

100% agree. I also laugh at the nickname "DeBust" and now he's around the top 10 in scoring for his draft class.

It'll be nice for Senyshyn to at minimum get a taste and see what the NHL level is like. Its funny, but I'm interested in seeing how he looks in every department except scoring. If he can bring a good 200ft effort, he could make things interesting next year.

Like you said though, have a beer, sit back and relax.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
He deserved a call up in the middle of the season, then he started slumping near the deadline. He seems like the kind of player that lets frustrations get into his game. I don’t blame him. He deserved a shot in December.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I have always been in this kids corner as I was with JDB. After seeing how Jake competed in the Memorial I knew we had something. He just got better by playing with NHL centres. I am positive Zack can do the same as Kuhlman, well I am hoping. Cannot teach size and scoring, he has that. Providence has taught him how to play the Bruin way and are rewarding him with a teaser for next year, he has earned it as much as Donato, JFK and others.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I've been calling him a waste of a 1st rounder since we drafted him, but I'm happy to see him get a shot as I'm hoping to eat a hefty serving of crow lol. I don't really pay much attention to Providence other than reading the P-Bruins thread from time to time so if someone could fill me in on how he has looked that would be great.

This is a hilarious post, calling the guy a wasted pick but never seeing him play and asking people how he's looked.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
He deserved a call up in the middle of the season, then he started slumping near the deadline. He seems like the kind of player that lets frustrations get into his game. I don’t blame him. He deserved a shot in December.

I think he suffered an injury and that slowed him down but he was on a nice roll up till that point and came back slow.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
100% agree. I also laugh at the nickname "DeBust" and now he's around the top 10 in scoring for his draft class.

It'll be nice for Senyshyn to at minimum get a taste and see what the NHL level is like. Its funny, but I'm interested in seeing how he looks in every department except scoring. If he can bring a good 200ft effort, he could make things interesting next year.

Like you said though, have a beer, sit back and relax.
In fairness to those labeling DeBrusk a bust he didn’t exactly start like Pavel Bure those first 40 games in Providence and before Pastrnak got hurt 2 months ago was not playing well at all

Reactions: Bun Cook

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I've never seen him play, I've read a ton on him,I've seen highlights of him and all that you say,seems to be the consensus opinion on him, but hows his Hockey sense ?

Because with out it, all those tools will only get you so far. Kuhlman who has shown great wheels a tremendous work ethic, also has real good hockey sense, so I wonder could this be the reason he got the call ahead of Senyshyn?

The hockey sense and consistency might be what he lacks the most.
You can fix consistency, hockey sense not so much.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I know point production in the minors isn’t always the biggest thing but it’s rare that someone can’t score in the AHL and figures it out in the NHL. The way he’s developed and been talked about reminds me way too much of Zach Hamil/Jared Knight. 50 points in 120+ games doesn’t get me too excited.

Granted I’m a terrible judge of defense played by forwards so I can’t speak on that. If he could carve out a career like Chris Kelly, Dan Paille, Glen Metropolit, etc. I would be happy. Anything above that is gravy but I’m not really counting on him for much

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I will tell you what's lacking with the Bruins and the lack of information for fans:

Ever since Kirk Luedeke left the New England Hockey Journal on his journey into a management career in hockey, there has been a void in prospect coverage that has never been filled by someone that understands the game and talks to people in the game and gave us a sense of not only what the Bruins thought of their prospects, but what the thought around the league was.

Don't get me wrong I love the work Anthony ( @BruinsNetwork ) and Eric ( @Saxon Eric ) do and wish we could get more. They both know how I feel about their work and that they are two guys I particularly look for. Unfortunatley lacking for them is having a stage like NEHJ and its audience. (or at least what it was when Kirk was there).

I have never met anyone who has nailed it more then Kirk. He was second to none. Unfortunately for us fans, that's missing now. And even if I go on to accept the position I've been offered to do coverage on Bruins prospects, I would never come close to what Kirk brought us.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I think it was between Colin White and Senyshyn

White is pretty damn good. I wonder if Boston would take him over Barzal. Clearly not electric like Barzal but plays the Bruins style

Leading up to draft the word was Boston was heavily scouting him and were big fans

I expected him at 15

Do you know what tipped the scales in Senyshyn's favor? White just seemed like a perfect pick for Boston (local kid, a right-shot C/RW).

Reactions: Strafer

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Have you watched him play? Have you seen any of the Providence games? Then you can't know if he's earned it or not. I am assuming that they wouldn't call him up if he hasn't earned it.

Reactions: FanSince72

BruinsNetwork

Senyshyn has absolutely earned it.

He’s done everything this team has asked of him without even so much of a whimper of negativity. He goes out there every night and plays to the best of his ability, mostly in a role that isn’t best suited for him, in order to learn the game and stick to their plan.

Most of all, his goal production is just fine for a bottom-six forward in the AHL. He’s earned an opportunity to at least get out there and experience the NHL. It would be good for him and the organization to see where he’s at, IMO.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

I'm going to take a guess and say we see Marchand and Johansson in there. Krejci out to rest and obviously Wagner out with a LBI/Rest.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Frederic -- Kuhlman
Johansson -- Coyle -- Heinen
Nordstrom -- Acciari -- Senyshyn

I forgot Backes.....

It wouldn't surprise me if Bergy takes a break. Krecji has played every game this year I think. He may want to keep the streak going. Possible that they rest Marchy too.

Reactions: Bun Cook

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018

Really doubt it, everyone say he's a good guy, he wouldn't be entitle after a good week end or two. He's always been extremly inconsistent in his production. In the AHL he's gonna be a pts per game for 4-5 games and then do nothing for the next 8. In junior he would have 8 pts in 2 games to then have 3 pts in his next 10 games. I wouldn't call it on him being frustrataed about a callup.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Dom told me that afternoon Senyshyn was a guy that Boston is likely targeting but the 33 Carlo pick seemed to be the area

I’m hoping he gets in and especially Saturday since I’m going
Funny you mention these two picks as they are the only players I hoped the B's would pick after I read my Hockey News Draft Issue! Calling players this young anything other than hopefull is just silly.
The Red Wings never even considered a player close to ready until around 24 years old. I really like this pick and hope he makes the Bruins at some point somewhere in the lineup. Carlo turned out OK too.

Reactions: FanSince72

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Really doubt it, everyone say he's a good guy, he wouldn't be entitle after a good week end or two. He's always been extremly inconsistent in his production. In the AHL he's gonna be a pts per game for 4-5 games and then do nothing for the next 8. In junior he would have 8 pts in 2 games to then have 3 pts in his next 10 games. I wouldn't call it on him being frustrataed about a callup.

Totally disagree with the bolded.

In his draft plus 2 year, he never went pointless in more then 3 consecutive games. He went pointless in 3 consecutive games twice and two games twice.

In his draft plus 1 year, he had one 5 game pointless streak and never more then two games ( 4 times ) other then that 5 gamer.

One of the most consistent point producers in the OHL those two years.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

He’s done everything this team has asked of him without even so much of a whimper of negativity. He goes out there every night and plays to the best of his ability, mostly in a role that isn’t best suited for him, in order to learn the game and stick to their plan.

Most of all, his goal production is just fine for a bottom-six forward in the AHL. He’s earned an opportunity to at least get out there and experience the NHL. It would be good for him and the organization to see where he’s at, IMO.

I mean

He was not drafted to be a grinder/bottom 6 player was he?

But if he has to learn to round out his game in sacrifice of scoring points

Then fine

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017

What?! Don't you remember that Fluto tweet???:sarcasm:

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Have you watched him play? Have you seen any of the Providence games? Then you can't know if he's earned it or not. I am assuming that they wouldn't call him up if he hasn't earned it.

I have seen a few. And he was like a ghost.

But not seen him on a regular basis like Bruinsnetwork

Is he really a finished product down at the AHL level?

For sake of fairness, would you be happy if you were Szwarz for example?

This is why the question of "fairness" is asked

Last edited:
Reactions: Clode

BruinsNetwork

I will tell you what's lacking with the Bruins and the lack of information for fans:

Ever since Kirk Luedeke left the New England Hockey Journal on his journey into a management career in hockey, there has been a void in prospect coverage that has never been filled by someone that understands the game and talks to people in the game and gave us a sense of not only what the Bruins thought of their prospects, but what the thought around the league was.

Don't get me wrong I love the work Anthony ( @BruinsNetwork ) and Eric ( @Saxon Eric ) do and wish we could get more. They both know how I feel about their work and that they are two guys I particularly look for. Unfortunatley lacking for them is having a stage like NEHJ and its audience. (or at least what it was when Kirk was there).

I have never met anyone who has nailed it more then Kirk. He was second to none. Unfortunately for us fans, that's missing now. And even if I go on to accept the position I've been offered to do coverage on Bruins prospects, I would never come close to what Kirk brought us.

Appreciate the support as always, my friend.

I agree on Kirk, though. Aside from yourself, he was one of my biggest influencers in being where I am right now and there’s been a serious void since he joined Omaha.

Unfortunately for the fans, they aren’t exposed to Senyshyn and other prospects as much as they should be— especially on where and what they project to be down the road. Kirk was always spot on and even when we chat together, he’s still spot on with what he tells me.

Nonetheless, Senyshyn is young and he’s doing just fine. Glad to see him get the call and I hope he gets a chance to play, potentially next to someone like Krejci or Coyle. He’s improved with each passing year since his draft and still has plenty of room to go. Aside from “who else was drafted,” many fans have given up on him for the sole fact that they don’t want to be proven wrong about the 2015 draft hill they’re dying on, IMO.

Reactions: duffy and Dom - OHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad