Player Discussion Zach Senyshyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
When I’m talking about giving a player a foundation to sustain themselves upon and you counter with “Ryan spooner got that immediate pp time without any of that” you make my point for me. Spooner also got looks on much worse teams. The bruins are a cup team. Senyshyn isn’t breaking into the league immediately on a cup teams top 6. He’s going to have to learn how to play bottom 6 hockey so he can earn a shot at the top 6. His skill set when drafted didn’t support that and that’s why he’s long been considered a project. That’s what he’s doing. This isn’t hard to comprehend.

Jake DeBrusk did.

Reactions: Spooner st

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jake DeBrusk did.

That’s definitely fair but Debrusk was and is a much more complete player than Senyshyn was and is. Had much less to learn and spent a full season in providence. And he’d still have games where he played 8 min a night as a rookie. Also it was a team that was playing Riley Nash in the top 6 for periods of time so it’s not exactly like the squad was a world beater (though it was good).

He did have a lot of games with 14 and 15 min though and that’s a reflection of the trust the team has in him. Senyshyn is clearly not at that point yet and will have to break into the league on the 3rd or 4th line and show some offensive ability in order to move up.

For the most part when the team rushes guys up without a foundation they flounder in the bottom 6, lose confidence, and stop scoring. I think that’s what they’re trying to prevent here. They want him to be able to have a positive impact on the game with or without his goal scoring

I think he probably ends up as a solid 3rd line winger. I don’t think he’ll be a major offensive threat. But he’s still a rare package who does still have upside and it would be a shame to not give him a shot to show it off in the league. This foundation will allow him to try and show it off in the bottom 6. If he ever becomes more- great. If he doesn’t then that’s cool because he’s still in the league, which wouldn’t be the case if he didn’t learn this stuff

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Debrusk got this “Debust” treatment and defensive development while still in junior. His lower or totals when handed the defensive responsibilities expected by Sutter were pointed to as proof that Sweeney swung and missed on the kid. Senyshyn was told to just run and gun in junior and he did.

Forgot about The Debust name. lol that worked out well for those who called him it. Excellent points btw

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
What excuses have Sweeney or Leach made in Senyshyn’s development? No guarantees in a top ten pick. So a 15 OA is not a sure thing. But it goes back to who else was available in that draft.

Never said anything about Sweeny or Leach , I'm talking about posters on here who come up with all kinds of rubbish to defend this guy. Everybody and his brother knew this was a dumb pick, the main boards were full of posters laughing at the Bruins and rightfully so. Not only for this pick but all 3 of them. I wanted to defend my team but I couldn't think of a single argument I could make to do so . As I watched the Bruins make their picks all I could think of was WWWTTTTFFFF? Honestly , that day I felt ashamed to be a Bruins fan.

Reactions: Lo97

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
I can't believe the "obvious picks" are still being brought up. That happened over 4 years ago. A complete non-factor when discussing Senybusts' place in the Bruins system.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Worst thing for Senyshyn was that from any team to take a gamble on him, that was a team that could go to the final without him.

Any other team would have given him playing time to justify that reach.

Kudos to Sweeney to not have forced him in to save face.

But I liked what I saw late last year.

Would have zero problem with a Heinen-Coyle-Senyshyn to start the season.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
So Vancouver makes a bad pick, so the Bruins should too?

I guess what he means is everyone misses.

Bruins missed on Barzal and Connor.

Other teams missed on McAvoy, Carlo, Bergy, Marchand, Pasta, Krejci, Krug, etc.

Bruins got them all.

Sometime you miss. Others you hit.

Bruins with an awesome %.

No wonder they went SCF 3 times the past 9 years with a Cup and among favorites to do it again next season.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Worst thing for Senyshyn was that from any team to take a gamble on him, that was a team that could go to the final without him.

Your bang on here

Any other team would have given him playing time to justify that reach.

Your bang on here too and unlike many you can at least identify it as a reach.

Kudos to Sweeney to not have forced him in to save face.

Agree here too.

But I liked what I saw late last year.

Meh, not bad , I'll agree, but great it wasn't.

I would give him a crack at that , 20 games , sink or swim.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I guess what he means is everyone misses.

Bruins missed on Barzal and Connor.

Other teams missed on McAvoy, Carlo, Bergy, Marchand, Pasta, Krejci, Krug, etc.

Bruins got them all.

Sometime you miss. Others you hit.

Bruins with an awesome %.

No wonder they went SCF 3 times the past 9 years with a Cup and among favorites to do it again next season.

You know what , this is all true, I guess the reason I struggle with this one in particular is that unlike most of the ones you mention here , they weren't obvious. But the 1st two you mention were. To EVERYBODY. And now we have to tolerate posters telling us ,

He was a project ( why the f*** are you choosing a project when better options are staring you in the face ?)

Some players take longer than others ( so why not choose those that don't)

He was a reach according to who? (EVERYBODY)

He's learning the 2 way game (so , 15th OA doesn't know the 2 way game, only way that's acceptable is if he knows the 1 way game really good.)

He can't break on to a SCF team in the top 6 ( Even though there is clearly a void there that a 15th OA, especially in this particular draft , after 4 years , should be able to fill.

Yes, Everybody misses, it's just that in this case, it was too obvious. If your going to reaching when there are such obvious choices still on the board, well, you better know something the rest of us don't. In this case , you didn't know shit.

Reactions: Lo97 and Estlin

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

I'd have a big problem giving an unimpressive AHL winger guaranteed NHL spot purely because of his draft status. I'm mostly over the fact that this was a disaster of a pick and now I'm just looking at him as a hockey player. Not good enough to play in the NHL yet. Hopefully will be sometime soon.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Never said anything about Sweeny or Leach , I'm talking about posters on here who come up with all kinds of rubbish to defend this guy. Everybody and his brother knew this was a dumb pick, the main boards were full of posters laughing at the Bruins and rightfully so. Not only for this pick but all 3 of them. I wanted to defend my team but I couldn't think of a single argument I could make to do so . As I watched the Bruins make their picks all I could think of was WWWTTTTFFFF? Honestly , that day I felt ashamed to be a Bruins fan.

LoL all the fanbases on the main board that hate the Bruins you mean. Who cares what they think. Its not rubbish when you see and hear Leach’s comments. Most that dump on Senyshyn haven’t seen him play outside some pre-season games.

PS. And now you are down on DeBrusk, as one one of the picks, as well nice.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
There are probably 2 spots open that’s it

They have a handful of candidates

Bjork
Kuhlman
Senyshyn
Ritchie

Maybe
Frederic
Studnicka

Backes ?

Bjork healthy is a top 9 NHL player and Kuhlman will likely grab the 13th spot

Frederic & Studnicka are the future

Senyshyn the prospect wild card he will likely get a loooong look

Ritchie will get his opportunity

Cehlarik will be around

Backes probably not

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

People were laughing at the Zboril pick? I love Bruins posters crying like little bitches about the 2015 draft. It has become comedy gold. The amount of trash added on to bitch about it is great. This is just another example. Now Zboril was a laughable pick! :laugh:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
People were laughing at the Zboril pick? I love Bruins posters crying like little *****es about the 2015 draft. It has become comedy gold. The amount of trash added on to ***** about it is great. This is just another example. Now Zboril was a laughable pick! :laugh:

Yes they were, maybe not justified but still. I personally was OK with that pick.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yes they were, maybe not justified but still. I personally was OK with that pick.

If they were laughing at Zboril, then they're idiots. He was literally projected to go where Boston took him.....

Also, you say you were OK with that pick, but a post ago you said that you were saying "WTF" to their picks. So which is it?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If they were laughing at Zboril, then they're idiots. He was literally projected to go where Boston took him.....

Also, you say you were OK with that pick, but a post ago you said that you were saying "WTF" to their picks. So which is it?

I was saying WTF to both the DeBrusk pick and the Senyshyn pick, and so was almost everybody else for that matter. And time has proven everyone right.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm not going down that road this is the Senyshyn thread.

Bawhahahahahaha

So you can run around here bitching and whining about the 2015 draft AND CONTINUALLY BRING UP HOW ALL THREE PICKS but once called out you pull the "this is a Senyshyn thread" card? GTFO with that nonsense.

But.... Since this is what you're going to do, I'll see you in the DeBrusk thread.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You know what , this is all true, I guess the reason I struggle with this one in particular is that unlike most of the ones you mention here , they weren't obvious. But the 1st two you mention were. To EVERYBODY. And now we have to tolerate posters telling us ,

He was a project ( why the **** are you choosing a project when better options are staring you in the face ?)

Some players take longer than others ( so why not choose those that don't)

He was a reach according to who? (EVERYBODY)

He's learning the 2 way game (so , 15th OA doesn't know the 2 way game, only way that's acceptable is if he knows the 1 way game really good.)

He can't break on to a SCF team in the top 6 ( Even though there is clearly a void there that a 15th OA, especially in this particular draft , after 4 years , should be able to fill.

Yes, Everybody misses, it's just that in this case, it was too obvious. If your going to reaching when there are such obvious choices still on the board, well, you better know something the rest of us don't. In this case , you didn't know ****.

They were not obvious to Dallas, who picked Denis Gurianov with the pick before the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad