Player Discussion Zach Senyshyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I like all those things too. Not a super fan of the smaller players, though they can't be ignored. You have to have a healthy balance. You need some sand paper in there as well. You need guys like Pastarnak but they can't all be like that. The Bruins as they are built right now are a little lacking in the snarl department.

Truth is, I went in hoping to get Beecher but when I saw Kaliyev fall that far down I changed my mind. I am a fan of the bigger players, guys like Beecher are my kind of hockey player. Kaliyev isn't small either and has skill to burn. The knock on him, and probably why he fell is he's know to drag his feet at times but his skill level is rare.

Even when the Bruins drafted Senyshyn, I reluctantly drank the Kool-Aid cause I'm all about about big , fast , skilled players but 4 years later I see him struggle and all those chosen after him producing. I need a few answers, I'm not getting any that make a lick of sense to me.
I think Kaliyev falls into the character discussion as well. Regardless of size, skill level, toughness, how great a fighter, shooting ability, great physical play, however you grade players out I want nothing to do with players with questionable work ethic or desire to play. See Spooner, Hamilton, or tons of players who had the talent but no work ethic or desire.

That may not be Kaliyev but usually when a player with his skillset drops it's interviews or intangibles. Beecher seems to be the opposite regarding poor intangibles

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If Senyshyn plays in Boston this season and puts up 20 goals will people finally stop *****ing about the 2015 draft? This is the real question.
Nope, he will have to be as good as Barzal, Connor or Boeser to shut me up. Again it's not his fault it is the GM of the years fault with his mini me at the time the untalented Gretzky

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Probably his best chance to make the roster is if they don't bring anyone for the rest of the offseason.

Pastrnak is the only proven top-6 right hand winger on the team.

His biggest competition is Karson Kuhlman and an injured Anders Bjork.

Guys like Backes, Wagner and Ritchie are solid bottom six options but shouldn't be keeping anyone out of a top-9.

Still don't think it's make or break but the opportunity is there.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Then it is legitimate.

Any player beating the crap out of another who is -7 with 0 goals and 3 assists and 8 minutes of ice time is his wish player

You can say anything you want about Fenian24 and as misguided as it may or may not be , he knows what he wants to see and he doesn't waiver from it, you gotta give him that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Kaliyev falls into the character discussion as well. Regardless of size, skill level, toughness, how great a fighter, shooting ability, great physical play, however you grade players out I want nothing to do with players with questionable work ethic or desire to play. See Spooner, Hamilton, or tons of players who had the talent but no work ethic or desire.

That may not be Kaliyev but usually when a player with his skillset drops it's interviews or intangibles. Beecher seems to be the opposite regarding poor intangibles

Totally agree

These high character guys are more likely to realize and reach their ceilings. The ceiling may be lower than that of a Kaliyev but who cares what a players ceiling is it they don’t have the mentality to try and maximize their potential. That’s what I think the bruins try and screen out and is why you see them pick these high motor guys in the first round even if there are much higher ranked players still on the board

For every Barzal there is an Angelo Esposito. Hopefully for our sanity Kaliyev is more Esposito

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
This whole piece is brilliant. Perfect evaluation of what we have seen so far and likely what we will see going forward. Just wish you had included a floor as well as a ceiling to your expectations.
Didn't want to ruin your weekend with a floor
But since its Monday..
His floor is a frustrating AHL player who pops up now and again but can't stick
Ceiling... he gets hot early sky is the limit
Getting close to 30 goals one year and 8 the next is a strong possibility, he's extremely streaky

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Didn't want to ruin your weekend with a floor
But since its Monday..
His floor is a frustrating AHL player who pops up now and again but can't stick
Ceiling... he gets hot early sky is the limit
Getting close to 30 goals one year and 8 the next is a strong possibility, he's extremely streaky

Ya, I could see that in him .

Reactions: Spooner st

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Totally agree

These high character guys are more likely to realize and reach their ceilings. The ceiling may be lower than that of a Kaliyev but who cares what a players ceiling is it they don’t have the mentality to try and maximize their potential. That’s what I think the bruins try and screen out and is why you see them pick these high motor guys in the first round even if there are much higher ranked players still on the board

For every Barzal there is an Angelo Esposito. Hopefully for our sanity Kaliyev is more Esposito

Esposito's career went sideways because of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad