Player Discussion Zach Senyshyn - III - NO 2015 draft talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
So he took a stick in the face and lost some teeth then got put on waivers right after? He is having a good day...

Even worse, assuming he goes to the AHL, he's on a 2-way deal, so his salary drops from $700k to $100k, so he's getting a huge pay cut too.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The kid is still young and still has time to turn into a NHL player.

With you there, I`m not sure it`ll be in this organization but I honestly could see him landing somewhere, get a chance at seeing some solid ice time and maybe be a 20 goal guy. Yep, perhaps not what is envisioned from a 1st round pick but...

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
If he clears, is it possible to keep him in Providence and expose him at the expansion draft?
Truthfully I think he ends up on the practice squad. Reason being is Pasta is out, Kase is injury prone, and Studnicka is a rookie. Then you add in the fact that both Bergeron and Krejci have some miles on them and he gives them the next best right handed option.

Reactions: Kegs and LSCII

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Anyone interested in a change of scenery trade....

Senyshyn for Ho Sang

No way! They should give Senyshyn a couple of shifts on the 4th line then call Panthers and trade him as a bona fide 20+ goals gem stuck on the bottom 6 as were Acciari and Vatrano. In return Bruins ask for Barkov and conditional 1st only to be persuaded to accept Mackenzie Weegar. :naughty:

Reactions: shelbysdad

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think Seny would probably have cleared waivers in normal circumstances anyway, but I also get the impression that this year, with the unique situation with the taxi squads, the GMs have collectively agreed not to poach players from other teams through waivers, or at least not without prior consultation with the relevant GM. I suspect that's been seen as the fair way to go for everyone because of the novel nature of the taxi system and the possibility that most teams are going to need to dig deeper into their rosters than usual to get through this season.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Shame he didn't work out, had all the tools and no toolbox. The chorus of idiots claiming he was an option in the top-six should die down, and the idiots calling everyone 'stat watchers' should sit back and understand that you don't need to watch a player who got outscored by Joona Koppanen in the AHL to understand he isn't an NHL top-six solution.

Every five years or so, there seems to be a prospect who does absolutely nothing and some fans latch on to them for dear life. Nothing against the kid, but his fans were insufferable.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Shame he didn't work out, had all the tools and no toolbox. The chorus of idiots claiming he was an option in the top-six should die down, and the idiots calling everyone 'stat watchers' should sit back and understand that you don't need to watch a player who got outscored by Joona Koppanen in the AHL to understand he isn't an NHL top-six solution.

Every five years or so, there seems to be a prospect who does absolutely nothing and some fans latch on to them for dear life. Nothing against the kid, but his fans were insufferable.
The only idiot here is you who feels the need to call everyone idiots. I will say this I have not seen anyone ever mentioned him being a top-six option. Also as for the stat watchers thing, he was asked to do something that doesn't show up in the limited stats that the AHL has. As for insufferable you guys who never seen but kept calling him a bust because he didn't put up the numbers you wanted were even more insufferable. You constantly felt the need to make it seem as you were right even though you never seen him.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017

Agreed. I actually feel bad for the player. If there wasn’t a influx of fans beating the drum about how great he was when he simply wasn’t, no one would have to chime in to say he stinks.

it was a terrible pick. Not his fault, but let’s learn to call a spade a spade.

Reactions: Lo97 and finchster

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Agreed. I actually feel bad for the player. If there wasn’t a influx of fans beating the drum about how great he was when he simply wasn’t, no one would have to chime in to say he stinks.

it was a terrible pick. Not his fault, but let’s learn to call a spade a spade.
The problem is people were misinformed about him and when people tried to correct that they were considered to be beating his drum as you put it. In his time in Providence he was asked to do something that doesn't show up on the score board. The problem is people who don't watch the game would never have known and thought he sucks. Also everyone thought he sucked anyway that's why people chimed in about his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad