Player Discussion Zach Senyshyn - III - NO 2015 draft talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Rooting for the kid as well, but you are correct it's like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin. The Bruins didn't even offer him a second year on his deal that would give him a 700k payday....They figure he won't be claimed and he won't make the bigs, so no way they are going to waste money.

In that case Sweeney would have let Senyshyn go to free agency.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
In that case Sweeney would have let Senyshyn go to free agency.

Yes it was as simple as not qualifying him as they did with Wiley Sherman, Brett Ritchie, Ryan Fitzgerald. They may not have the greatest confidence that he will be a player for them, but they must feel there is some possibility or else why sign hmi at all?

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Omg just give it up people. Ive never seen so many people forcing something and trying to convince themselves if the mean Bruins just give this poor talented kid a chance he’d flourish. I feel like I’m in the twilight zone

Yet everyone loves Frederic, whos played like 20 games in the N.....had one fight and looked like a hunk of junk the rest of the time out there.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Yet everyone loves Frederic, whos played like 20 games in the N.....had one fight and looked like a hunk of junk the rest of the time out there.
He also sucks, but no one is saying he will score 20 goals in the NHL- there is a big difference.

His expectations is to be a 4th liner; I think he won't, but that isn't impossible like the projections for Senyshyn are

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
He also sucks, but no one is saying he will score 20 goals in the NHL- there is a big difference.

His expectations is to be a 4th liner; I think he won't, but that isn't impossible like the projections for Senyshyn are
He also wasn’t drafted instead of obvious franchise forwards which doesn’t help.

Reactions: Mpasta

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
He also wasn’t drafted instead of obvious franchise forwards which doesn’t help.
I don't blame him for his draft, that's managements fault.
And contrary to popular belief, I don't hate the kid, I hate his fans :laugh:. I would like him to do well, but there is no evidence of it, just grasping at straws.

You won't see me hating on Pavel Shen because no one is saying he is the answer for our top six woes.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Yes it was as simple as not qualifying him as they did with Wiley Sherman, Brett Ritchie, Ryan Fitzgerald. They may not have the greatest confidence that he will be a player for them, but they must feel there is some possibility or else why sign hmi at all?

Very slim. Some said he wouldn’t even get qualified. I do still think he can contribute in the NHL. Just might be with a different organization.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

not sure he was a hunk of junk but I think too many here are far more receptive to him because A- kid likes to drop the mitts and did so in his first game and B- draft position which Seny had no control over

Prior to his injury last year, really was liking Seny`s game, was reported all over the place the kid was going to be a project and shocker, he has been. I don`t get to see PB games so perhaps I`m the last who can assess Frederic but he was nowhere close to being NHL ready from the games I saw him play with the big club

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Very slim. Some said he wouldn’t even get qualified. I do still think he can contribute in the NHL. Just might be with a different organization.

I agree his chances don't look good, but as you pointed out, if they thought he was just a giant pile of suck that had no NHL future, then why even qualify him? They let players go from their ELCs all the time, all NHL teams do.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Frederic's stint back in 2018-19 was far too early, he wasn't ready, was basically just a 1st year pro. I think that recall was all Neely. Cam finally had enough of the softer JFK and wanted to add some jam and truculence to the line-up.

I'm not in love with the prospect, but I think Frederic is a safe bet to play in the NHL as a low-end 3rd line LW or C, or a high end 4th line LW/C. A thicker, tougher and more skilled, yet slower version of Kuraly. Matter of fact I see come next year Kuraly walking as a UFA and Frederic stepping right into his role.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
I agree his chances don't look good, but as you pointed out, if they thought he was just a giant pile of suck that had no NHL future, then why even qualify him? They let players go from their ELCs all the time, all NHL teams do.

That will be answered where they play ZS in pre-season. He did look good in his short stint with Coyle. Sweeney is a head scratcher at times thats for sure. So we’ll see.

Reactions: Dr Hook

member 96824

You won't see me hating on Pavel Shen because no one is saying he is the answer for our top six woes.

How dare you. Pavel Shen's development is right on par with Pavel Datsyuk's back in the day. It's a wash.

If he just got a chance playing top line minutes with PP time I think he could hold is own.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
How dare you. Pavel Shen's development is right on par with Pavel Datsyuk's back in the day. It's a wash.

If he just got a chance playing top line minutes with PP time I think he could hold is own.

Pavel was unbelievable world juniors...he could turn into something. Liking his trajectory over other prospects.

BruinsNetwork

Pastrnak probably won’t be available in camp so I’m assuming Senyshyn will be given every chance to stick, whether that be L1, L2 or L3.

If I had to guess, based on depth and barring additions:

Marchand-Bergeron-Kase
DeBrusk-Krejci-Smith
Bjork-Coyle-Senyshyn
Kuraly-Frederic-Wagner

I think DeBrusk fits best with Coyle and it needs a serious look in the least, but Cassidy has him 2LW rain or shine.

The fourth-line is a bit of a rotating door given the depth for those slots, however, I really like the idea of Kuraly at 4LW and Frederic at 4C. Kuraly hasn’t been great at center for quite a few months now and I think he was more effective on wing. Might just be confidence or injury, who knows?

Senyshyn isn’t the best fit for 1RW as a filler because of the way he plays. He’s very disruptive, especially low, but his recovery and ability to pull the puck away needs some work. He gets in, dislodges the puck (sometimes against two or more players because he’s hard to contain) and breaks up the play. However, he’s not someone like Kase who can pull the puck out of that situation and distribute every single time.

That’s why he fits much better with someone like Coyle and we saw that during his four-game stint. He’s an effective two-way winger with speed and size. He’s not Josh Anderson, but he’s also not Ryan Spooner. Senyshyn has plenty of size and strength, but he’s also got insane speed, agility with a good motor. I still like Senyshyn’s chances to be a solid, capable third-line wing that can be disruptive and keep players honest.

I said it on Twitter for Ahcan and I’ll say it here for Senyshyn— you won’t be scoring every night in the NHL. Some nights you’ll barely even see the puck, especially playing 10:00 TOI - 14:00 TOI, mostly 5-on-5. However, you can just go out there and be a f*cking problem. Be tough to play against, grind, work and hustle. There’s still a lot of value in that, even in the modern league, especially if you can do it against higher-end players rather than just fourth-line guys like Wagner. Senyshyn can do that.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Rooting for the kid as well, but you are correct it's like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin. The Bruins didn't even offer him a second year on his deal that would give him a 700k payday....They figure he won't be claimed and he won't make the bigs, so no way they are going to waste money.
You speak the truth Lou

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Roster decisions aren't as binary as that.

Ritchie had a one-way contract and got paid 1-million.

Senyshyn has a two-way contract paying him 100k in the AHL.

Why was Senyshyn qualified? He is cheap, and if you look at the Bruins reserve list and recent drafts, it seems unlikely any of these players will join the team in the near future. There is also the need for warm bodies to fill the roster in Providence.

Do you think they would've qualified him if they had to pay him Ritchie money?

Someday you'll have to tell me how it feels to be such a miserable bastard. It can't be fun.
Ah yes, the trusty ad-hominem attack. On the plus side, if your history professor gig doesn't work out, you can always teach creative writing - you would have a pretty good thesis if you complied your Senyshyn posts. Might be missing a few poems, let me help you out.

There once was a player named Senyshyn
and playing in the NHL was his mission
Some people got excited
but the lamp rarely lighted
and he scored once when the goalie was missin!

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Pastrnak probably won’t be available in camp so I’m assuming Senyshyn will be given every chance to stick, whether that be L1, L2 or L3.

If I had to guess, based on depth and barring additions:

Marchand-Bergeron-Kase
DeBrusk-Krejci-Smith
Bjork-Coyle-Senyshyn
Kuraly-Frederic-Wagner

I think DeBrusk fits best with Coyle and it needs a serious look in the least, but Cassidy has him 2LW rain or shine.

The fourth-line is a bit of a rotating door given the depth for those slots, however, I really like the idea of Kuraly at 4LW and Frederic at 4C. Kuraly hasn’t been great at center for quite a few months now and I think he was more effective on wing. Might just be confidence or injury, who knows?

Senyshyn isn’t the best fit for 1RW as a filler because of the way he plays. He’s very disruptive, especially low, but his recovery and ability to pull the puck away needs some work. He gets in, dislodges the puck (sometimes against two or more players because he’s hard to contain) and breaks up the play. However, he’s not someone like Kase who can pull the puck out of that situation and distribute every single time.

That’s why he fits much better with someone like Coyle and we saw that during his four-game stint. He’s an effective two-way winger with speed and size. He’s not Josh Anderson, but he’s also not Ryan Spooner. Senyshyn has plenty of size and strength, but he’s also got insane speed, agility with a good motor. I still like Senyshyn’s chances to be a solid, capable third-line wing that can be disruptive and keep players honest.

I said it on Twitter for Ahcan and I’ll say it here for Senyshyn— you won’t be scoring every night in the NHL. Some nights you’ll barely even see the puck, especially playing 10:00 TOI - 14:00 TOI, mostly 5-on-5. However, you can just go out there and be a f*cking problem. Be tough to play against, grind, work and hustle. There’s still a lot of value in that, even in the modern league, especially if you can do it against higher-end players rather than just fourth-line guys like Wagner. Senyshyn can do that.

What about Studnicka? I think he's on the big club in January. Would love to see Senyshyn make it, too.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Senyshyn pick is awful cause of who were on board and the fact that he would have still been considered a reach early in 2nd round.

But he had the attributes. Fast, goal scorer. Shifty. Hard working.

But never was he given the chance. And they tried to shift him to a goal scorer to a two zone bottom line utility guy. That I not understand.

You take a out of the wack chance going off board with a potential skill guy. Put him with skills guys and see what you got.

You may still got nothing but it can’t be worse of what you got now.

Unless the plan was to sign him to a 1,4M/2y contract in 2020 without any contribution between 15-20 all along...

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I guess we can safely assume that they are going with the kids. I think we will see if some of these kids will be players or not. All this bitching about them will come to be realized. They will sink or swim. It will be validation for some or it will be a I told you so moment. What are we looking at, maybe four of them coming up? Screw it, they lost the first line anyways. For those who think they will be back at 100%, think again. It never works that way. Plus, you have Bergeron with his injury. He’s never going to be 100% either. So effectively, they lost the entire first line to start the season plus. I say go for it to see who will stick and who will fizzle. It’s obvious what route Sweeney has chosen.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I guess we can safely assume that they are going with the kids. I think we will see if some of these kids will be players or not. All this bitching about them will come to be realized. They will sink or swim. It will be validation for some or it will be a I told you so moment. What are we looking at, maybe four of them coming up? Screw it, they lost the first line anyways. For those who think they will be back at 100%, think again. It never works that way. Plus, you have Bergeron with his injury. He’s never going to be 100% either. So effectively, they lost the entire first line to start the season plus. I say go for it to see who will stick and who will fizzle. It’s obvious what route Sweeney has chosen.

This.....plus the economics and future unknown that has the bruins at a stalemate.

Heck the NHL hasn't even confirmed the start of the NHL season and logistics that will come with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad