Player Discussion Zach Senyshyn - III - NO 2015 draft talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I'm surprised the organization decided to waste another valuable contract on a previous failed project that only showed how a train wreck the scouts team is. The talented team of players development couldn't save the monumental mistake made by the organization. The coaching team was underwhelmed with the lack of hockey sense and understanding of the game. They soon realized they got a big charismatic yellow Lemon...and some people love their lemon, as much as Bubba loved shrimp... shrimp cocktail, sauteed shrimp, shrimp BBQ, shrimp creole, shrimp pasta, shrimp garlic, shrimp vindaloo...

Reactions: LSCII and FinnBear

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
I think Senyshyn is the futur Sean Kuraly. Similar frame and skillset. Not a bad thing as I really like Kuralys game on the 4th line but yeah he definately could have been taken later. People hoping for a top 6 player are going to be very disapointed.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I guess we can safely assume that they are going with the kids. I think we will see if some of these kids will be players or not. All this bitching about them will come to be realized. They will sink or swim. It will be validation for some or it will be a I told you so moment. What are we looking at, maybe four of them coming up? Screw it, they lost the first line anyways. For those who think they will be back at 100%, think again. It never works that way. Plus, you have Bergeron with his injury. He’s never going to be 100% either. So effectively, they lost the entire first line to start the season plus. I say go for it to see who will stick and who will fizzle. It’s obvious what route Sweeney has chosen.

Yup. And with flat cap plus possible no AHL/reduced AHL season. Its a perfect time to see what we have

If Sweeney/scouts/development staff did their jobs or failed

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
They've done a good job with undrafted free agents though.
They've done such a good job, a lot of people now forget or don't realize getting a 100+ games played UDFA probably has an expected success rate of less than 5%.

Getting a Krug out of UDFAs is close to a miracle.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They've done such a good job, a lot of people now forget or don't realize getting a 100+ games played UDFA probably has an expected success rate of less than 5%.

Getting a Krug out of UDFAs is close to a miracle.

He's literally one of the best undrafted NCAA free agents of all time. The type that comes along maybe once in a decade league-wide, let alone the same team.

The Bruins have had success with undrafted NCAA free agents, arguably the best of any NHL team the past decade. It's hard to compare that to the NHL draft because your talking 18-year olds vs. guys who are more likely 22-23, even 24. It's like apples and oranges really. Your talking about signing fully-grown men basically vs. drafting teenagers.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think Senyshyn is the futur Sean Kuraly. Similar frame and skillset. Not a bad thing as I really like Kuralys game on the 4th line but yeah he definately could have been taken later. People hoping for a top 6 player are going to be very disapointed.

I disagree. The frame is the only thing they have in common

Kuraly plays with a lot of heart/defense/details but lacks the hands to be a 15-20 goal scorer

Senyshyn has the hands/scorers mentality but was very raw in defense/details of the game department. They have been working on this aspect of his game for 2-3 years down at providence.

My guess is that, the hope is he doesn't miss assignments/turnovers/lost giving up scoring chances and when chances are there to score/odd man rush/breakaway.... utilize his scoring capability

Senyshyn ceiling is Grabner imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Oates2Neely

member 96824

To be fair. He was a big reach at the time as well. Could've had a guy like Sam Steel instead.

IIRC, Alex DeBrincat was the consensus BPA when that pick was made and definitely a guy a lot of people where clamoring for here.

Probably don't need to go into what we've spent since 2016 trying to get a right handed top 6 scoring forward.

Reactions: Lo97 and LSCII

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
IIRC, Alex DeBrincat was the consensus BPA when that pick was made and definitely a guy a lot of people where clamoring for here.

Probably don't need to go into what we've spent since 2016 trying to get a right handed top 6 scoring forward.

Oh boy. I can't wait to see everyone in the early 2nd round of the 2019 draft get 60 point seasons while Beecher is mucking and grinding on that 4th line :ha:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Kuraly plays with a lot of heart/defense/details but lacks the hands to be a 15-20 goal scorer

Senyshyn has the hands/scorers mentality but was very raw in defense/details of the game department. They have been working on this aspect of his game for 2-3 years down at providence.

My guess is that, the hope is he doesn't miss assignments/turnovers/lost giving up scoring chances and when chances are there to score/odd man rush/breakaway.... utilize his scoring capability

Senyshyn has not been able to bury those breakaway's in Providence vs minor league goalies. I don't see him doing so against better defenses and much better goalies.

Senyshyn's realize and shot are terrific but he has very little hockey sense even offensively, he has trouble getting open and positioning himself in good scoring areas. This maybe because the coached have drilled it into him to play defense and haven't played im with the best centers for the most part but for a player who was suppose to be able to create offense with his speed and shot it has been missing at an AHL level so far.

For what it's worth I like Senyshyn, he doesn't complain, works hard and listens to his coaches (for good or bad). I hope he makes himself a career like Daniel Paille did but anybody expecting offense from him is going to be sadly disappointed.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016

Kuraly has sick hands, what r u talking bout.. watch him in tight space.. Senyshyn isnt a scorer.. he hasnt been one since the junior. They r both speedy frwds with decent hands. Senyshyn obv isnt has good on D but he has time to learn. They r both comparable and u'll see it.. i know ur from mtl like me so if u go watch the rocket when they play prov, u'll notice the same thing. Guy is a 4th liner, but he might be a decent once (like Kuraly)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Waived

No point production down at Providence. Was reduced to like a 4th liner

Not sure what happened

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Waived

No point production down at Providence. Was reduced to like a 4th liner

Not sure what happened

They drafted him for his offensive skill, speed, and size, and then set about to recreate his entire game to make him a guy that was good in all three zones and could play defensively. I've said it here a dozen times about this kid. If you want a solid two way player that can contribute in all three zones, draft a guy that can do this. Don't draft a greyhound and then try to make him into a bulldog. It rarely works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad