Rumor: Zach Hyman is signing in Edmonton - Done deal per James Mirtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
If Dubas gets a pick I have no problem. It's his fans that have been justifying letting hyman walk for nothing is solid because it is Dubas' decision is what is pissing me off
I didn’t know Dubas and his fans decided to let Hyman walk for nothing already.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
If Dubas gets a pick I have no problem. It's his fans that have been justifying letting hyman walk for nothing is solid because it is Dubas' decision is what is pissing me off
Yeah I can’t stand any of the current management group and I still think it would be bad for the team overall to cave now.
Whether or not you want him to be the teams GM now or going forward he is. And while he is here he hurts his negotiating power going forward if he caves

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
who the heck is saying that accept a lowball offer? accept the best offer available; but accept it don't let hyman go for nothing.

have you seen other posts here claiming not getting anything for hyman is alright because dubas is awesome? yea... i dont think so.

I am a Leafs fan; and it matters to me how Leafs get impacted
I am also a Leaf fan and it also matters to me how the Leafs get impacted. I have not seen any posts "claiming not getting anything for hyman is alright because dubas is awesome" I don't there have been any nor do I think there will be either, but I have seen and do plan to see more posts about not accepting less than what the team conciders acceptable.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Dubas' negotiations before were a JOKE and if Hyman walks for nothing you can add another kink in the failure that has been Dubas' tenure as a GM with the Leafs
6th round pick isn't worth it. Especially in a flat cap world. It's straight up not market value. Lowest should be a 4th rounder based on Edmundson trade.

If he makes the trade for a 6th or 7th majority of the people dissing Dubas for getting nothing will also come back next year saying he was weak for caving.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Yeah I can’t stand any of the current management group and I still think it would be bad for the team overall to cave now.
Whether or not you want him to be the teams GM now or going forward he is. And while he is here he hurts his negotiating power going forward if he caves

it doesn't hurt his negotiation powers. where is this coming from? dubas can wait till july 28th and get the best offer available for all i care; it doesn't have to be today or right now.

letting hyman walk for nothing is tremendously bad asset management.

if he accepts whatever is available it doesn't impact his negotiating powers later; because there is nothing telling him to always cave (although history points to the contrary).

There is time to take a hardstand and there is time to be tactful. This isn't the time to take a hardstand. Leafs gain absolutely nothing if hyman walks for free

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I am also a Leaf fan and it also matters to me how the Leafs get impacted. I have not seen any posts "claiming not getting anything for hyman is alright because dubas is awesome" I don't there have been any nor do I think there will be either, but I have seen and do plan to see more posts about not accepting less than what the team conciders acceptable.

You might want to go back a few pages to see these posts

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
have you been following this thread at all? or are you just picking on posters that post for the betterment of the Leafs instead of praising dubas for everything he does no matter how much it screws the Leafs?
I’m not going to attack him for a decision he hasn’t even made yet. Hopefully you’re the first to praise him if he gets a seventh rounder, cuz right now all I’m seeing from you is blind hate.

Reactions: Metroid

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
6th round pick isn't worth it. Especially in a flat cap world. It's straight up not market value. Lowest should be a 4th rounder based on Edmundson trade.

If he makes the trade for a 6th or 7th majority of the people dissing Dubas for getting nothing will also come back next year saying he was weak for caving.

Suppose Dubas stands his ground and Hyman walks for free. Then what?

Nobody is saying that dubas has to make it happen today or right away; he has till july 28th 11:59 am to make it happen.

He has to get something instead of nothing. If it's the 4th that awesome if not then accept the 5th or 6th or 7th whatever.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Guys the time to take a hardstand is when there's nothing on the line, like alienating a franchise player and driving a wedge between them and the team.

But this is a 6th round pick we're talking about here. The stakes are too high for the future of the franchise, check your principles at the door, get blatantly taken advantage of , and get the pick

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I’m not going to attack him for a decision he hasn’t even made yet. Hopefully you’re the first to praise him if he gets a seventh rounder, cuz right now all I’m seeing from you is blind hate.

I was the first to praise him and defend trading 1st rounder for Foligno; until I found out that Dubas traded for Foligno knowing fullwell he was injured.

Go through my post history and find that thread if you like. I don't hide my profile like some do on this board.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I don't understand this fanbase. We complain that we lose assets like Gardiner, JVR, Bozak for nothing. Then complain that when Hyman, who is not currently employed by the team, can get us a 6th via a sign and trade, they don't make that trade because... it's not high enough? Either Hyman walks away, and we get literally nothing, or we can get a 6th .

From TSN, Edmonton is apparently going to wait until FA. I wonder how many people are going to say "Omg, Dubas let Hyman go for nothing". I don't understand the logic. Does this make Dubas seem "tougher"?

No one is every happy around here.

Reactions: Woodman19

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
it doesn't hurt his negotiation powers. where is this coming from? dubas can wait till july 28th and get the best offer available for all i care; it doesn't have to be today or right now.

letting hyman walk for nothing is tremendously bad asset management.

if he accepts whatever is available it doesn't impact his negotiating powers later; because there is nothing telling him to always cave (although history points to the contrary).

There is time to take a hardstand and there is time to be tactful. This isn't the time to take a hardstand. Leafs gain absolutely nothing if hyman walks for free
This is absolutely the time to take a hard stand. It’s a damn 6th or 7th round pick.
It’s 1 chance in 20 that player plays 90 games.
It’s what 1 in 200 or 300 that he is as good as the former redwings you keep mentioning.
This is the exact time to set a precedent. If it doesn’t work the loss is small. If it does work the gain is much better and either way he rebuilds part of his reputation amongst his peers

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Guys the time to take a hardstand is when there's nothing on the line, like alienating a franchise player and driving a wedge between them and the team.

But this is a 6th round pick we're talking about here. The stakes are too high for the future of the franchise, check your principles at the door, get blatantly taken advantage of , and get the pick

We only made 12 picks last year, this idiot is going to bleed us dry if we don't get a 7th right now.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This is absolutely the time to take a hard stand. It’s a damn 6th or 7th round pick.
It’s 1 chance in 20 that player plays 90 games.
It’s what 1 in 200 or 300 that he is as good as the former redwings you keep mentioning.
This is the exact time to set a precedent. If it doesn’t work the loss is small. If it does work the gain is much better and either way he rebuilds part of his reputation amongst his peers

Agree with what you are saying but don't agree with letting hyman walk for free. If Oil decide they will happily sign Hyman to a 7 yr deal instead of giving up the pick; then you gotta loosen that hard stand.

There are times to take hard stands and time to be tactful. You gotta get something for Hyman. Same with Rielly; if Mo isn't re-signing here then you gotta trade him now not after next season is done.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Seems like everyone but you thinks he should stand his ground not just Dubas fans.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Suppose Dubas stands his ground and Hyman walks for free. Then what?

Nobody is saying that dubas has to make it happen today or right away; he has till july 28th 11:59 am to make it happen.

He has to get something instead of nothing. If it's the 4th that awesome if not then accept the 5th or 6th or 7th whatever.
The Islanders let Tavares walk for nothing. Was that a disaster for them? Some here argue that was actually a disaster for us.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Good thing we didn't do that, we gave them everything they wanted and just look at how well we have been rewarded

Can't win a playoff round, struggling to fill out the roster because we have no cap space, trading away middle 6 forwards so we can afford a 5M defenseman

Jesus, it's great to be us

And now we should turn out noses up to assets because we think we can get more in a very tenuous negotiating position where Edmonton can just tell us to **** off

Do the right thing by the team, not ego and get something

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Today
Holland : ‘ I’ll give you a seventh ‘
Dubas: ‘ you’ll have to do better than that’

Deadline
Holland : ‘I’ll give you a seventh’
Dubas : ‘Done.’

and some don’t see how that could affect his dealings in the future?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Today
Holland : ‘ I’ll give you a seventh ‘
Dubas: ‘ you’ll have to do better than that’

Deadline
Holland : ‘I’ll give you a seventh’
Dubas : ‘Done.’

and some don’t see how that could affect his dealings in the future?

Assuming Edmonton hasn't dealt their pick to address some other need by then then sure

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
So Dubas AND Lou are incompetent?

My point was losing JT didn't kill the Isles, in fact far from it. I fail to see how Hyman walking for nothing can be called a huge mistake.

Both teams are structured in terms of style and mentality differently. Furthermore, one team has a coach that is amazing while another team has a rookie.

Isles did not have their captain for the entire season and did not miss a beat including the playoffs. They have 17 million in capspace with 5 more to sign to round out the 23 man roster.

Also have more picks than the Leafs and playoff success.

Both the teams are not in the same boat and it isn't apple to apple comparison. Btw Isles fans were ticked off that JT walked for nothing; that was a primary asset that walked for nothing. That was absolute incompetence by the isles.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
I don't understand this fanbase. We complain that we lose assets like Gardiner, JVR, Bozak for nothing. Then complain that when Hyman, who is not currently employed by the team, can get us a 6th via a sign and trade, they don't make that trade because... it's not high enough? Either Hyman walks away, and we get literally nothing, or we can get a 6th .

From TSN, Edmonton is apparently going to wait until FA. I wonder how many people are going to say "Omg, Dubas let Hyman go for nothing". I don't understand the logic. Does this make Dubas seem "tougher"?

No one is every happy around here.

hahah did you just compare gettinga 7th rounder and HELPING Edmonton reduce their cap by 1 mil the same as trading JVR, Gardiner and Bozak for 1st and 2nd Rounders?

Wow lol

Reactions: Havoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad