Status
Not open for further replies.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
good-good.jpg

Reactions: Tlo1 and Mats13

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Oh well. At least he's staying in Canada and not going to a team I hate. I wouldn't do it too early though...make Edmonton sweat it out or give us a better pick or we trade them a lower pick for a higher pick. Otherwise wait till free agency. Hope Dubas doesn't do it for a 6th that will never play. I want their 4th rounder and will give up our 5th rounder.

Last edited:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
This is Clarkson 2.0. Thank you for everything to Hyman, but that contract is a huge no-no

Holland literally just did this, but to a lesser extent with Kassian. Signed him to a 4 year extension that kicked in this past season... Kassian at age 30 started his new contract with 5 points in 27 games. Lucic was another big one for Edmonton, who played ok until age 29, and then became a 4th line by age 30.

These physical low/moderate skill players very regularly see a significant drop in play around age 30, and are often out of the league shortly thereafter or at least relegated to the 4th line.

Reactions: Anthrax442

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I'd have stayed away because it is a bad contract but Leafs stayed away because they can't even try to give him a bad deal. Cap hell is a bitch and the idiot responsible is still in control.
Leafs stayed away because it's a bad deal. If nothing else they've consistently showed they will find ways to make it work. Had they signed Hyman to 7/8 at 5 per you'd be losing your mind.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I've allowed myself to get my hopes up about what the return could be. By allowing them to talk without trading for his rights we've created a defined benefit to them far more valuable than talking to him early and *maybe* reaching a deal

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I've allowed myself to get my hopes up about what the return could be. By allowing them to talk without trading for his rights we've created a defined benefit to them far more valuable than talking to him early and *maybe* reaching a deal

I dont think it will be much. Like maybe a 3rd if we're lucky. More likely a b grade prospect

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Leafs stayed away because it's a bad deal. If nothing else they've consistently showed they will find ways to make it work. Had they signed Hyman to 7/8 at 5 per you'd be losing your mind.
Agreed but even at 4 x 7 or 8 would be a bad deal but they tried. They should be sending a pick to the Oil for preventing them from further screwing themselves by signing him.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I'd have stayed away because it is a bad contract but Leafs stayed away because they can't even try to give him a bad deal. Cap hell is a bitch and the idiot responsible is still in control.
At least he's never signed any crippling contracts like the Lucic, Kassian, Clarkson, Marleau and soon to be Hyman deals.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Hyman is going to play with McDavid. I think he will be just fine. McDavid will get 100 pts next season. WRITE IT DOWN!

Reactions: Magnum23

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Hilarious that Dubas sticks to his guns and doesn't over pay Hyman on a too long of a deal and he still doesn't get credit.

People on this board are clearly just picking a side and it's BS.

Call it like it is, he made a good decision here.

Call him out on bad decisions and good decisions. It's total BS to take every good decision and crap on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad