Player Discussion Zach Bogosian

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I hope he is scratched again. It would send a message that sabres don't cave to demands.
He's a me guy. We need more we guys. Ralph is the right guy and knows culture building. If you want out on your teammates, then you don't deserve to be a part of the organization.

Last edited:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'd be fine if we paid out the remaining 40 games of his contract for him to go fishing so long as he was away from the team

scott.jpg

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
Waive him, assign him to the Amerks and never play him. That will save a million off his cap hit and he'll be gone next year.

I mean eventually if there's no trade partner that's what they're gonna have to do. Why keep that negativity around a team that is trending in the right direction?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Tell him that they are in the process of looking for a trade partner to take his remaining salary and don't want to risk injury to him and send him home. Don't call us, Bogo. We'll call you.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Bogo certainly overreacted to the benching. He may or may not have had an agent coaching him given it is a contract year for him. I doubt the media and fan reaction were to his liking. I am also sure it was probably a little difficult in the dressing room for him.

I am also sure that inside of 24 hrs Ralph had him reacclimated to the team and the situation behind them before the media had even hit their highpoint. I would bet at this point that Bogo understands he went about it wrong and likely regrets it. If I were to venture a guess, they have discussed with him how to get his game back on track so that he actually has trade value again. Once they get to that point then they can revisit where both he and the team stand and move forward accordingly. Improving his game play and game shape is the best way out for both Bogo and the team. Win-win.

So....as fans our best move is to hope Bogo regains some form so he is either helping the team win and worth keeping for a playoff run, or become useful enough to get an asset in return. Given where we are now in that process we are likely looking at the trade deadline to get the value re-established. No amount of hammering on him or proposing of ways to dump him for nothing improves the team. (and yes I get the concept of addition by subtraction)

Reactions: k8prisoner

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Bogo certainly overreacted to the benching. He may or may not have had an agent coaching him given it is a contract year for him. I doubt the media and fan reaction were to his liking. I am also sure it was probably a little difficult in the dressing room for him.

I am also sure that inside of 24 hrs Ralph had him reacclimated to the team and the situation behind them before the media had even hit their highpoint. I would bet at this point that Bogo understands he went about it wrong and likely regrets it. If I were to venture a guess, they have discussed with him how to get his game back on track so that he actually has trade value again. Once they get to that point then they can revisit where both he and the team stand and move forward accordingly. Improving his game play and game shape is the best way out for both Bogo and the team. Win-win.

So....as fans our best move is to hope Bogo regains some form so he is either helping the team win and worth keeping for a playoff run, or become useful enough to get an asset in return. Given where we are now in that process we are likely looking at the trade deadline to get the value re-established. No amount of hammering on him or proposing of ways to dump him for nothing improves the team. (and yes I get the concept of addition by subtraction)

Sanity prevails .. Zach's still a big baby in my eyes until he decapitates the leafs or slaps around hamnasandwichr2 after the win.. Waaaugghh. I liked zach and stiil do he just cant keep up yet... I agree w your post.. We'll see if rk lights a fire under his...or someone sticks a lit match between his toes and gets beaten up.. I'm excited

Last edited:

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Eh. I think it's overblown. Risto was broken and discouraged on locker cleanout day and now he's playing well. We don't know who leaked the Bogo wants out story, but it doesn't seem like it was Bogo himself nor JBot, so it's either his agent or some lesser minion of Sabres brass. Judging from Bogo's response to questions, it seems like a trade has been discussed. I think the real key is that Bogo is in a contract year and wants regular playing time. If not in Buffalo then, well, somewhere else obviously. Even if several other Dmen are rotating through the press box, Bogo and/or his agent feels like it hurts his contract value if he's being sat. I suspect his agent let something slip and it wasn't taken the way he thought it was.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Bogo doesn't have a new agent for Christmas.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
My issue with this matter is that it was made public. I found Bogosian's statement cowardly and inadequate. I don't have any problem with a player requesting a trade, but if it goes public they owe the fans an explanation. Confirm or deny it and if confirmed explain how it became public. There could be an innocent explanation or the player may have sanctioned a leak by a sleazy agent. As far as I'm concerned Bogosian should be fired into the sun.
Especially when the team is trying to build something and this can undermine leadership and momentum.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looking at the Blackhawks board again, they had another putrid performance against Arizona. Fans are getting on this team. They're used to winning and are talking about firing the coach and GM. One of the biggest targets is Brandon Saad. I'd take Saad for Bogosian in some kind of deal. They're even calling for the head of their TV play by play man Pat Foley, who I'd take any day over Dunleavy. That team is in chaos.

That Saad idea... can they get the Hawks to retain, because his 2nd year isn't appealing unless it is with some level of retention (say $2 million).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad