Player Discussion Zach Bogosian

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I am honestly getting sick of Kruger. His f***ing moronic reasoning that Blowgo is playing over Colin Miller due to the "system" is laughably pathetic.

Bogo you get hurt every f***ing year and miss 40+ games anyway so any time now during practice or picking up groceries would be fine.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I am honestly getting sick of Kruger. His ****ing moronic reasoning that Blowgo is playing over Colin Miller due to the "system" is laughably pathetic.

Bogo you get hurt every ****ing year and miss 40+ games anyway so any time now during practice or picking up groceries would be fine.
Probably just trying to trade him. If he doesn't play trading him is impossible.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I would trade him for nothing even keeping half his salary just to get him off the team. We are wasting Miller as an asset by not playing him, lowering both his trade value and hurting his relationship with the organization. Other vets around the league see how this is being handled and it is going in the negative column. It affects free agency, player retention, and players with moment clauses. Getting Bogo out and Miller in is a no-brainer that has to get done ASAP for SOOOOOOOO many reasons.

Reactions: Husko

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
That's terrible logic on their part if that's what this is. The more Bogosian plays, the clearer it is that he isn't an NHL-caliber defenseman. Bench the clown.
NHL GM's won't look at that. They will be thinking about 6'3 225lb tough defenseman added for the playoffs. That's how this league works. Sabres just need to show he's healthy.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I would trade him for nothing even keeping half his salary just to get him off the team. We are wasting Miller as an asset by not playing him, lowering both his trade value and hurting his relationship with the organization. Other vets around the league see how this is being handled and it is going in the negative column. It affects free agency, player retention, and players with moment clauses. Getting Bogo out and Miller in is a no-brainer that has to get done ASAP for SOOOOOOOO many reasons.

Bogo has a $5mil cap hit and he's showing he's toast even when healthy. He has negative trade value and it's not worth giving up anything to get rid of an expiring contract. People can say to waive him to Rochester but it's clear he would not have the right attitude to handle that and we don't need a malcontent around the kids in Rochester nor in Buffalo.

This is 100% on Ralph. The solution is so simple that it's a mystery why Ralph doesn't do it and the media doesn't ask why he doesn't do it. Tell him don't show up. Don't put him in the f'ing lineup.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Probably just trying to trade him. If he doesn't play trading him is impossible.

f*** trading him!

He doesn't have a NMC and is a true net negative player. WAIVE HIS BUM ASS. Hopefully he would refuse to report and we could suspend the bum!

Blowgo is gone in less then 6 months. He does not need to be traded. He needs to never see the f***ing ice again.

Colin Miller was a top 4 Dman on an elite playoff team the last 2 years. Yet supposedly he can't learn our "system" so we play Blowgo. Ralph, I have played enough Football Manager in my day, keep your EPL bullshit in Britain. Blowgo is trash, has been since his 2nd year and is an arrogant piece of crap.

If Blowgo seriously plays over Miller any more once we come back from the break I would not care one bit if Pegula fired Botts and Kruger. Hire Laviolette and a new GM. Kruger seemed like the real deal and had me excited but at the end of the day he is just another hack with stupid f***ing ideas.

Oh no no, Colin Miller who is a top 4 RHD on a recent cup finalist/elite playoff team who had scored 70 points in 147 games the 2 seasons prior for said elite team, playing over 19 mins a game in the far tougher Western Conference, whose CF% was over 56% both prior years is not good/smart enough to play in the Buffablow system. So I must insert Zach Blowgosian, a trash dman with garbage possession stats, untimely penalties all the f***ing time and who has LESS points in his 2014-2020 Sabre career then Miller had in 17-18 and 18-19! Great plan Ralph. Your name suits you, when I find out Blowgo plays and Miller sits your hack "system" makes me want to f***ing Ralph all over my TV. I am beyond pissed. Miller is a legit top 4 dman. Blowgo isn't a top 4 dman in the AHL. He is more fragile then Tim Connolly post 06 playoffs.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Yeah, this is sunk cost fallacy all over again. Waive him, his value will only decrease anyway.
Giving him ice time actually lowers the value of our other players and/or pisses them off.

I'm pretty sure we would have one yesterday if Bogo didn't play. If we want to roll out many dmen we can play Borgen who actually could provide some traits our current dmen lacks.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
13 games until the trade deadline.

The only plausible reason Bogo is still on the roster is Botts belief in gaining an asset for him at the trade deadline (and plausible does not make it defensible). No one is going to give Botts anything for Bogo.

So it will be really interesting to see what Botts does on Feb 25 when he has no more excuses for Bogo's presence on the roster.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
13 games until the trade deadline.

The only plausible reason Bogo is still on the roster is Botts belief in gaining an asset for him at the trade deadline (and plausible does not make it defensible). No one is going to give Botts anything for Bogo.

So it will be really interesting to see what Botts does on Feb 25 when he has no more excuses for Bogo's presence on the roster.

Simple. He stays as the 7th or 8th D and it's up to Krueger whether he plays or not.

If Krueger locks him out of the lineup for an extended period, maybe you'd see him waived. Not before.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Simple. He stays as the 7th or 8th D and it's up to Krueger whether he plays or not.

If Krueger locks him out of the lineup for an extended period, maybe you'd see him waived. Not before.

That's... just stupid.

Krueger has shown his hand. He'll play Bogo.

It's up to the GM to rectify that. Not only for the good of the present season, but also for the good of the future. Miller is under contract for... gulp... 2 more years. And Botts also has a big decision to make contract wise with Montour. He has to force Krueger's hand a bit to gain as much information as possible heading in to this summer.

Botts has stupidly made the case that he's trying to trade Bogo, but once the trade deadline passes, the only acceptable decision from Botts is to waive Bogo. It optomizes the current lineup, and provides the best information on the upcoming roster decisions that need to be made.

Dahlin-Joki
Pilut-Risto
Montour-Miller
x McCabe

Reactions: sabremike

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
That's... just stupid.

It's up to the GM to rectify that. Not only for the good of the present season, but also for the good of the future. Miller is under contract for... gulp... 2 more years. And Botts also has a big decision to make contract wise with Montour. He has to force Krueger's hand a bit to gain as much information as possible heading in to this summer.

Botts has stupidly made the case that he's trying to trade Bogo, but once the trade deadline passes, the only acceptable decision from Botts is to waive Bogo. It optomizes the current lineup, and provides the best information on the upcoming roster decisions that need to be made.

Dahlin-Joki
Pilut-Risto
Montour-Miller
x McCabe

the fact we have the players to play that lineup...and I have to see McCabe and bogo fart around the ice is infuriating

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
the fact we have the players to play that lineup...and I have to see McCabe and bogo fart around the ice is infuriating

The only excuse is Botts not caring about this season, and prioritizing trade value
Once that excuse is no longer available to him (post trade deadline), there is no acceptable reason for Bogo to be on the roster for Krueger to inexplicably continue playing.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
That's... just stupid.

Dahlin-Joki
Pilut-Risto
Montour-Miller
x McCabe

Bogo being played over these guys is squarely the decision of the coach - not the GM. Not surprising however that you would turn it into a direct criticism of the GM...

Yes - the GM could take the coach's toy away - but I would hope that these guys have a cooperative working relationship instead of needing to work against each other in the way you describe.

Maybe a team gets desperate & would give a 7th for Bogo with max retention? Maybe that's what they are hoping for?

After the TDL there are no excuses though - I agree. Botts needs to force Krueger's hand if need be. I'm sure that Krueger understands both the direct & indirect benefits & if he doesn't it's a black mark against him from my POV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad