GDT: YST G2 | Oilers vs. Flames | 8:30PM MST | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm definitely happy with the results! :D

Bennett really didn't stand out as much tonight as I thought he would. I'm not sure if he's going 100% or not (probably not) but he didn't look like a top 5 pick tonight. I'm sure he'll step it up in the big training camp - I'm a big fan of his outside of the stupid penalties he routinely takes.

Can't really take too much from these games as far as the top players are concerned. None of the Oilers top picks really stood out either (Even Nurse has been coasting a bit outside of the fighting) but it doesn't mean anything in the long run.

It was nice to see Chase have a bounceback game. He was all over the ice in a good way, too bad that he's still snakebitten.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
GtYjkxG.jpg

Lol:yo:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Yeah it's a meaningless prospects game. But shutting up Flames fans for a few minutes is always nice.

Drai and Nurse showed why they are as talked about as they are.

Nurse is just a beast. Teams will despise playing him eventually. I still think AHL time will help him. But if he comes to camp and dominates both ends then he's ready.

Drai has borderline otherworldly vision and a tremendous backhand pass that can make use of it. Strong, calm, effective

Laleggia and Winquist also with strong performances. Chase even improved at the end.

Fantastic game if you're an Oilers fan.

Drai still gets away with a lot of bad passes, which turns me off, but he had an outstanding game tonight.

No one touches Nurse though.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nurse just... I feel like he would be the Messier type captain. Play hard for your team, be super skilled but when the time comes, completely destroy someone and be a dick when nessessary

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Say what you will about Andersson, kid had balls for standing up to Nurse and not turtling.

Christoffer is a guy that I'd entertain signing to a NHL deal if he keeps this kind of compete up the whole season. What a hard working player!

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Say what you will about Andersson, kid had balls for standing up to Nurse and not turtling.

Christoffer is a guy that I'd entertain signing to a NHL deal if he keeps this kind of compete up the whole season. What a hard working player!

I like Christoffer. Guy works hard every shift.

How has LaLeggia looked? Really liked his game at DU.

He's been really strong. Can't say anything bad about him.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
What an effort by Christoffer. Great signing for Bakersfield.
I agree. Showed a lot of hustle, just as he did last night. Same with Rankin. For me those two guys are the most pleasant surprises.
Thing is though, the announcers said Andersson plays in the OHL. He must know Nurse.
If that was a demonstration of his fighting ability then wtf was he thinking?
Pro tip. If you can't fight at all, don't drop the gloves with Nurse. I would have liked to have seen Nurse step back a bit there. Those last few shots were unnecessary imo.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Balls sure...dumb idea..definitely.

I like Chridtoffers hustle and he has skill to back it up.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I agree. Showed a lot of hustle, just as he did last night. Same with Rankin. For me those two guys are the most pleasant surprises.

Pro tip. If you can't fight at all, don't drop the gloves with Nurse. I would have liked to have seen Nurse step back a bit there. Those last few shots were unnecessary imo.

You see the Flames jersey, you keep throwing. I'm just glad of all of it.

I ****ing HATE the Flames. Nurse did right by me.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Very good game from the Oil after the first ten minutes or so.

Winquist, Draisaitl, LaLeggia, Papirny, Nurse, Christoffer, all with very strong games. Chase got better as the game went on, Platzer not bad. Slepy was fairly quiet. Rankin better than last night. I thought baby Jones had a tough first but rebounded. I've seen quite enough of Waltz. :laugh:

Christoffer has been one of the best players on the ice in both games. Gotta think he's earned himself a spot in the Golden Bears game and potentially a couple preseason games too.

That beatdown from Nurse was incredibly satisfying :laugh: though props to Andersson for taking his beating like a man and not hiding behind the linesmen .

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

I'd rather credit stupidity than bravery.

It's not brave going into a cage and trying to fight lion for absolutely no reason at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad