GDT: YST G2 | Oilers vs. Flames | 8:30PM MST | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
He's been really strong. Can't say anything bad about him.

I'm quite impressed with his vision and overall movement and skating. He even has more of an effect in the D-Zone than I thought he would for a guy of his size.

Cool, thanks. He was a pain to play against, whenever the Gophers played DU, but I always enjoyed watching him. Hoping he makes it as a pro.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
GtYjkxG.jpg

Looks good. No lie.

Nurse is superior to all. And to all a good night.

That sequence is going to haunt Flames prospects for a while.

Jesus Christ.

Nurse just... I feel like he would be the Messier type captain. Play hard for your team, be super skilled but when the time comes, completely destroy someone and be a dick when nessessary

I know it isn't a fair mention, but you also described Pronger. Pronger had that kind of impact at the NHL level, Nurse has only done similar things at the prospect level. It's extremely unlikely that he could get to that level at the NHL level. But it's nice to hope. :)

How has LaLeggia looked? Really liked his game at DU.

Really good. Smart, skilled, fast. He will still need seasoning, but he's everything that he's been billed as so far.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Love his enthusiasm when it's over. Showing up, even for games that don't matter, matters.

The 'C' looks good on him; too bad Connor had to show up and ruin everything. What a dick. :D
I might prefer Nurse as captain... It they can co captain

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Can anyone who caught the whole game point out some highlight real worthy plays? Making a video of our young stars. Thanks! :D

I only caught the 3rd period, and managed to watch Drai's amazing assist on the powerplay, his penalty goal, and Nurse's fight and intensity.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Say what you will about Andersson, kid had balls for standing up to Nurse and not turtling.

Christoffer is a guy that I'd entertain signing to a NHL deal if he keeps this kind of compete up the whole season. What a hard working player!

Lots of balls or lack of brains.

Really like Christoffer too, love the motor on him.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Is Christoffer the Tkachev of this year? (only that he's already signed to an AHL deal)

Hard to say as they are such different players. I think Christoffer plays a game that will better translate to the AHL and is a player type that the Oilers are lacking. Hopefully he can put it all together, these last few games have been encouraging.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hard to say as they are such different players. I think Christoffer plays a game that will better translate to the AHL and is a player type that the Oilers are lacking. Hopefully he can put it all together, these last few games have been encouraging.

Christoffer looks like a player who works hard every single shift. I like the kid's hustle.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I agree. Showed a lot of hustle, just as he did last night. Same with Rankin. For me those two guys are the most pleasant surprises.
Thing is though, the announcers said Andersson plays in the OHL. He must know Nurse.
If that was a demonstration of his fighting ability then wtf was he thinking?
Pro tip. If you can't fight at all, don't drop the gloves with Nurse. I would have liked to have seen Nurse step back a bit there. Those last few shots were unnecessary imo.

The thing is Nurse thrives on the other team hating him. Taking a few extra unnecessary shots? He'll do that any time.

At the end of the day, Andersson had a chance to walk away and dropped the gloves. He got fed. Let this be a lesson for him.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
What a horrendous call.
It wasn't great, but did you see Draisaitl get flattened from behind just seconds earlier. Pretty illegal hit imo.
I was impressed that Draisaitl was able to bounce up so quickly and get back in the play for his breakaway chance. Even after he scored on the PS you could see him on the bench and he didn't look happy. Pretty sure that check from behind hurt a lot.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Christoffer looks like a player who works hard every single shift. I like the kid's hustle.

Agreed. Determination is a skill that can't be taught, but is very influential in a players ability to succeed. I wish all the Oilers had similar drives *cough* Nikitin, Eberle (sometimes) *cough*

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Hm well contrary to some, I thought Bennett had a few shifts where he was dominant, even though he didn't end up on the score sheet. Nothing wrong with giving your opponent credit where it's due.

That said, what a fun game to watch and to win. Very pumped about that comeback. Nurse is a man out there. Hell of a game by Papirny. Another strong game by Christoffer, loved his drive. Platzer continues to impress me too.

I thought Slepyshev seemed off, from what I was expecting out of him.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I know some people were on Slepyshev but we have to remember he's adjusting to a smaller ice surface and North America.

It's going to take time for him to get comfortable. The flashes of skill I've seen, I've liked.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Hm well contrary to some, I thought Bennett had a few shifts where he was dominant, even though he didn't end up on the score sheet. Nothing wrong with giving your opponent credit where it's due.

That said, what a fun game to watch and to win. Very pumped about that comeback. Nurse is a man out there. Hell of a game by Papirny. Another strong game by Christoffer, loved his drive. Platzer continues to impress me too.

I thought Slepyshev seemed off, from what I was expecting out of him.

Came again to say the bolded. When the team picked up in the second he really held his own and made some huge key saves.

In regards to Slepyshev I was very excited to see him but I think I underestimated the adjustment to NA ice and the game.. also can't remember where it was said, but I remember someone mentioning that he doesn't speak a lick of English which I wasn't aware of so that might be a huge factor. Still stoked about him but am being patient.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Not trying to be "inflammatory" to any "Southern opposing team's" fans, but did this "superstar" Bennett even play tonight? Did I miss something?

Didn't see him much after the 1st. And the first was nothin to write home to Mama 'bout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00