GDT: YST G2 | Oilers vs. Flames | 8:30PM MST | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
For me, this game was fun if only because it was a head to head battle between Bennett and Draisaitl, and it was a microcosm of their collective stereotypes.

Bennett? Was zooming around a million miles an hour and was fun to watch for the most part, but at the end of the day he didn't really accomplish that much. Seemed to me that he doesn't use his linemates as well as he could, at least not yet.

Draisaitl? Was lumbering around like an Earth Elemental, and had some plays that didn't work for him, but was the key contributor in the tying and winning goals, making outstanding skill plays on both.

Draisaitl wins this round. There will be many more rounds to come.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Jesus, Nurse lost his **** there. Pretty scary when he gets fired up.

Calgary player forced him into it. He was trying to hold back. That was a great fight just icing on the cake! Sweet win, a couple of flamers were getting pretty yappy behind us when it was 3-1. That game was sweeeeeeeet!

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
For me, this game was fun if only because it was a head to head battle between Bennett and Draisaitl, and it was a microcosm of their collective stereotypes.

Bennett? Was zooming around a million miles an hour and was fun to watch for the most part, but at the end of the day he didn't really accomplish that much. Seemed to me that he doesn't use his linemates as well as he could, at least not yet.

Draisaitl? Was lumbering around like an Earth Elemental, and had some plays that didn't work for him, but was the key contributor in the tying and winning goals, making outstanding skill plays on both.

Haha, awesome.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Nurse looks great. LD looks good but he lumbers and the size advantage goes away a little in the NHL. I see a 3rd line center or winger.

Nurse - he's got Pronger type presence. He makes the Team any day of the week. His speed is great, reach and size are very good. But it's his passion I really like !!!!!

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003

Zooming around? I thought he was unnoticeable?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Nurse looks great. LD looks good but he lumbers and the size advantage goes away a little in the NHL. I see a 3rd line center or winger.

Nurse - he's got Pronger type presence. He makes the Team any day of the week. His speed is great, reach and size are very good. But it's his passion I really like !!!!!

I really don't see how Nurse won't make the oilers ahead of the likes of Ference and Nikitin.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Man, I know it is just the rookie tourny and all, but I am so stoked to see what Nurse can do. He looks like an absolute beast in every game I watch him in. He's cleared the rust pretty well in these couple games. Hopefully he can have an outstanding camp and make the team.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

What? Is this a DnD 101 thread now?

Where is my +5 Mace of Might. And my Vorpal blade for that matter.

:popcorn:

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Christoffer and Papirny need some ELC love. A lot of the invites are pretty meh-tastic though.

Winquist and Rankin trending upward, maybe shaking off nerves.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
One small criticism of Nurse - he got noticeably rattled under strong forechecks, especially on the powerplay. Not a huge deal, just figuring out you have less time to make decisions at this level.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Draisaitl really does have a sick backhand pass. It's just so crisp. Makes me think he could set up on what would traditionally be the wrong side half boards on the second unit PP in the future.

Nurse certainly is a physical presence on the ice and seems to be able to play boat loads of minutes. He does still seem a bit too scramble-y at times. Not sure he's ready for prime time.

If he settles down his game a bit (at both ends) he really does seem to have all the tools to be a force out there.

And what the hell was that Andersson kid thinking? Sure it showed some guts... but he's lucky he didn't get hurt though. Nurse almost took his head off.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Nurse certainly is a physical presence on the ice and seems to be able to play boat loads of minutes. He does still seem a bit too scramble-y at times. Not sure he's ready for prime time.

If he settles down his game a bit (at both ends) he really does seem to have all the tools to be a force out there.

The AHL would definitely be good for him. Tough to keep him out of the line up, but he can iron out the kinks down there, and come up all beast mode. Even 40 games down there, would be enough I think.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
One small criticism of Nurse - he got noticeably rattled under strong forechecks, especially on the powerplay. Not a huge deal, just figuring out you have less time to make decisions at this level.

He got rattled or he was the last one left holding the bag when the others got rattled? There is a difference and I think it was 98% the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille