Value of: Your Sniper Winger to NYI

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No thanks on Hoffman.

I agree. After the Karlsson/Hoffman alleged cyber bullying incident is resolved. Where Hoffman's fiance is in the middle of it. I don't want him in the dressing room. The Isles have too good a room right now. All it takes is one person to ruin that bond. Too risky for me and knowing Lou's high regard for character in an organization probably too risky for him too.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I agree. After the Karlsson/Hoffman alleged cyber bullying incident is resolved. Where Hoffman's fiance is in the middle of it. I don't want him in the dressing room. The Isles have too good a room right now. All it takes is one person to ruin that bond. Too risky for me and knowing Lou's high regard for character in an organization probably too risky for him too.

character like having an affair with your sister in law? I am sure some of the devil's significant others took issue with the Brodeur's new +1.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well, the just signed him to a 4 year contract at 5+M per. Seemed like a bargain after his 33 goal, 60+ pt. year last year, but he has been uneven this year(our whole team, Parise aside, has been uneven), and it looks like he'll be scoring only about 20. Could be that the Wild are looking to do a mini rebuild over the next year or two, with Koivu out, Staal a UFA, Nino traded (and Rask playing like crap), and Dubnyk looking average.

Seems to me that an offer of a 1st and a decent prospect( I have an aversion to Bellows, but something like that) might tempt the Wild? Don't really know. I do know that this is the worst MN team I've seen in years, even though they have, on paper, some pretty good parts. Lotta frustration here.
Russo's mentioned a few times that sources have told him Granlund is also "gettable.". I'm not sure how many teams would be interested in going after him as a deadline acquisition this year, but the Islanders stand out as a possibility to me (along with Columbus).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Russo's mentioned a few times that sources have told him Granlund is also "gettable.". I'm not sure how many teams would be interested in going after him as a deadline acquisition this year, but the Islanders stand out as a possibility to me (along with Columbus).
I would find it bizarre if the Wild traded Granlund. He is also very Barzal like, maybe a hybrid of Barzal and Bailey...think NYI could use something else.
Granlund would have to be FAR more expensive than Zucker. Can't even imagine what NYI would offer in return. If some offers Leddy then I'm putting them on ignore!

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I would find it bizarre if the Wild traded Granlund. He is also very Barzal like, maybe a hybrid of Barzal and Bailey...think NYI could use something else.
Granlund would have to be FAR more expensive than Zucker. Can't even imagine what NYI would offer in return. If some offers Leddy then I'm putting them on ignore!
I'm stumped on a return as well, pretty much regardless of team. I can see the logic in listening to offers for both him and Zucker, though.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
character like having an affair with your sister in law? I am sure some of the devil's significant others took issue with the Brodeur's new +1.

Not sure I understand the comparison to the Karlsson/Hoffman rift where Ottawa's dressing room imploded. Affairs do happen, Shanahan had an affair with Janney's wife, and married her which may have unraveled the St Louis Blues 23 years ago.

Reactions: IODCPiper

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not sure I understand the comparison to the Karlsson/Hoffman rift where Ottawa's dressing room imploded. Affairs do happen, Shanahan had an affair with Janney's wife, and married her which may have unraveled the St Louis Blues 23 years ago.

The point was made Lou Lamoriello would not be interested in Hoffman because of off ice issue. I posted an off ice issue that he could have cared less about. Completely different tier of player but I do not think the Hoffman Fiance Bullying Scandal would be the reason why the islanders would not be interested.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The point was made Lou Lamoriello would not be interested in Hoffman because of off ice issue. I posted an off ice issue that he could have cared less about. Completely different tier of player but I do not think the Hoffman Fiance Bullying Scandal would be the reason why the islanders would not be interested.

Well like I said, the 2 things are completely different. You may disagree, but look into the Hoffman/Karlsson alleged cyber bullying incident. If true, it has levels of disgust, and bizarre overtones that isn't comparable to what you are equating it to.

Reactions: IODCPiper

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Well like I said, the 2 things are completely different. You may disagree, but look into the Hoffman/Karlsson alleged cyber bullying incident. If true, it has levels of disgust, and bizarre overtones that isn't comparable to what you are trying to equate it to.

difference is one is alleged and one isn't.

I agree if it is true (which it likely is) it is very sick. Either way point is off ice incidence does not determine on ice character.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
difference is one is alleged and one isn't.

I agree if it is true (which it likely is) it is very sick. Either way point is off ice incidence does not determine on ice character.

Just having a distraction like this on this Isles dressing room, which Lou has went to great effort in strengthening in the off season, IMO is too risky. We already saw it tear apart the Sens dressing room. I would be very leary if I were an Isles fan having Hoffman on the team while this is still being resolved.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Didn't realize one of the islanders was married to Melinda Karlsson

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I respect you making it appealing to the opposite team. It's not a crazy trade, but I think it is a bit too much. Ottawa takes that in a heartbeat. I'd even add a Pajaarvi/Harpur to as a depth guy to help the playoff run.

I think CGY 2nd+Ho-Sang is pretty good value. I'd do it if we kept Stone, but if we don't, I'm not really interested in Ho-Sang. He seems like the guy who is gonna need a strong leadership group to succeed.

Thanks for your honesty. If you think a 2nd and JHS would do it for Dzingel, sign me up. What’s your gauge on Stone or Duchene’s cost.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks for your honesty. If you think a 2nd and JHS would do it for Dzingel, sign me up. What’s your gauge on Stone or Duchene’s cost.

I honestly think a lot just because Ottawa is virtually in control of the market. If I'm Dorion, I deal Stone to Winnipeg and that would force Nashville to make a run for Duchene/Panarin, and we already know there's a zero percent chance of Panarin staying in Nashville so I think they try to go for Duchene first.

In terms of the isles, I don't really see it happening without Dobson/Wahlstrom/Wilde, which you should only deal 1 in Stone/Dutchy are extending in Long Island.

No idea what a rental package would look like, but if there's an extension, I'd settle for nothing less than Noah Dobson as the main piece. No matter what. And I know Isles fans are super hesitant to give him up (I would be too, he was my favourite prospect from that 2018 draft). But I think Duchene would be a huge add if you could lock him up. Barzal-Duchene can run against the best of centre duos in the NHL.

But back to the original question, I'll guess they each go for an A- prospect and a 1st, with a few conditional picks if they extend there.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I would find it bizarre if the Wild traded Granlund. He is also very Barzal like,

maybe a hybrid of Barzal and Bailey...

Soooo heeeee has the puck on his stick most of the time , controls the entry into the attack zone , has eyes in every direction to hit the open man , is not afraid to throw his body at someone in retaliation of a hit on himself or a teammate, yet at the same time can be invisible to the point where we wonder if he was a healthy scratch for 55 minutes in some games . I said some games . Well really like the last 25 but whose counting

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I honestly think a lot just because Ottawa is virtually in control of the market. If I'm Dorion, I deal Stone to Winnipeg and that would force Nashville to make a run for Duchene/Panarin, and we already know there's a zero percent chance of Panarin staying in Nashville so I think they try to go for Duchene first.

In terms of the isles, I don't really see it happening without Dobson/Wahlstrom/Wilde, which you should only deal 1 in Stone/Dutchy are extending in Long Island.

No idea what a rental package would look like, but if there's an extension, I'd settle for nothing less than Noah Dobson as the main piece. No matter what. And I know Isles fans are super hesitant to give him up (I would be too, he was my favourite prospect from that 2018 draft). But I think Duchene would be a huge add if you could lock him up. Barzal-Duchene can run against the best of centre duos in the NHL.

But back to the original question, I'll guess they each go for an A- prospect and a 1st, with a few conditional picks if they extend there.

I understand the desire to shoot for the moon and ask for Dobson based package, but when did a rental return the organization's most coveted prospect?

Duchene or Stone have no known ties to LI or the Isles, why on Earth would they sign with them with UFA so close? They are both rentals and thus won't be returning a top grade prospect in any package.

Reactions: MattMartin

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I hear wily veteran, 4x Stanley Cup Champion, Olympic Gold medalist Chris Kunitz would be available from Chicago for the right price.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Leap, but look at who we are giving up JHS is no Whalstrom, MVS is no Dobson or Wilde, and we spare a 1st.

JHS has potential (still) to be a 2nd liner, but it’s not happening here. He’s worn his welcome out TWICE. MVS can be replaced w Aho, Wotherspoon, or soon, Ben Miregas. That’s not accounting for Dobson, Wilde, or other D men to fit that 2ndary prospect tier. MVS has a good chance to be a quasi 2nd pairing, but Wotherspoon is the better prospect (let’s hope Dorion isn’t reading this, I kid, I kid).

Yeah, my problem was adding MVS. I think JHS and a pick should be more than enough for a rental of Dzingel's stature.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I hear wily veteran, 4x Stanley Cup Champion, Olympic Gold medalist Chris Kunitz would be available from Chicago for the right price.

price.jpg

Reactions: Trade

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
The Islanders are the dream team in terms of landing a trade deadline player. I'm not sure most (if any) playoff contention teams have the likes of Wilde, Dobson, or Wahlstrom in their system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad