Value of: Your Sniper Winger to NYI

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Ho Sang and Calgary's 2nd for Toffoli
Dal Colle and a 3rd for Kovalchuk w/ Kings retaining 30%

OR

Dal Colle, Ladd, a 3rd for Kovalchuk with no salary retained.

OR

a package deal that includes both Toffoli and Kovy

MDC, Ho Sang, Ladd and your choice of picks (2&3, or 1st) for Kovalchuk (No retention) and Toffoli

EDIT: 2 & 3 picks would have to be split over two different drafts. Isles do not have a 3 this year.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I honestly think a lot just because Ottawa is virtually in control of the market. If I'm Dorion, I deal Stone to Winnipeg and that would force Nashville to make a run for Duchene/Panarin, and we already know there's a zero percent chance of Panarin staying in Nashville so I think they try to go for Duchene first.

In terms of the isles, I don't really see it happening without Dobson/Wahlstrom/Wilde, which you should only deal 1 in Stone/Dutchy are extending in Long Island.

No idea what a rental package would look like, but if there's an extension, I'd settle for nothing less than Noah Dobson as the main piece. No matter what. And I know Isles fans are super hesitant to give him up (I would be too, he was my favourite prospect from that 2018 draft). But I think Duchene would be a huge add if you could lock him up. Barzal-Duchene can run against the best of centre duos in the NHL.

But back to the original question, I'll guess they each go for an A- prospect and a 1st, with a few conditional picks if they extend there.

For me, the only bluechipper I’d be willing to part w is Whalstrom for a tier 1 forward and ONLY w the condition of signing.

Should be an interesting week.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Nyquist for Bellows and 2019 1st.
So McKenzie who is about as in touch as any hockey pundit, says Nyquist rental value is a 2nd, but you expect to see Detroit land a 20 yr old recent 1st rounder + a 2019 1st?

NYI pass.
Good luck with that

Reactions: Thrasymachus

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I really don't know how good Bellows has been. His stats aren't super. A player with Nyquists production typically gets a 1st + type deal.

Just an idea. Not trying to force anything.

Isles need a scoring sniper in the worst way going forward .

So,no interest in moving Bellows who had a strong 2018-2019 training camp,putting up pts, before being demoted and told to work on his play away from the puck.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
So McKenzie who is about as in touch as any hockey pundit, says Nyquist rental value is a 2nd, but you expect to see Detroit land a 20 yr old recent 1st rounder + a 2019 1st?

NYI pass.
Good luck with that
Bob has been a little unhinged for a while now. All that work he's been doing as Leaf PR is really frying his mind.

I think we can probably work Nyquists value ourselves.

I'm more going off previous trades. Do you have an example of a player on pace for 66 points that only got a 2nd rounder?

Once again if you don't like Nyquist that's fine. I'm not here to build him to something he's not and I'm not here to make any Islanders prospects or players look worse than they are. We aren't real GMs, we won't be the ones actually making trades. But I do have an interest in determining his value.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Bob has been a little unhinged for a while now. All that work he's been doing as Leaf PR is really frying his mind.

I think we can probably work Nyquists value ourselves.

I'm more going off previous trades. Do you have an example of a player on pace for 66 points that only got a 2nd rounder?

Once again if you don't like Nyquist that's fine. I'm not here to build him to something he's not and I'm not here to make any Islanders prospects or players look worse than they are. We aren't real GMs, we won't be the ones actually making trades. But I do have an interest in determining his value.

How often do we see such a crowded trade market at the TDL?

Mckenzie with nhl sources vs message board GMs,with no actual sources .
I am gonna go with McKenzie.

You sit back and wait on a move such as a 20 yr old recent 1st rounder + 2019 1st for a 2nd tier rental.

And do not take offense at my discription of Nyquist . His value is not on the level of Panarin/Stone

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Isles need a scoring sniper in the worst way going forward .

So,no interest in moving Bellows who had a strong 2018-2019 training camp,putting up pts, before being demoted and told to work on his play away from the puck.
Ok. Didn't see him on the long list of prospects that are off the table.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
How often do we see such a crowded trade market at the TDL?

Mckenzie with nhl sources vs message board GMs,with no actual sources .
I am gonna go with McKenzie.

You sit back and wait on a move such as a 20 yr old recent 1st rounder + 2019 1st for a 2nd tier rental.

And do not take offense at my discription of Nyquist . His value is not on the level of Panarin/Stone
Never said his value was at Panarin or Stone. But you aren't getting them for a 1st and Bellows either.

I asked you to show me a trade where a 66 point player went for a 2nd and obviously hat's an impossible task. Now you want players for pennies on the dollar because you believe, like most buying fans wish every year, that it's a buyers market. But the fact remains you could have went back any number of years to find a 66 point player for a 2nd and you can't find one really shows that this would have to be the best buying market in the history of the NHL. If that's your entire value model I think you're a little off.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ok. Didn't see him on the long list of prospects that are off the table.

Let's nor confuse armchair GMs wishlist with what the head coach has said and what discussions the GM is actually in(Kovy).

Yr one under Trotz and Lou, has been described as a season to evaluate the organizations players and the retool in it's infancy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad