Value of: Your Sniper Winger to NYI

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
The Islanders are the team who has the assets that teams desire for a massive over payment at the deadline. I doubt we see any Islander trades not including Dobson, Wahlstrom, or Wilde. With that being said, not going to happen for a rental.
I'm confused,take out the not?In this hard cap reality,more is being wagered on cost control potential,rather than past experience(underachievment)You'll notice how fans on comment sites like this , voice their displeasure with certain players,all of a sudden,said player or team starts doing better,it's a shame guys like Benn and Seguin have to be called out(as an example)

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I'm confused,take out the not?In this hard cap reality,more is being wagered on cost control potential,rather than past experience(underachievment)You'll notice how fans on comment sites like this , voice their displeasure with certain players,all of a sudden,said player or team starts doing better,it's a shame guys like Benn and Seguin have to be called out(as an example)

I'm going to reword that.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Buying teams fans say the same thing every year. Had the same conversation actually the year Ladd went for a 1st and a prospect. Same thing "only a 2nd". I went by historic trades and that seems to be the best indicators.

You can always hope. But as a Jet fan I'm not expecting any discounts this year. Stastny went for a 1st and a prospect and I'm not thinking Duschene is going to go for the same this year because Mackenzie is trying to pump his clicks. There are still plenty of buyers out there.
This is not about hope, THIS is about logic.
Take Simmonds from Philly...any other year and I would expect the Flyers to get a 1st for him. But this year, I can think of 10 forwards that have a higher or equal value. Now take into account D and G, and you got a flooded market.

You have been pushing the logic part, so I'll throw this at you....tell me what year is even remotely close to being as bountiful as this years?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
This is not about hope, THIS is about logic.
Take Simmonds from Philly...any other year and I would expect the Flyers to get a 1st for him. But this year, I can think of 10 forwards that have a higher or equal value. Now take into account D and G, and you got a flooded market.

You have been pushing the logic part, so I'll throw this at you....tell me what year is even remotely close to being as bountiful as this years?
So now we are talking about Simmonds ? Ok, now we are talking about a 38 point player (that’s a big step down from Nyquist in points alone). Pretty strange to bring Simmonds up when you are pushing my logic in discussing a 66 point player but let’s go with it.

I disagree he’s an automatic 1st every other year. But who in previous years are you comparing him to?

Maybe Rick Nash but who was still playing a fairly good all around game. Simmonds has also become a well know liability 5 on 5 sitting 15th on the team with at least 15 games played @ 47.35% and gets worse in corsi close, 16th on the team @ 46.68%. He’s become a Poor 3rd liner with some PP upside.

I don’t know if it’s fair to say they are equal players. Simmonds sure isn’t equal to Nyquist.

We will see how supply and demand holds out. Everyone includes the BJs on that list of sellers to begin with. There’s too much value to make the playoffs and try and do well. They definitely won’t be short changing themselves on a trade. There’s A lot of variables out there. I don’t think the high end players go for less. So sure I can see a possible middle class squeeze. But I don’t think teams are looking give just give players away either.

Late edit: How was last year’s supply and demand?

Last edited:

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
In the immortal words of Mr. Spock, "Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers that smell bad!"

Also, Simmonds does not fit NYI's need. Simmonds and Lee are similar players. NYI need a gamebreaker. Similarly, any difference between Nyquist and Eberle is marginal. These are all similar players, and having multiples of the same flavor barely makes a difference.

If NYI make a move it will be for someone with speed who can help anywhere in the lineup (Dzingel) or for a gamebreaker (Panarin).

Last edited:

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
So now we are talking about Simmonds ? Ok, now we are talking about a 38 point player (that’s a big step down from Nyquist in points alone). Pretty strange to bring Simmonds up when you are pushing my logic in discussing a 66 point player but let’s go with it.

I disagree he’s an automatic 1st every other year. But who in previous years are you comparing him to?

Maybe Rick Nash but who was still playing a fairly good all around game. Simmonds has also become a well know liability 5 on 5 sitting 15th on the team with at least 15 games played @ 47.35% and gets worse in corsi close, 16th on the team @ 46.68%. He’s become a Poor 3rd liner with some PP upside.

I don’t know if it’s fair to say they are equal players. Simmonds sure isn’t equal to Nyquist.

We will see how supply and demand holds out. Everyone includes the BJs on that list of sellers to begin with. There’s too much value to make the playoffs and try and do well. They definitely won’t be short changing themselves on a trade. There’s A lot of variables out there. I don’t think the high end players go for less. So sure I can see a possible middle class squeeze. But I don’t think teams are looking give just give players away either.

Late edit: How was last year’s supply and demand?
Simmonds is a power forward who gets the job done in the playoffs, Nyquist isn't.

Last years crop is nowhere near as plentiful as this years, I don't know why that is hard to understand.

I tried having a logical conversation with you, now you are just boring me...

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Simmonds is a power forward who gets the job done in the playoffs, Nyquist isn't.

Last years crop is nowhere near as plentiful as this years, I don't know why that is hard to understand.

I tried having a logical conversation with you, now you are just boring me...
Are my stats, facts and trade history boring you? I’m soooooo sorry. Glad to hear all about your feelings And emotions.. Can’t refute what I have to say? Poor little guy can’t handle a conversation because it goes against his basesless preconceived notions.

But you do appear to agree with some of what I said. Knowingly or not. I compared 2 fairly similar forwards although I do feel Nash was a better player last year than Simmonds is this year. You say that the cost on rentals was high last year and that’s the reason Nash got a 1st.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Are my stats, facts and trade history boring you? I’m soooooo sorry. Glad to hear all about your feelings And emotions.. Can’t refute what I have to say? Poor little guy can’t handle a conversation because it goes against his basesless preconceived notions.

But you do appear to agree with some of what I said. Knowingly or not. I compared 2 fairly similar forwards although I do feel Nash was a better player last year than Simmonds is this year. You say that the cost on rentals was high last year and that’s the reason Nash got a 1st.
Nyquist didn't get a 1st...let's see you use your logic and admit you were wrong...

Reactions: PWJunior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad