Who's blowing a 3-1 series lead?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
a3e242bfc24ac893dd9be89847507e69.jpg

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The leafs are the biggest chokers in the last 11 years.

They have now lost 6 games, seven's consecutively

Four to the Bruins and one each to the Habs and Tampa.

• Haha
Reactions: North Cole

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Woll’s injury saved the Bruins from history.
I think the fact they didn’t start the series with Woll probably saved the Bruins. Samsonov stunk before they brought Woll in for game 5 and let in an absolute muffin to deflate all momentum a minute after the Leafs took the 1-0 lead last night.

The Bruins may have not even been up 3-1 in the series if Woll was starting the entirety of it.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Especially when combined with matthews uninjury. 95% /s.

In all seriousness I do think the leafs have a similar issue as EDM a few years ago. They seem to get a lot harder on pucks when matthews is out. Oilers used to play like a different team when mcdavid was out, idk if it's the psychology of being able to wait for the MVP superstars to score and take over the game. But everyone seems more motivated when they don't have the nuclear weapon available anymore. Not that it's the fault of the nuclear weapon, that probably comes down to coaching.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Yes, but this is the one goal.

Shot it right at his hand, it hit his hand and went in. It’s a routine save but a Samsonov special.

Lindholm flings it at his hand and to his surprise it goes in.

Not a great goal.

But he also made key saves in period one.

Leafs haven't scored more than three in 13/14 postseason games.

That is a huge issue

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But people will say this wasn’t a bad goal

They shot it right at his hand and it hit him and went in.

I thought it was abysmal. It was a horrible goal.

I was shredding Samsonov for 45 minutes after that or however long in real time that it was between the time that goal was scored and the OT winner. And I said the Leafs better try and get the OT winner quick. Like before Samsonov even has to face a shot. It only took 3 shots and not even 2 minutes to beat him.

I even went to the Leafs board (I don’t normally read other teams boards) and liked a bunch of posts where people were shredding him.

And I still kept going on and on about it until I fell asleep.

I also said a month ago the Leafs are gonna curse the day Samsonov passed through waivers and wasn’t claimed.

Keefe deserves the firing that’s coming for making the decision to start that series with him. He had a horrible season, he got waived, he was playing as bad as he has any point in the weeks leading up to the playoffs and they started with him. Not to mention that Samsonov has been a historically poor goalie in the NHL with the exception of last season, which looks more like an up year than anything.

I have no idea why they didn’t start this series Woll. It’s not like he’s some kid. He’s not even 1.5 years younger than Samsonov.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The Bruins have better depth. They were missing Poitras, Heinen, Peeke, and ex-leaf Brazeau for 5 games, who was better than the Leafs core four yesterday. Instead, the Leafs are making history for game 7 losses, tying the record with 15. The biggest recent playoff chokers since 2013, with 6 in that time frame.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The Bruins have better depth. They were missing Poitras, Heinen, Peeke, and ex-leaf Brazeau, who was better than the Leafs core four yesterday. Instead, the Leafs are making history for game 7 losses, tying the record with 15. The biggest recent playoff chokers since 2013, with 6 in that time frame.

And the Leafs were missing Nylander, Matthews, McMann and finally Woll?

The Bruins got 2 games without Matthews. 3 games without Nylander. 5 games without Woll and won the series in 7.

Matthews wasn’t magically 100% in Game 7. He played on the third line.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Lindholm the guy who scored 3 goals?

Samsonov wasn’t screened. He had a clear view of the puck.
Ya lindholm is a stud. Why cant matthews make a perfect shot like this last night? Why did mccabe have to give the puck away? Why cant they block a shot? Bruin's 55 was also right there if there was a save or Lindholm made a pass instead of shoot short side.

Samsonov is basically getting the fredrick andersen treatment.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Ya lindholm is a stud. Why cant matthews make a perfect shot like this last night? Why did mccabe have to give the puck away? Why cant they block a shot?

Samsonov is basically getting the fredrick andersen treatment.

Matthews didn’t get to shoot at Samsonov. The goalie Matthews scored on they were too scared to put back in the net, and he was 10x better than Samsonov.

Let’s compare the goalies:

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Matthews didn’t get to shoot at Samsonov. The goalie Matthews scored on they were too scared to put back in the net, and he was 10x better than Samsonov.

Let’s compare the goalies:

Samsonov doesnt get to play against the useless leafs core thats scores 2 or less in 13/14 playoff games. And he doesnt get paid over 10M to do it. Woll is just a fluke, his regular season record is 12-11-1. Thats even worse than samsonov since the goalies own the team's record. Not exactly promising, wouldnt even make the playoffs.

Reactions: stampedingviking

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Samsonov doesnt get to play against the useless leafs core thats scores 2 or less in 13/14 playoff games. And he doesnt get paid over 10M to do it. Woll is just a fluke, his regular season record is 12-11-1. Not exactly promising.

Cool story. He will next year if he’s still in the NHL.

Only you can look at those stats and say the goalies played the same lol

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
11 million dollar man scores 1 goal and 2 assists through 7 games.

69 goal scorer making 13.5 m has 1 goal in 5 playoff games

That's not the problem though

The blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the 1b goalie who was supposed to platoon with Matt Murray who didn't post a shutout in game 7.

Or maybe we need to blame mr glass Joseph woll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad