Value of: Your Sniper Winger to NYI

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I posted a link to a McKenzie Feb, 13th interview, in which McKenzie with sources, says Nyquist trade value is a 2nd .
Don't like that report? Complain to McKenzie.

And again ,which nyi fan post said these would be the cheapest TDL prices ever ?
You did when you said a 66 point player is worth a 2nd then couldn't back it up with examples. Logic is hard. But good luck with lowballing every team on a message board.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Andrew Ladd our sniper. Kill me now.
giphy.gif

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
That whole Lou values nhlers over prospects & picks spin would carry more weight if the press had not already reported on the failed EK to LI trade, the failed Grubrauer to LI trade and the failed MaxPac to LI trade.All involving top prospects or high draft picks.

Lou has said trades have to make sense for the long-term, 8-10 years down the road .
Trotz has said the isles are in tneir infancy.

And you are wasting your time,trying to sell nyi fans on the idea that Dobson and Wahlstrom are not blue chippers.
As if Dobson and Pelech have the same upside and trade value.

I didnt say Dobson and Pelech are worth the same, I said that Dobson and Wahlstrom arent blue chip, cant miss prospects. Neither drafted top 10, neither having absolutely dominant years worth saying they should have went top 10. Theyre solid, first round draft picks that hold value but youre making it out like Dobson is a sure fire Pietrangelo that will be in the NHL next year. Hes a solid prospect but hes the type that teams ask for in a trade for a guy like Duchene+Dzingel

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You did when you said a 66 point player is worth a 2nd then couldn't back it up with examples. Logic is hard. But good luck with lowballing every team on a message board.

Ok. Slower this time,so maybe you get it.

1. I posted a link to a McKenzie Feb 13th interview, where he said Nyquist trade value was a 2nd.

2. I posted a link to a Sportsnet article which discussed a crowded trade market. What the writer described as a buyer's market and seller's fears of a flooded market.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I didnt say Dobson and Pelech are worth the same, I said that Dobson and Wahlstrom arent blue chip, cant miss prospects. Neither drafted top 10, neither having absolutely dominant years worth saying they should have went top 10. Theyre solid, first round draft picks that hold value but youre making it out like Dobson is a sure fire Pietrangelo that will be in the NHL next year. Hes a solid prospect but hes the type that teams ask for in a trade for a guy like Duchene+Dzingel

Dreger specifically mentioned Dobson or Walhstrom ,saying they are unlikely to be traded.
Based on comments from Lou,Arthur Staple and Andrew Gross, it is pretty clear that the isles view Dobson and Wahlstrom as bluechippers.

The argument from armchair GMs on message boards really do not carry any weight . The opinions of the isles ,their scouts and coaches do.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Ok. Slower this time,so maybe you get it.

1. I posted a link to a McKenzie Feb 13th interview, where he said Nyquist trade value was a 2nd.

2. I posted a link to a Sportsnet article which discussed a crowded trade market. What the writer described as a buyer's market and seller's fears of a flooded market.
So logic isn't your thing. Gotcha.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So logic isn't your thing. Gotcha.
Facing what respected hockey pundits are reporting, is not your thing is it?

Do not like what McKenzie reported? Scoff at it.
Do not like the Sportsnet article? Fake news:sarcasm:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Dreger specifically mentioned Dobson or Walhstrom ,saying they are unlikely to be traded.
Based on comments from Lou,Arthur Staple and Andrew Gross, it is pretty clear that the isles view Dobson and Wahlstrom as bluechippers.

The argument from armchair GMs on message boards really do not carry any weight . The opinions of the isles ,their scouts and coaches do.

Its fine if they dont want to trade them. but A) that doesnt make them elite, blue chip prospects that are for sure NHLers

and B) it means you wont be getting a Panarin/Duchene/Stone and definitely not Duchene and Dzingel

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Facing what respected hockey pundits are reporting, is not your thing is it?

Do not like what McKenzie reported? Scoff at it.
Do not like the Sportsnet article? Fake news:sarcasm:
So you are repeating that you don't follow logic. Glad We agree.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Its fine if they dont want to trade them. but A) that doesnt make them elite, blue chip prospects that are for sure NHLers

and B) it means you wont be getting a Panarin/Duchene/Stone and definitely not Duchene and Dzingel

Go read my posts. I have repeatedly said the isles are NOT trading for Stone/Panarin/Duchene, that Lou will ask for an extension like he did with EK last summer and again be turned down.

And I have no interest in moving top prospects for rentals ,so Duchene& Dzingel for 3 recently drafted first rounders holds no appeal

Reactions: Poster Unknown

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Go read my posts. I have repeatedly said the isles are NOT trading for Stone/Panarin/Duchene, that Lou will ask for an extension like he did with EK last summer and again be turned down.

And I have no interest in moving top prospects for rentals ,so Duchene& Dzingel for 3 recently drafted first rounders holds no appeal

Ok and the post I replied to in the first place was about trading for Duchene and Dzingel. I dont really care what your interests are, I'm talking about a fair trade for Dzingel and Duchene. You make that trade and Dobson is absolutely going the other way. Its fine if you dont want to make that trade but thats whats being discussed here.. keep up

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Ok and the post I replied to in the first place was about trading for Duchene and Dzingel. I dont really care what your interests are, I'm talking about a fair trade for Dzingel and Duchene. You make that trade and Dobson is absolutely going the other way. Its fine if you dont want to make that trade but thats whats being discussed here.. keep up

The isles show no interest in moving Dobson, according to both Lou's previous action and recent press reports. What part of that is too difficult to understand?

I realize Ottawa is up against the wall with Duchene after overpaying for him and being unable to sign him.

That is Ottawa's problem.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Jeff Skinner, but it's going to cost you, even as a rental. Second leading goal scorer in the league this season, he's a pure sniper in every sense of the term.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I am repeating that you ignore reports from credible and respected sources, when those reports are not want you hope to hear.
Mackenzie spew BS all the time. Are you buying his 20 man roster for the Leafs next year?

When he starts with "I feel...." he's just spewing junk to fill time. Most "insider" do it these days. They are over saturated and say all kinds of things.

Now people like you think that means you don't have to think any more because you have Mackenzie thinking for you. I ask you to think logically and now you refuse because #1 Mackenzie thinks for you #2 it reinforces your hope that your team to get a good player without having to give up anything of substance.

I ask you to think logically and try and find a trade to relate to your flawed thinking and you have nothing but "Mackenzie said"! Does it make sense that a player gets sold for a record low price? Doesn't matter Mackenzie said!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Mackenzie spew BS all the time. Are you buying his 20 man roster for the Leafs next year?

When he starts with "I feel...." he's just spewing junk to fill time. Most "insider" do it these days. They are over saturated and say all kinds of things.

Now people like you think that means you don't have to think any more because you have Mackenzie thinking for you. I ask you to think logically and now you refuse because #1 Mackenzie thinks for you #2 it reinforces your hope that your team to get a good player without having to give up anything of substance.

I ask you to think logically and try and find a trade to relate to your flawed thinking and you have nothing but "Mackenzie said"! Does it make sense that a player gets sold for a record low price? Doesn't matter Mackenzie said!

I have pointed out in this thread

1. Lou's comments that this is a yr for evaluating the organization's players and that trades have to make sense for the long-term, 8-10 yrs down the road.

2. Trotz's comments that the retool is in it's infancy and the isles 2 yrs away.

3. Lou's refusal to move top prospects for 1 yr of EK because of the lack of term on his deal.

4. Lou refusing to pass up adding Dobson & Walhstrom ,even though it meant backing out of the MaxPac trade.

5. Lou,Staple and Gross' comments that indicate the isles view Dobson & Walhstrom as bluechippers.

Bottom line is your team is a seller, facing a buyer's market .

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I have pointed out in this thread

1. Lou's comments that this is a yr for evaluating the organization's players and that trades have to make sense for the long-term, 8-10 yrs down the road.

2. Trotz's comments that the retool is in it's infancy and the isles 2 yrs away.

3. Lou's refusal to move top prospects for 1 yr of EK because of the lack of term on his deal.

4. Lou refusing to pass up adding Dobson & Walhstrom ,even though it meant backing out of the MaxPac trade.

5. Lou,Staple and Gross' comments that indicate the isles view Dobson & Walhstrom as bluechippers.

Bottom line is your team is a seller, facing a buyer's market .
None of that crap matters. It's not what we are discussing. We are discussing value. I said from the beginning I'm not forcing anyone to take Nyquist. Just discussing his value. I could care less what the Islanders coach, GM or the guy selling popcorn thinks they would be willing to give up. This is where you get hung up on "Mackenzie said". I ask you to think through the thought process and you refuse, "Mackenzie said". This isn't logical reasoning. You found someone who gives you hope on getting players on below market value and turn your brain off, "Mackenzie said". Can you find a list of players like Nyquist that went for what you have been told? "Mackenzie said".

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
None of that crap matters. It's not what we are discussing. We are discussing value. I said from the beginning I'm not forcing anyone to take Nyquist. Just discussing his value. I could care less what the Islanders coach, GM or the guy selling popcorn thinks they would be willing to give up. This is where you get hung up on "Mackenzie said". I ask you to think through the thought process and you refuse, "Mackenzie said". This isn't logical reasoning. You found someone who gives you hope on getting players on below market value and turn your brain off, "Mackenzie said". Can you find a list of players like Nyquist that went for what you have been told? "Mackenzie said".
I base my opinion on Lou's comments and actions, on Trotz comments and the comments from credible sources like McKenzie.
Yeah,I could base it on wishful thinking of message board fans...
Nah :popcorn:

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC LOGIC

Bro, we get it please settle down. You can keep saying the same word over and over again and it's not going to change any minds. If the Islanders GM does not want to part with what he perceives to be his most valuable prospects than he will be priced out of the top tier guys.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I base my opinion on Lou's comments and actions, on Trotz comments and the comments from credible sources like McKenzie.
Yeah,I could base it on wishful thinking of message board fans...
Nah :popcorn:
Pretty tough to advance this conversation when I ask you to think and all you have is "Mackenzie says!" Logic? Nope can't use that. Trade history? Nope can't use that. Get put into a corner logically and you have nothing but "Mackenzie says!".

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00