Value of: Your Sniper Winger to NYI

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Bro, we get it please settle down. You can keep saying the same word over and over again and it's not going to change any minds. If the Islanders GM does not want to part with what he perceives to be his most valuable prospects than he will be priced out of the top tier guys.

Your problem is I want the other poster to use logic? Lol

Learn to read. Or don't interrupt the middle of a conversation just because you think he needs to hide behind your skirt.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
How many teams get what they want at the deadline? In recent years, the only really big deals have gone down in the days just prior to the deadline and the actual day itself is a bit of a let down.

Remember when Snow wanted 1st + top prospect (or similar) for Vanek? That's what all GMs are asking for and they won't get it. As deadline day tickles towards the end, prices will most likely be coming down and not up. Vanek was traded because he had to get something back, as was Guerin and tons of others.

Nyquist can probably be had for a 2nd when there's 5 mins to go, as can likely a few other names as well. The really big names, Panarin, Duchene, Bobrovsky and Stone, are much more likely to be traded before deadline day itself. I don't think we'll get any of them but will likely settle for Eric Fehr for a 5th and Johansson for a 2020 2nd and keep all our top prospects in the process. Maybe they'll sacrifice Vande Sompel, Wotherspoon or Dal Colle butthat will be it.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Your problem is I want the other poster to use logic? Lol

Learn to read. Or don't interrupt the middle of a conversation just because you think he needs to hide behind your skirt.

I'm posting because you're pooping up the thread with nonsense arguments. You have made the same exact post multiple times. The only logical thing to do would be to suggest everybody put you on ignore.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Pretty tough to advance this conversation when I ask you to think and all you have is "Mackenzie says!" Logic? Nope can't use that. Trade history? Nope can't use that. Get put into a corner logically and you have nothing but "Mackenzie says!".

He's actually stating what Arthur Staple, Andrew Gross and Mackenzie are saying. But the three of them could tell you a piano was about to fall on your head and you would just stand there, which would be okay with all of us.

Reactions: Deadweight

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Pretty tough to advance this conversation when I ask you to think and all you have is "Mackenzie says!" Logic? Nope can't use that. Trade history? Nope can't use that. Get put into a corner logically and you have nothing but "Mackenzie says!".

Lou's comments and actions since joining the isles is nothing?

Trotz's comments 4-5 weeks ago is nothing?

The links I provided from McKenzie's interview and the Sportsnet article are nothing?

You really have an interesting way of burying your head in the sand, when facing a situation you don't like: a crowded market =buyers market

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I'm posting because you're pooping up the thread with nonsense arguments. You have made the same exact post multiple times. The only logical thing to do would be to suggest everybody put you on ignore.
No, I'm the one asking the logical question which should lead to discussion. He's the one coming back with the same post. Now you are making the clutter of complaining about logic and not talking about hockey. This is a hockey board please stay on subject.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
He's actually stating what Arthur Staple, Andrew Gross and Mackenzie are saying. But the three of them could tell you a piano was about to fall on your head and you would just stand there, which would be okay with all of us.
You think the reasonable answer is this year will have all time record low prices for rentals? Which even he denies which is what leads to the problem with his logic.

But if you want to step in and give me examples of all of these 66 point players who went for 2nd round picks be my guest. I'm just looking for logic rather than blind trust in entertainers who want their fan bases to be optimistic about buying rentals and creating more discussion and clicks.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Lou's comments and actions since joining the isles is nothing?

Trotz's comments 4-5 weeks ago is nothing?

The links I provided from McKenzie's interview and the Sportsnet article are nothing?

You really have an interesting way of burying your head in the sand, when facing a situation you don't like: a crowded market =buyers market
Just answer the question or tell me there is going to be a record low prices for rentals. You already said it won't be record low prices for rentals. Form a logical opinion or stop replyig with nonsense.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
You think the reasonable answer is this year will have all time record low prices for rentals? Which even he denies which is what leads to the problem with his logic.

But if you want to step in and give me examples of all of these 66 point players who went for 2nd round picks be my guest. I'm just looking for logic rather than blind trust in entertainers who want their fan bases to be optimistic about buying rentals and creating more discussion and clicks.

It would appear most of your 1800 posts are in this thread . I am not looking to discuss or create another click for you . Let go and enjoy the day. Andrew Ladd is coming back to be the sniper in a week or 2 .

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
It would appear most of your 1800 posts are in this thread . I am not looking to discuss or create another click for you . Let go and enjoy the day. Andrew Ladd is coming back to be the sniper in a week or 2 .
Equal to CREW. But at least my posts follow logic and I'm happy to answer any questions regarding my opinion. That's a lot different than what I'm getting back from a small group of Islander fans.

Ladd? Wow. Poor Islander fans if that's the case.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

That's our problem and has been for a couple years already and will be for a few more to come . We as fans who don't get to read his contract specifics didn't realize that the NMC was referring to his non movement on the ice . We are hopeful his return from a long stay on the DL will benefit the team . Have a great day

LGI

Reactions: TS Quint

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
That's our problem and has been for a couple years already and will be for a few more to come . We as fans who don't get to read his contract specifics didn't realize that the NMC was referring to his non movement on the ice . We are hopeful his return from a long stay on the DL will benefit the team . Have a great day

LGI
Seems like he never recovered from the hernia he had in Winnipeg the year he got traded. Some how Bowman paid a 1st and Dano as a rental and wasn't very good. Then got that contract from the Islanders.

Somehow Winnipeg dodged that bullet by not offering an extra year and .5 million per or something slim like that. The rumour was they were going to sign Ladd and let go of Buff. Jet fans are sure glad Ladd was trying to squeeze the last drops out of a final contract.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
The Islanders are the team who has the assets that teams desire for a massive over payment at the deadline. Almost any trade I have seen with the Islanders the other team wants one of wither Dobson, Wahlstrom, or Wilde. With that being said, not going to happen for a rental.

Last edited:

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Equal to CREW. But at least my posts follow logic and I'm happy to answer any questions regarding my opinion. That's a lot different than what I'm getting back from a small group of Islander fans.

Ladd isn't as bad as some fans make it seem. If you ignore the contract, which is a sunk cost for NYI at this point, he can contribute to a winning hockey club as a member of a bottom 6.

Reactions: TS Quint

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
No, I'm the one asking the logical question which should lead to discussion. He's the one coming back with the same post. Now you are making the clutter of complaining about logic and not talking about hockey. This is a hockey board please stay on subject.
If I may...

You are right, there are not many "60 point" players who got traded for less than a 1st.
But the x- factor that I don't think you are grasping is that this year, there are a shit load of players available, more than any year I can think of in my lifetime.
Off the top of my head, I can think of 10 players who will most likely get traded that should get a 1st, and that's just the ones who are UFA's.
The point being is that with all these players rumoured to be available, the market is diluted. I can assure you there won't be 15-20 1st round picks getting traded at the TDL.
So some teams are either going to have to accept lesser value, or not make a move...

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
If I may...

You are right, there are not many "60 point" players who got traded for less than a 1st.
But the x- factor that I don't think you are grasping is that this year, there are a **** load of players available, more than any year I can think of in my lifetime.
Off the top of my head, I can think of 10 players who will most likely get traded that should get a 1st, and that's just the ones who are UFA's.
The point being is that with all these players rumoured to be available, the market is diluted. I can assure you there won't be 15-20 1st round picks getting traded at the TDL.
So some teams are either going to have to accept lesser value, or not make a move...
Buying teams fans say the same thing every year. Had the same conversation actually the year Ladd went for a 1st and a prospect. Same thing "only a 2nd". I went by historic trades and that seems to be the best indicators.

You can always hope. But as a Jet fan I'm not expecting any discounts this year. Stastny went for a 1st and a prospect and I'm not thinking Duschene is going to go for the same this year because Mackenzie is trying to pump his clicks. There are still plenty of buyers out there.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

My comment had nothing to do with that boss. My comment is on how Dobson isn't available, which is what the OP stated was said by three different sources, two of which are known media guys covering the Isles.

I'm a lot less arrogant on here as most because I wouldn't pretend to know the prices of rentals in February because the NHL is volatile and there is no way to know what the prices will be. It's always a "wait and see" regardless of how many on here think they are all knowing.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
My comment had nothing to do with that boss. My comment is on how Dobson isn't available, which is what the OP stated was said by three different sources, two of which are known media guys covering the Isles.

I'm a lot less arrogant on here as most because I wouldn't pretend to know the prices of rentals in February because the NHL is volatile and there is no way to know what the prices will be. It's always a "wait and see" regardless of how many on here think they are all knowing.
Oh, ok. If there was confusion on what I was saying I wasnt saying anything about Dobson. I wouldn't trade him either. Hes got a high ceiling and the type of prospect the Isles cant afford to move given their needs in the future.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Deadweight

Apr 20, 2014
New York, NY
Lol I'm not calling him Lucic that's for sure.
Yes it may suck having him as our sniper. However, it is far better than dishing out one of our really good prospects at this moment. especially since this season could possible be an anomaly. Were still kinda an unknown

Our good prospects most of us are willing to part with are(if the return is decent enough): bellows, jhs, aho, mdc

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Seems like he never recovered from the hernia he had in Winnipeg the year he got traded. Some how Bowman paid a 1st and Dano as a rental and wasn't very good. Then got that contract from the Islanders.

Somehow Winnipeg dodged that bullet by not offering an extra year and .5 million per or something slim like that. The rumour was they were going to sign Ladd and let go of Buff. Jet fans are sure glad Ladd was trying to squeeze the last drops out of a final contract.

I think his pal Doug Weight really pushed to bring him to Long Island . All the medical reports were right in managements face with the stats on this injury and recovery . I almost think that for so much money Weight is getting a cut

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I think his pal Doug Weight really pushed to bring him to Long Island . All the medical reports were right in managements face with the stats on this injury and recovery . I almost think that for so much money Weight is getting a cut

Seems you have a short memory on how Islander fans lauded this signing and told me things like "Ladd will make you forget about Okposo very quickly". Isles lost Nielsen because Snow only cared about Stamkos, they didn't even offer a contract to Okposo. They had to sign Ladd...regardless of the cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad