Central, Ma
the original poster listed the blackhawks

Capture.png

Not when I saw it

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Kings is tough because while they have two cups they’ve been in the dumps a lot more than the bruins without much to show for it to boot

Kings are poised to be much better than the Bruins in the next 2-3 years with their recent moves and prospect pool.

I guess we've seen more regular season wins and more playoff series wins but they won more cups in that stretch and are already set to rebound in a big way.

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Before my vacation I saw some posters posting stupid comments that I sensed would turn some of our knowledgeable posters off otherwise I hope he's simply taking a break.
I'm here just reading for the most part. Nothing to add to the conversation really. At least nothing anyone wants to hear.

As for those comments. Sucks. But it is what it is. Not every conversation the team is in comes to fruition. Like Dvorak right now. So it's probably best to not say anything about it.

I did have every single signing they made July 28 just 22 hours before hand. @Gee Wally has the proof of that.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Kings are poised to be much better than the Bruins in the next 2-3 years with their recent moves and prospect pool.

I guess we've seen more regular season wins and more playoff series wins but they won more cups in that stretch and are already set to rebound in a big way.

If the Bruins missed the playoffs the last 3 seasons like the Kings have (30th, 30th and 27th in scoring), there would be no one here to discuss it. Owner clearly likes to lose.

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
I'm here just reading for the most part. Nothing to add to the conversation really. At least nothing anyone wants to hear.

As for those comments. Sucks. But it is what it is. Not every conversation the team is in comes to fruition. Like Dvorak right now. So it's probably best to not say anything about it.

I did have every single signing they made July 28 just 22 hours before hand. @Gee Wally has the proof of that.

Dom,

It is and always will be nice to have you post here. It it much appreciated by me and i'm sure many others as well. :)

You are a very nice guy !!!

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
What?

I like Craig Smith and always have. In fact, he would have been my fourth forward if to wasn't for Coyle's pesky disqualifying contract clauses.

But what exaggeration!

One of the best contracts in the NHL? He doesn't have one of the best contracts on the Boston Bruins! He's ideally a third line forward - Sweeney just signed two of those a week ago.

Lauzon is a borderline NHL defenceman? The same guy who effectively played on the top pair for significant time this season?

Ideally Mcdavid would be a great 3rd line forward too.

Smith is 30th in goals(23rd at ES), 38th in points for a RW over the last 3 years. 31st and 29th last season. Combine that offense with his 200ft game, hustle, and consistency and I don't see how Smith is not at the very least an above average 2nd line winger.

Having Pasta + Smith as your 1-2 punch making under 10m is a huge boon for the Bs. Smith is the 57th highest paid RW in the league and is significantly better than most guys in that range and closer to a 5m player in todays nhl. Now we'll see if they can improve the bottom 2 lines with their signing this year or internally but I have zero problem with Smith on the second line. If we can bump him down, awesome, but I think if the Bruins can get above average results from the #3 and 4 RWs then they will be all set there.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

We appreciate all your insight ! Any more word on a Luzon return or is that kind of dead on the vine....

Reactions: GordonHowe and 3B

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

Hi Dom, back at the draft I think you mentioned the Bruins were looking at Ekholm. Is that still something you think they are trying to do? I imagine after the 6m they spent on lower pairing LHD that’s no longer under consideration…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad