Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The way this Krejci thing is being handled, and honestly I include DK himself a little bit, is pretty bloody frustrating. All the power in the world to someone doing what's right for them. But make a decision. This waffling costs the entire team - how on earth do you consider a Dvorak not knowing whether DK will reemerge? Of course, there's the reality that we don't really KNOW the reality - maybe this is just pure spin by DS, but I honestly don't think so. It's a bit embarrassing talking about it with other hockey fans.
Krejci was saying back in 2014 he wanted to end his career in Czech and as of the 28th he was no longer under contract to the Bruins. Even if he was non-committal about his plans (unlikely), it's 110% on Sweeney for not being decisive. A GM can't let his whole process get hung up by a player who's not even under contract to the team. He moved decisively to replace Rask and should have done the same with Krejci, even if his intentions were unclear.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Krejci was saying back in 2014 he wanted to end his career in Czech and as of the 28th he was no longer under contract to the Bruins. Even if he was non-committal about his plans (unlikely), it's 110% on Sweeney for not being decisive. A GM can't let his whole process get hung up by a player who's not even under contract to the team. He moved decisively to replace Rask and should have done the same with Krejci, even if his intentions were unclear.

I don't disagree. I hold DS accountable, just frustrated.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

Beecher
Olson
Kuntar

Am I missing anyone? I didn’t count the guys going into college (Lohrei for example).

feel like Army dicked the Bruins around quite a bit on a number of trades. Good for him waiting for what he wants but at some point Sweeney has got to feel like a jaded lover, no?

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I think swayman just knocks out of the park and ullmark will be one expensive back up
In the first year, assuming both guys stay healthy, I'd be shocked if Swayman got more than 60% of starts. He'd have to be unreal or Ullmark would have to shit the bed for that to happen IMO. I suspect it's a 50/50-60/40 split in Ullmark's favor for at least the first year. Keep in mind Swayman has only 19 pro games under his belt. They will likely implement a workload share designed to let Swayman get acclimated to the grind of an NHL season without overloading him.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
What website does one look at to review the 424 5on5 minutes that Hall played with Dvorak?
Not really finding anything in the ol Google
Thx

Reactions: Oates2Neely

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Dvorak hmm, is he a true 2c? I don’t know much about him but I’m sure he’d love to get outta Arizona.

If not Dvorak who else is a possibility? Monahan? What about Domi? He’s a bit of a head case but could possibly get him for cheap after a down year and try to work him out. Plays with a lot of fire.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
What website does one look at to review the 424 5on5 minutes that Hall played with Dvorak?
Not really finding anything in the ol Google
Thx

Natural Stat Trick Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Long story short, pretty good. 54% xG together

upload_2021-8-7_11-37-49.png

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Dvorak hmm, is he a true 2c? I don’t know much about him but I’m sure he’d love to get outta Arizona.

If not Dvorak who else is a possibility? Monahan? What about Domi? He’s a bit of a head case but could possibly get him for cheap after a down year and try to work him out. Plays with a lot of fire.

One look at Domi’s contract and RFA situation should disavow you of that notion.

Reactions: bbfan419

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
In the first year, assuming both guys stay healthy, I'd be shocked if Swayman got more than 60% of starts. He'd have to be unreal or Ullmark would have to shit the bed for that to happen IMO. I suspect it's a 50/50-60/40 split in Ullmark's favor for at least the first year. Keep in mind Swayman has only 19 pro games under his belt. They will likely implement a workload share designed to let Swayman get acclimated to the grind of an NHL season without overloading him.

I think they will as you say closely monitor his workload and performance. While also watching that magic number 42 games played that will then erase his waiver exemption.

Serge

Mar 13, 2006
Massachusetts

The knock against Dvorak is he is a Lefty. Hall mentioned he benefited from Krejci being a righty. Thomas Hertl, another possibility, also shoots left.

C. Smith is a righty and listed as a center. Not sure just how effective he is in that position. Be he could be 'toggled' into a C in certain situations.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

Personally want nothing to do with Domi. He's not a game changer, just a big mouth.

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
The knock against Dvorak is he is a Lefty. Hall mentioned he benefited from Krejci being a righty. Thomas Hertl, another possibility, also shoots left.

C. Smith is a righty and listed as a center. Not sure just how effective he is in that position. Be he could be 'toggled' into a C in certain situations.

Where did you read or hear this plz?

Reactions: wintersej

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The way this Krejci thing is being handled, and honestly I include DK himself a little bit, is pretty bloody frustrating. All the power in the world to someone doing what's right for them. But make a decision. This waffling costs the entire team - how on earth do you consider a Dvorak not knowing whether DK will reemerge? Of course, there's the reality that we don't really KNOW the reality - maybe this is just pure spin by DS, but I honestly don't think so. It's a bit embarrassing talking about it with other hockey fans.

What has Krejci said that indicates he's wavering? All reports also said he told the Bruins two weeks before free agency.

And he has been talking about doing this since the day he signed his contract. He also reiterated that this was his plan multiple times over the years.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
Hi All......signed up years ago here but never really posted. Always enjoyed reading everyone's posts over the years and love the information shared by Dom, Kirk, DKH, GeeWally and many others. Thanks for entertaining me over the years! I find I have way to much time on my hands these days so figured I may as well join the fray. I've seen a lot of chatter about Christian Dvorak lately. I admit I have not seen him play much.....does he move the needle for us? Is there another level for him to reach?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hi All......signed up years ago here but never really posted. Always enjoyed reading everyone's posts over the years and love the information shared by Dom, Kirk, DKH, GeeWally and many others. Thanks for entertaining me over the years! I find I have way to much time on my hands these days so figured I may as well join the fray. I've seen a lot of chatter about Christian Dvorak lately. I admit I have not seen him play much.....does he move the needle for us? Is there another level for him to reach?

Welcome aboard!

Reactions: KOZ37

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
What has Krejci said that indicates he's wavering? All reports also said he told the Bruins two weeks before free agency.

And he has been talking about doing this since the day he signed his contract. He also reiterated that this was his plan multiple times over the years.

Mike, Where did you read or hear this plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad