Your Most Memorable Moment as a Fan?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
3 goals in 10 minutes vs the Leafs will never get old.

Whenever I’m sad I put that on. Instant mood changer.

Lucic clobbering Burrows in game 3 SCF begins the net when I’m looking for a giggle. Turned the series around for good right there

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Probably Kane's cup winning goal. Would be cool to go back and relive those 5 seconds of bewilderment

Reactions: mccabe2424

Alf the dwarf

Jul 20, 2018
First Laine hatrick... I cried myself to sleep because of happiness and watched the goals almost 40 times next day... I will never forget it. I still cry when I think about it..

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Mario's comeback in late 2000. Just seemed so surreal that he was coming back after over three and one half seasons of retirement. Then he dominated right off the start to the surprise of a lot of people. Just very cool all in all.

My Best-Carey

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Some others:

My first visit to the Civic Center in January of 1992. I begged my dad to take me to a Whalers game and he finally relented and got tickets for a game vs the Caps. I was in heaven, particularly being able to get my own Puckie the Whale doll that I still have. Game ended in a 2-2 draw.

The day in 1995 at the trade deadline when I found out Kevin Dineen was coming home. One of my all time heroes, I remember crying I was so happy.

Anytime I got to see the Sabres win a game on the road (it has happened more frequently than you would think and most have come in Philly of all places including 2 playoff wins in 2011).

Game 5 vs the Rangers in the state champion 2007 season. Whenever I feel depressed I pull the video up of the RJ call.

2015 game 6 Caps-Isles at the last game ever at the real Coliseum. The reaction when Clutterbuck scored the eng that sealed it was the craziest I have ever experienced at a sporting event. The parking lot after the game was even crazier. I got in a cab after the game with a few other guys and they roll down the windows and high five people as we drove by.

Game 6 vs Florida. Unfortunately this is now down the same memory hole as the end of WrestleMania XX.

This year's Winter Classic meeting up with the Displaced Sabres Fans in the Citi Field Rotunda laughing at all the Rangers fans leaving because of the cold. Know what they call that weather in Buffalo? Spring.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Hmm.. Let's see..

2005-06 playoffs, Hurricanes player takes out Saku Koivu's eye. Young me was livid as back then I considered myself a Montreal fan (more so a Koivu fan who didn't really have a team yet)

Sundins 500th, was a great game and great ending.

Sakic's 600th goal (around this time I started following the Avs, didn't get to see them too much in Atlantic Canada as they were always the late game + not on often).

2013-14, watching MacKinnon in those playoffs... Oh my sweet lord, jumping off the couch like it was a trampoline. That whole series was unreal hockey entertainment wise.

And this past season in general will be pretty damn memorable for me. Those last few games just to get in had me losing my mind more than the playoffs did, at that point I was just happy we got in. That game 5 in Nashville was amazing too though.

Oh and anything Zadorov does.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
A few of my favorites despite the fact they are not all Lightning related and in no particular order

May day! May day! -Doesn't need much context

Martinez OT goal to win the Cup -Cool to see it all end like that in sudden death definitively unlike trying to figure out if Kane had scored

Kucherov OT goal in game 3 vs NYR -I was there for that one

Lightning win the Cup -Self explanatory

Sakic passing it to Bourque -Doesn't need much context

Anything Bure did -Dude was magic

That epic 7-6 Buffalo vs Ottawa slug fest -Any fan who hasn't seen it needs to. Holy crap what a game!

Steen's SHG to win in OT on a double minor vs LA -That win for St. Louis came in one of the most unexpected moments that I can recall as a fan. Kelly's "Oh my God!" call might be the only time I can say such a phrase was warranted

Off the floor, on the board! Paul Kariya! -That's what it's all about man

Nabokov's insane goal line save on Brad Richards -One of the best I have ever seen and brought me to my feet applauding

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
I would have to say being at the Joe in persons for Steve Yzerman's first game back after having reconstructed knee surgery. Was probably the loudest I've heard the Joe.

But the second loudest for me is when the Wings handed the Ave's a 7-0 beating in game 7 of the playoffs.

Those two were great nights.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
A lot of memorable moments but as a kid, 15 years old, this goal made me cry and scream like no other. Don't think I've been that excited in a long time. Of course the game didn't end how I would have liked.

Kingbobert

Jul 15, 2005
Montreal
only one? a game like hockey, there cant be one.
My first game at the forum is up there especially since i was lucky enough to have gone as a kid when non of my friends ever did.
Saku's Return from cancer
Saku's return to montreal after he left (that hit in the feels hard)
Ray Bourque lifting the cup (i know i know a habs fan cheering for a life long bruin...shhh)

Reactions: Bobby G

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Chronological order:
  • Edmonton being the GOAT team during my entire childhood.
  • The moment Marc-Andre Bergeron took out Rolli in 2006.
  • In Rexall when Yakupov tied the game and slid on his knees. Thought we had the next 60-goal-scorer. lol
  • Being in Team Canada dressing room and crackin' open a cold one with dem boyz.

Asmola

Jul 12, 2017
Laine scoring first hat-trick. Luckily i saw him doing hat-trick today also!

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
2010 gold medal overtime winner

Dylan Cozens totally scoring in time to force OT last week

The Flames beating Vancouver in 2015 and the post series red mile

But the best of all was being in Helsinki to watch the 2016 juniors and Kapanen's OT winner in the gold medal game

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
As a leaf fan, my most memorable moment is not a happy one. In fact, probably of my 100 most memorable leaf moments, very few would actually be positive. That's the life of a leafs fan I suppose.

But I'll focus on the big one. 2013 game 7 vs the Bruins. This will get lengthy... but I really have to do it justice. I need to show just how badly this hurt us. And by “us”, I mean all leaf fans. Many just won’t admit it. It’s too embarrassing.

I watched the game with four other friends. We were in our mid 20's. And you have to understand... the game was a big deal. For almost 10 years, the leafs had been the humiliation of not just the nhl, but of all humanity. We were the butt of every joke, far more than the usual leaf hate that's always out there. We hadn't made the playoffs since the lockout. We traded away two 1st round picks, only to finish 2nd last and 9th last, all for a player who was at this point mocked league wide. I consider this era to be rock bottom of all Maple Leaf history... even worse than the Ballard years.

We were told the leafs didn't have a chance this series against the Bruins. Most people thought the leafs would be flat out swept. But here we were. Game 7. Game Freaking Seven!!!

And we just went up 4-1, 10 minutes remaining in the 3rd.

I honestly don't think most people understand how important this was for us. Yes... it's just hockey. We knew that. But we were all thinking back to our teenage years watching those Sundin teams win rounds in the playoffs. We remembered how fun it could be to get with your friends and watch the leafs actually succeed. Something that we’d desperately missed. A lost aspect of our teenage years that we honestly started thinking would never come back.

So it was very emotional for us when we went up 4-1. We all had tears in our eyes, and were trying to hide it. It was melancholy. A reminder of the fun we used to have following this team. A sign that things were finally changing for the better.

We saw Burke actually leave his box seat and start shaking hands with members of MLSE. We stopped actually watching the game. It was over. The announcers said no team has ever come back from such a deficit so late in a game 7. We were talking about the next round. That's it. Who would we play? Who do we match up with?

And then we noticed it was somehow 4-3. The room went silent. We'd been leaf fans long enough to know what this means. The leafs don't just lose a game. They do so in the most heart breaking and humiliating fashion possible. We all knew the game was probably over, but we didn't want to believe it.

I remember the fear in everyones eyes when the leafs couldn't even touch the puck the final two minutes. I remember the shock when Boston tied the game. I remember the brief moment of hope we all had when Lupul hit the post early in overtime.

And then Boston scored, assisted by Seguin (of f***ing course).

One of my friends, a "mans man" who I've never seen show emotions, cried in the corner. He was embarrassed about it, and none of us have ever talked about it since. I would say almost 15 minutes passed before anybody spoke. We all went home. None of us even talked to each other, not even a text, for over a week. We just didn't want to think about that horrendous experience.

I quit watching hockey at that point. Said I'd only come back once the leafs actually started a real bona fide rebuild. Which they since have, and I'm glad to be back.

But 3 of my 4 friends quit hockey forever. They no longer follow the sport in any capacity. Even now that the leafs have Matthews and Tavares... they don't care. They are done. Forever. That game 7 against Boston was simply too much for them.

That day wasn't just the worst moment I've had as a leafs fan... it was one of the worst moments of my entire life. And I believe every single real leaf fan out there ( maybe not the casual fairweather fans) went through something similar.

It was just a horrible disgusting moment. One that none of us will ever forget.

shills

Jul 17, 2018
Pittsburgh
Mario's comeback in late 2000. Just seemed so surreal that he was coming back after over three and one half seasons of retirement. Then he dominated right off the start to the surprise of a lot of people. Just very cool all in all.

My Best-Carey

Also known in my house as the night daddy cried in his spaghetti :D

This is a tough question ... because I have so many. The first time I saw Mario live at the Civic Arena ... his '87 Canada Cup goals ... being there the afternoon he scored the 5 goals the 5 different ways ... attending the 1990 All-Star Game ... and that first Cup win in 1991.

But honestly ... the first thing that came to mind was Game 6 of the 1991 Wales Conference Finals against Boston ... I vividly remember Mark Recchi scoring to put the Pens up 4-3 ... then Mario capping it with an empty netter. I just couldn't believe that they were headed to the Stanley Cup Finals! More real tears that night. It was just something that I never believed would happen. And then they won! I've forgotten more sports stuff than I can remember ... but I'll never forget that night ... just the chance that they were going to be playing for the Stanley Cup! Amazing. :)

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
As a lifelong Flyers fan, has to be the first cup. First expansion team to win the cup. That's pretty special.

I still have an album my mom got from Girard bank with the highlights, interviews and....... Kate's god bless America.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad