Your Most Memorable Moment as a Fan?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Close between Hemsky's series winner against Detroit and Pisani's OT goal in game 5 against Carolina.

HM to Patrick Stefan blowing it.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
+I've detested Ovie for years, but I have to admit he getting the cup was a cool moment
+Saku Koivu returning from cancer... that was awesome
+From the actual plays, Bure classic breakthrough goals never get old

-End of Lindros and Kariya careers really hurt
-Boogaard story

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
NHL - Dominic Moore's Game 7 GWG against Washington completing the 3-1 series comeback against the President's Trophy champions

Non-NHL - Cal Babych scoring in 5OT, ending the longest game in CHL history and winning the series 4-2

Reactions: dukeofjive

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Probably the Gelinas Game 7 OT winner against Vancouver, although almost everything from 2004 outside the last two games meets this list.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

First time the Blues made me cry. Wouldn’t be the last. :laugh:

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Lars Ellers game winning goal in game 5!! I completely lost it because at that moment I knew that we were winning the Cup!

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Ray Bourque getting handed the Cup by Joe Sakic in 2001.

cut.jpg

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There are so many but my greatest actually didn't involve an NHL team. I worked for a team in the old UHL called the Danbury Trashers in 05-06, which was a dream come true for me to work for a pro hockey team (I remember as a kid when my dad asked me what I wanted to do in my life and I said work for a pro sports team and him and my brother both laughed at me and said I was ridiculous. But it happened). We faced Quad City in the first round and had a decisive game 7 in Danbury. We fell down 3-0 late in the second and things looked bleak. But then QC got hit with a 5 minute major and we scored 2 to get back into the game, and a minute into the 3rd we tied that. At that point my supervisor Heather tells me "Forget about any contests we had planned, go into the crowd and get them going crazy". If you ever went to a game in Danbury you would know that was the easiest job in the world. With the crowd going crazy the Trashers stepped on the gas and scored 3 more goals to blow the Mallards out of the water and win the series. Just pure magic.

Reactions: stl76

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The Caps' cup run is still so new, I don't know what will stand out over time. Right now the big three are Kuzy FINALLY putting away the Pens in OT of game 6, The Save by Holtby inbg2 of the SCF, and the moment the Caps actually won the Cup.

Before this year it was Joe Juneau's goal in the 1998 ECF to get the Caps to their first finals, and unfortunately, Esa Tikkanen missing an open net in g2 of the SCF, essentially sealing the Caps' fate against a ridiculous Detroit team.

Reactions: shtorm2005

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
There have been several moments for me.

Like previously mentioned, Selanne's OT winner against Detroit was huge and led to us lifting the Cup that year.

Game 2 against the Blackhawks and the 3OT game in the 15 WCF. Even though we lost, it will always be memorable for the emotional roller coaster it was from hitting the post 6 times to getting new life after Shaw's goal was disallowed to the disappointment after the game winner.

Game 5 comeback in 17 against EDM was an awesome moment. I had a sleeping baby at the time and wanted to shout and couldn't

Reactions: Arselona

Dead Thing

Jun 24, 2018
Because of Gordie Howe, I became a Wings fan at the age of 5 in 1958, even though I was born and raised in Montreal(talk about going against the grain). I waited 39 years for the Wings to win a Cup so the '97 Cup run is my favorite memory. '98, '02 and '08 were pretty special too.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Besides the playoffs this past season

Laine scoring the OT goal for the hat trick against the leafs in his first game against them

Matthews has a break away and misses
Puck comes back for the jets and Laine scores for the win

Reactions: Regents03

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Eric Staal hitting Williams in stride for the empty netter to seal the 2006 Cup. That snapshot moment when Williams got the puck the series was finally over and the celebration in Raleigh begun.

This city badly needs playoff hockey to grace us with its presence again. This area really was hockey nuts for a few years there before things really bottomed out. The fans are still here, there's plenty apparel around town to show for it, we just need a reason to believe again.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The Hat Trick on Patrick. My buddy (big Avs fan) and I were watching this game which made it so much more memorable to rub it in his face. Roy looked so defeated and I loved every second of it.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
After Game 6 of the 2017 Cup, I was watching alone in our living room. We just had our 2nd daughter a month and a half beforehand. Our oldest daughter was a month shy of her 2nd birthday. My wife was sleeping with the baby and we had already put big sister to bed.
I had the volume down almost all the way and as Hagelin scored the Cup clincher I hear the oldest one whispering under her door "Bo Pens! Bo Pens!" (Her way of saying go). There was no way she could know what was going on but she did. I figure f*** it and brought her to the living room to watch with me. She reaches to a nearby shelf and digs out the Pens hat we bought her the year before and puts it on.

The best part came as the Nashville crowd was booing Bettman during the Cup awards ceremony, she puts her index finger up to her lips and says "ssshhhh...don't cry babies."

You can't make this shit up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad