Your Most Memorable Moment as a Fan?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Title says it all. May be it’s your team winning a cup or a single play that will stick with you forever.

Mine is 2009 Stanley Cup. Fleury scrambling in the final seconds of game 7, dives to his right and takes the shot off of his chest to win it against the Red Wings. Something I will never forget as a fan for as long as I live....

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I have very fond memories of the 2008 playoffs and the Rangers/Devils series. I was a senior in high school and it was my last hurrah with the boys. We were at all the games that were at Prudential Center as I live 15 minutes away and tickets were much easier to come by than MSG. All 3 games were awesome games too. Game 5 in particular though was the most fun I've ever had at a hockey game. It's an understatement to say that the Rock was invaded that night.

Avery was so dominant and just a menace all over the ice. Callahan and Dubinsky had made their marks as players to build around. Lundqvist made a sick save on a penalty shot late in the 3rd period and was establishing himself as the best goalie in hockey.

The Prudential Center DJ even (mistakenly) played Strike It Up and Dancing Larry did his gig.

I was on cloud nine.

Much simpler times before I found this site and all the pressures of the huge expectations of the Rangers contending and failing broke me and left me jaded and bitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tavares to Marner

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
-This is still my favorite game / moments, and Im spoiled and have a ton to choose from

-Game 4 SCF Finals. Detroit leads series 2-1 and game 2-1. Thats when Malkin and Crosby took over in the next 7 minutes, reclaiming the lead 4-2 with 3 penguin goals, then the game, then later winning the series and cup. In a series of 7 minutes you knew these guys were superstars. This game was also in the old igloo, one of the loudest and most intimating NHL arenas of all time

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Not quite a “moment,” but it’s my dad taking my brother and I to the old Boston Garden for the first time to see a Bruins game. We sat right next to the goal judge in the front row on the end the Bruins shot at twice. Game 2 of the 1988 Adams Division semifinal. The Bruins beat Buffalo 4-1, if I remember correctly.

I still have the “Goal” magazine, and the puck with the Bruins logo on it he bought me. I also got a Sabres logo puck. Whenever I see the Bruins play a team I’ve never seen before in person, I buy a puck with that team’s logo on it. Nice little tradition started that night. My brother does the same thing.

Not just a great hockey memory, but a great childhood memory - one of the best.

On ice - the Bruins defeating the Canadiens that year in the playoffs, and the 2011 Stanley Cup Championship.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
When Buffalo beat Toronto in 1999 to reach the SCF. Friends and I went to Tops Markets that night to stand in line for tickets.

Reactions: sabremike

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
DSP hustling after a clear, feed from Stephenson to go up 2-0 on Tampa, game 6 of Eastern Conference Finals. Every year I think the Caps are going to win the Stanley Cup, but that was the 1st time I ever thought there was a greater than 50% chance of it happening, for my money the biggest goal the Caps have ever scored at home.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

Attachments

• ovie cup.jpg
    ovie cup.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad