Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
oops-pants-off.gif

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Visiting family in San Jose (some sharks fans in attendance, but everyone was rooting for the Kings). Jumped up yelling/screaming. High fives all around, then a jumping hug-circle with my mom and cousin. It was a little ridiculous.

I wasn't expecting it. How many times have we won versus lost the past few years in playoff overtimes? It's hard to think of many occasions outside of the 2012 Vancouver series unless I am just being selective with my memory. So it was mostly disbelief. "Did that really go in?" "Did that really happen" amongst yelling with joy and jumping around :P

One of my favorites is Penner putting away the Coyotes.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
jumped into my son's arms again like I did in 2012 when penner put that one in , luckily he is 6-4 and hillbilly strong and caught my old ass lol, what a series, what a run and what a ****ing team....never thought I would be as happy for a cup run again but some how I want this more and more with every game, LOVE these ****ing guys GO KINGS GO

PS forgot about the wife running away because I almost fractured her wrist in 2012, she has been through hell I knocked her into the next section when butchie scored in OT against the bruins so many years ago

I wasn't expecting it. How many times have we won versus lost the past few years in playoff overtimes? It's hard to think of many occasions outside of the 2012 Vancouver series unless I am just being selective with my memory.

I don't think the Kings lost a game in OT in 2012. I could be wrong but they didn't lose many games. They won the series in Vancouver in OT, the Phoenix series was won in OT and a few games in the Cup final went to OT. Then this year they beat the Ducks in OT in game one but lost to the Sharks in Game 3 and the Hawks in game 5. I remember them losing to St. Louis on that Quick blunder last year.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I don't think the Kings lost a game in OT in 2012. I could be wrong but they didn't lose many games. They won the series in Vancouver in OT, the Phoenix series was won in OT and a few games in the Cup final went to OT. Then this year they beat the Ducks in OT in game one but lost to the Sharks in Game 3 and the Hawks in game 5. I remember them losing to St. Louis on that Quick blunder last year.

Nope, they didn't.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
jumped into my son's arms again like I did in 2012 when penner put that one in , luckily he is 6-4 and hillbilly strong and caught my old ass lol, what a series, what a run and what a ****ing team....never thought I would be as happy for a cup run again but some how I want this more and more with every game, LOVE these ****ing guys GO KINGS GO

PS forgot about the wife running away because I almost fractured her wrist in 2012, she has been through hell I knocked her into the next section when butchie scored in OT against the bruins so many years ago

How have I never heard this phrase before??? Awesome! :laugh:

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
I was sitting on my bed with my fiance when Martinez scored, shot up off of my bed pumping my fist and screaming at the top of my lungs "Suck it Chicago! Suck it you cocky Hawks fans!", then proceeded to pound on the walls. My fiance told me she wished she had her phone out so she could record it.

My roommates (who are not hockey fans) have been quacking at me the entire playoffs, and they were very disappointed to see me so overjoyed.

A nice little bonus: one of my roommates had a new girl over that he was interested in, apparently it scared the crap out of her when she heard me screaming from the other room. :laugh:

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
I had the apartment's "courtesy patrol officers" knock on my door asking if I was all right... The reason??? My yell was louder than it usually was...and I think my cats are STILL in hiding... When they came to the door and asked me what was going on...I said THE KINGS ARE GOING TO THE MFING FINALS... This took them for a loop because I was not known for swearing...and one of them knew that I was a soldier with THE Salvation Army which made it doubly strange to them...

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Yeah, I figured my memory was being selective. :P I believed in the Kings but was preparing myself for the worst. It's almost surreal that we are heading back to the finals. Amazing time to be a Kings fan. No matter what happens, I am over the moon that we eliminated the Sharks, Ducks, and Hawks in one go. What an amazing run.

santiclaws

May 19, 2005
I went nuts, kissed my GF and then called my parents. Then one of my cats got really sick and threw up all over the place. I missed all the post game ceremonies nursing him back to health. Crazy night.

Hate to break it to you, but your cat is a Hawks fan.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I will always remember this one.

I had just gotten back from my fraternity formal in Palm springs. I remember being absolutely dejected all weekend because of game 6, which I attended and experienced all the sadness. I was SURE the Kings would lose game 7. I was slumped on my couch, sitting in my underwear and my jersey, exhausted after 2 hours of driving alone and a wicked hangover from drinking away my sorrows over the weekend. I was watching the game, sure that somehow, Kane would get a bounce and put us away.

And then it happened.

After that goal I jumped up from the couch and into the air, screaming. The pillow that was on top of me flew into the air and almost broke some stuff. My entire house was screaming, we couldn't believe it. My hangover disappeared instantly. It was incredible. I am still in disbelief.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I literally fell on the floor and laughed hysterically for about 3 minutes.

Then a smoked a tree and went to bed.

Captain Mittens*

I literally fell on the floor and laughed hysterically for about 3 minutes.

Then a smoked a tree and went to bed.
at first I was like

yeah-nailed-it1.gif

I'm mostly surprised that so many of you would keep a cat for a pet.
then I was like
6a01348134c1a0970c0168eba60c41970c-500wi

How Dare you.

What are you going to do when your neighbor's dog has an acid flashback and attacks your bike riding kid?

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
This
940x.jpg

and this Drew Doughty reaction
https://vine.co/v/Mp5u5PMa1qu Don't know how to embed vines. (Saw this on Dennis Berstein's Twitter account)

Awesome thread. Reading the reactions really emphasizes the shared joy (or pain, if you're a Blackhawks fan, but hey, we feel you 'cause we went through it last year in the WCF). Love reading these.

KingKopitar11*

Visiting family in San Jose (some sharks fans in attendance, but everyone was rooting for the Kings). Jumped up yelling/screaming. High fives all around, then a jumping hug-circle with my mom and cousin. It was a little ridiculous.

One of my favorites is Penner putting away the Coyotes.

I love the Penner goal too, especially after brown ended Roszivals career on the play before.

One of my favorite ot winner is Deadmarsh against the wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad