Your immediate reaction to the OT goal.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
me, my mom and my dad were all watching the game nerviously. When Alec scored I started jumping up and down screaming and started hugging my mother and then proceded to jump on my dad and started hugging him. Pretty much my same reaction when Alec scored the goal against Chicago.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I was hugging people all around me in my section.

After watching the replay, that was one of the most incredible hockey games I have been able to witness. I was there for the rally against the Wings, the great Hawks games, others. The crowd just going ohhhhhhhh after each Kings chance.

So glad I was there.

Malice430

Apr 25, 2006
Lake Forest, Ca
i was in O'Hare Airport on a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG layover watching the game at the Blackhawks bar that in the terminal and they closed right after the first OT ended so I walked around looking at the other bars that were showing it earlier and they had all closed too. so after walking for a half hour I saw a guy in a Kings hat watching it on his tablet and he said I could watch it with him. About 45 seconds after I started watching Martinez scored and we started yelling and jumping and high-fiving in the middle of the airport...in Chicago :D

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
As a Devils fan, I was disappointed you guys didn't pull one of your patented jobs, and let the Rangers bring it to a Game 7.... so that you could *really* rip their hearts out by winning it then in triple OT.

Congrats on one of the best runs I've ever seen any team make. You guys are a buzz saw and it wouldn't have mattered who you faced in the finals.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I ran around the house, gave the wife a high five, ran around the block wearing a medieval times paper crown hat and flip flops yelling out "Cinqo de Martinez" a few tines and then came back home and gave the wife a hug, rubbed her belly as we are expecting then had a beer.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I ran around the house, gave the wife a high five, ran around the block wearing a medieval times paper crown hat and flip flops yelling out "Cinqo de Martinez" a few tines and then came back home and gave the wife a hug, rubbed her belly as we are expecting then had a beer.

Lucky Baby!

Gonna have to post pictures with a Kings jersey on or lucky baby jinx will begin.

Medieval times = Burger King?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

Sounds like you were probably more worn out after that than the Kings were after their 26 games :laugh:

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
1QKP5oS.gif

This was me exactly. Tentacles and all.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Lucky Baby!

Gonna have to post pictures with a Kings jersey on or lucky baby jinx will begin.

Medieval times = Burger King?

A hat similar to what Jim Carey & Matthew Broderick sported when they went to Medieval Times in the movie "Cable Guy"

We"ll probably get the newborn something LA King SC related to put her in.

And, boy was I winded after that run. Took a lot out of me.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
A hat similar to what Jim Carey & Matthew Broderick sported when they went to Medieval Times in the movie "Cable Guy"

We"ll probably get the newborn something LA King SC related to put her in.

And, boy was I winded after that run. Took a lot out of me.

OHHHHHH THAT is medieval times. I had forgotten.

Will she fit into a Kings cup hat?

I was given one of those and I am not a hat guy.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
OHHHHHH THAT is medieval times. I had forgotten.

Will she fit into a Kings cup hat?

I was given one of those and I am not a hat guy.

We'll shall see. I did buy a children's hat in 2012 when the Kings won the Conference Championship.

The doctor said she has the potential to be a large baby, around 9 pounds. A mini Dwight King in size! :laugh:

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
I must give a lot of kudos to you. You never flinched. You never stopped believing. I can't say that for myself.

Someone has to be here to keep the spirits up when the Kings are down 2 and making things interesting :P

Seriously though, I bought into this team harder than I ever had when Sutter took over and we got Carter. I remember saying that year if we could just hang on and get our foot in the door we would make noise. Believing in our chances and watching it play out that year built a ton of confidence as a fan in this group. In 2013 I tried to set myself up for inevitable disappointment, assuming we'd see some version of a Cup hangover and be let down and was pleasantly surprised to see Quickie get us to the WCFs. Then, I even started out this year thinking I'd be okay with a down year given what they've given us over the last two.

Something changed, oddly enough, around January for me as a fan. I was bothered during the slump, of course, and started to doubt our chances this year and maybe even question if we were as strong as I'd previously given us credit for, but reading other people (in articles and forums) doubt the Kings made me want to stand up for them, reminding myself why I believe. Around the same time we started to see stellar play in front of Scrivens and Jones and I started to see that look in their eyes, like they were hungry for it.

That period of time is similar to how I felt when we were down 3 in Round 1. With so many people counting them out I felt it necessary to stand up and believe in that desire to never say die. I actually let myself believe that if we could take game 4 we'd take game 5, and then be in their heads enough to take game 6, and had a feeling it'd keep rolling.

This team has definitely proven worthy of our belief in them. All the times we held our breath during a game, or rocked our Kings gear after a loss or early exit are totally worth it now.

The best part is that they (like me) are building confidence and belief in each other. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that we get another soon.

Brava Ali :yo:

You know we always believe ;)

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
I'm so jealous of practically everyone here being able to share this around other people that appreciate hockey. I was in my bedroom watching the laptop screen as my wife and her parents had Coffey outside. They all think I'm completely rude and could not even understand the importance it had to me. No high fives, no questions, just a rude glare. Maybe it's time to move my family to Canada. Do they need amazing carpenters in Canada

Ror' once again thanks for my 2012 St. Louis rally towel. I slept with it most of the playoffs

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Gabbed my wife in joy and had a second kid, wife is a Kings fan now...lol

KingsFanInRI

Waiting 4 next year
Aug 27, 2005
Outside Providence
Since this thread was originally about the WCF I will answer that one first...
My reaction was similar to a couple that I read about being too drained to celebrate (remember I'm 3 hours ahead of LA ;) ) It was just a massive sigh of relief that we had managed to escape a fate similar to what he had pinned on San Jose. After watching the Hawks take us and then the B's out last year made it even sweeter.

As for the Final... I was at work when the game started (got to watch the first on my computer), the drive home consumed the second period, so after 14 hours at work here I am settling in to watch from the start of the 3rd on. My son and I watched... and waited... and like most of you, as you see the puck headed right for AMart (although I honestly just saw a black jersey at first with no regard for the number) I jumped in anticipation of the puck going in, much like Jim Fox does when you watch that video. I think I screamed "Alec Martinez I love you!" as I was hugging my son (who missed 2012 because he was on a cruise). Poured a small amount of Martinelli's on his head as well :yo: Took 6 cups of coffee and a brownie with a Red Bull chaser to get through work Saturday :D

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Screamed really loud, ripped off my shirt, screamed some more while my wife looked on, then we both broke out an 18 year bottle of scotch and watched the handshakes.

best...day....ever...

reset

Puck Luck
Oct 5, 2005
South Bay
pandemonium in section PR 12

Screamed my lungs out. And all i could say was "we won the cup. we won the cup!"

Amazing, amazing experience.

Hugged and high fived everyone and shed a silent tear.

Still missing my voice :).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad