Your immediate reaction to the OT goal.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
The exhilaration of seeing a goal like that is rare...the absolute joy that shoots through your body and how you viscerally react to such a moment. So I'm asking... what was your immediate reaction?

I've heard a lot of great stories about stories so far: People running around their houses, scaring their pets, taking off their clothes, etc.

I got up and did a repeated double fist pump while screaming like a little girl for 15 seconds... then I pounded this nearby drum stool with both hands til they turned red... then i went to respond to 30 text messages. Not a great story.. but i couldn't replicate the scream if i wanted to. The pure emotion was unreal.

Last edited:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I jumped in the air and shouted FEKYEAH!!!!

Woke my wife and scared all the animals. Dogs came running the whole kit and kaboodle.

So Great!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The second Alec threw that on net I thought, "this is the game right here" and sure enough I was right. I fell back onto my desk chair and screamed as loud as I could for a solid thirty seconds while shaking my head. I missed the celebration because I had my hands and head pointed to the sky. :laugh: When the broadcast went back to the studio I went out to my garage to get something out of my car. My neighbor who was watering his plants asked me what the hell was going on. Good times.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
H5qmte6.gif

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
It was the strangest thing, this series has been so emotionally draining I barely had the energy to celebrate once it was over. Mostly I just felt relief as I mustered up an exhausted fist pump.

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
I live in LA, but have been in Kazakhstan for the past two weeks, waking up at 6am to watch every game. My buddy who's hosting me was asleep, so when we scored the game winner I jumped up and down, wildly throwing my arms around, ran around the living room, and screamed silently not to wake him up. On second thought, I think I let out a loud yelp for a split second at first, oops.

I'm not going to lie, watching the video recap of the OT winner with Nick Nickson's call brought me to tears for a second.

KingKopitar11*

I screamed so much. I was happier than the time we won the cup. There was so much on the line in this game. The cup was easy and this was just so amazing. So much happiness and relief. I've never felt this way through out my life with hockey.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Jumped up and did something between a scream and a hysterical laugh. My wobbly legs eventually gave out. I crumbled to the ground and continued the laugh/scream.

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
I let myself breathe. And strangely my hands started shaking after. Like I was holding it together for the game just in case it didn't go the right way but once that puck went in, all the energy I was using to stay mellow transferred itself into some intense high fives (my hands still feel sore, lol) and me screaming "we did it we did it we did it!"

It always takes a bit to hit me. I'm still just kinda realizing that not only did we take down the Blackhawks (thank god we did, I could go the rest of my life without hearing of their dynasty talk and it would be too soon), but we've earned our chance at a second Cup.

When we were down 3 against San Jose, I just wanted to come back. That was the Cup for me. Then all I wanted was to beat Anaheim and remind them the first Cup comment isn't relevant anymore. That was my Cup. This round the desire to prove ourselves against the Hawks was huge for me. Now that we've done that it needs to sink in for me what that means.

I believed the whole time, but i can't believe we ****ing made it. This team. Always making us sweat.

Arrhizal

May 4, 2012
Slovenia
I wasn't even ecstatic! At first I didn't even realize they scored. Then I let out a muffled scream. Joy overflowing. On the inside. Way too tired for anything more.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I let myself breathe. And strangely my hands started shaking after. Like I was holding it together for the game just in case it didn't go the right way but once that puck went in, all the energy I was using to stay mellow transferred itself into some intense high fives (my hands still feel sore, lol) and me screaming "we did it we did it we did it!"

It always takes a bit to hit me. I'm still just kinda realizing that not only did we take down the Blackhawks (thank god we did, I could go the rest of my life without hearing of their dynasty talk and it would be too soon), but we've earned our chance at a second Cup.

When we were down 3 against San Jose, I just wanted to come back. That was the Cup for me. Then all I wanted was to beat Anaheim and remind them the first Cup comment isn't relevant anymore. That was my Cup. This round the desire to prove ourselves against the Hawks was huge for me. Now that we've done that it needs to sink in for me what that means.

I believed the whole time, but i can't believe we ****ing made it. This team. Always making us sweat.

I was so happy after the San Jose series that I felt somewhat satisfied. After the Kings beat Anaheim I was no longer satisfied and wanted to go all the way. Beating Chicago only adds fuel to that fire.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I went nuts, kissed my GF and then called my parents. Then one of my cats got really sick and threw up all over the place. I missed all the post game ceremonies nursing him back to health. Crazy night.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Is he ok?

He was knocking back too many beers with Doc! He's one of us, his stomach could only hold up so long (I promptly went to the powder room after the OT goal and handshake line).

Frolov99

Mar 2, 2008
Ottawa
I found some unused sparklers from May 2-4 and ran around my house scaring my roommates in pure joy.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Got a **** Yeah out of me... slider was open... probably heard it down the street.... neighbors think I'm crazy anyways. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad