Your immediate reaction to the OT goal.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
I started running around the lodge, in my room wifi wasn't working so during the game I was sitting outside the bar where the connection was decent.

I think I ran for awhile, because when I came back to my laptop teams were lining up for the handshake...

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
I let myself breathe. And strangely my hands started shaking after. Like I was holding it together for the game just in case it didn't go the right way but once that puck went in, all the energy I was using to stay mellow transferred itself into some intense high fives (my hands still feel sore, lol) and me screaming "we did it we did it we did it!"

It always takes a bit to hit me. I'm still just kinda realizing that not only did we take down the Blackhawks (thank god we did, I could go the rest of my life without hearing of their dynasty talk and it would be too soon), but we've earned our chance at a second Cup.

When we were down 3 against San Jose, I just wanted to come back. That was the Cup for me. Then all I wanted was to beat Anaheim and remind them the first Cup comment isn't relevant anymore. That was my Cup. This round the desire to prove ourselves against the Hawks was huge for me. Now that we've done that it needs to sink in for me what that means.

I believed the whole time, but i can't believe we ****ing made it. This team. Always making us sweat.

I must give a lot of kudos to you. You never flinched. You never stopped believing. I can't say that for myself.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
I was driving from LA to San Jose for my nephew's first birthday and like a few miles before the 152 on the 5 I heard Nick's call and screamed and hollered in relief and excitement. But I was driving at a decent speed so I had to get back to driving but I had a smile all the way to my brother's.

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
Home alone, no kids this week and not a spectacular celebration from me .I'm more careful since I injured my left shoulder after a celebration when Slovenia qualified for the world cup against Russia. Ages ago but that shoulder is still a mess. Just jumping up and screaming might woke up some neighbours but all is good they know me.

I have had 3.5 hours of sleep in 30,5 hours :laugh: I'm dead tired.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Had the surround sound absolutely cranked up because I knew the Kings would *somehow* find a way to win after their OT domination.

I yelled and jumped around a bit. Then I started crying a lot. After all of that I pointed at the spot on my wall where I'll hang another banner.

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Home alone, no kids this week and not a spectacular celebration from me .I'm more careful since I injured my left shoulder after a celebration when Slovenia qualified for the world cup against Russia. Ages ago but that shoulder is still a mess. Just jumping up and screaming might woke up some neighbours but all is good they know me.

I have had 3.5 hours of sleep in 30,5 hours :laugh: I'm dead tired.

He, he, I was on stadium when we beat Russia for WC 2010.

But for today, I sleeped 2h and after win didn't go back to sleep. Was in my bed, watched on ipad (Gamecenter) and on OT goal I just couldn't stay quiet, so probably my neigbours heard my scream. After watching ceremony and interviews after the game I checked this forum for good one hour and then the replay of whole match started on our local sport channel. So I watched again whole match (4 hours).

Now I'll try to watch next two hours WC match and then sleeping time...

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Woke my wife up, ran to my oldest daughter's room who was still up (friend sleeping over of course) and we hugged and jumped around. Came back in time for the Conn Smythe and Cup presentations. Then went on FB and HFBoards.

Awesome night while also incredibly nerve wracking,

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
He, he, I was on stadium when we beat Russia for WC 2010.

But for today, I sleeped 2h and after win didn't go back to sleep. Was in my bed, watched on ipad (Gamecenter) and on OT goal I just couldn't stay quiet, so probably my neigbours heard my scream. After watching ceremony and interviews after the game I checked this forum for good one hour and then the replay of whole match started on our local sport channel. So I watched again whole match (4 hours).

Now I'll try to watch next two hours WC match and then sleeping time...

You sound like a mirror image of me :laugh: same here checking watching reading no end to it. I saw Kopi is going to get back to Slovenia in June 26 :cry: I won't be able to catch him if that is true. I'm going July for two almost three weeks. Darm it! I would want to see him with the Cup live.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
I let myself breathe. And strangely my hands started shaking after. Like I was holding it together for the game just in case it didn't go the right way but once that puck went in, all the energy I was using to stay mellow transferred itself into some intense high fives (my hands still feel sore, lol) and me screaming "we did it we did it we did it!"

It always takes a bit to hit me. I'm still just kinda realizing that not only did we take down the Blackhawks (thank god we did, I could go the rest of my life without hearing of their dynasty talk and it would be too soon), but we've earned our chance at a second Cup.

When we were down 3 against San Jose, I just wanted to come back. That was the Cup for me. Then all I wanted was to beat Anaheim and remind them the first Cup comment isn't relevant anymore. That was my Cup. This round the desire to prove ourselves against the Hawks was huge for me. Now that we've done that it needs to sink in for me what that means.

I believed the whole time, but i can't believe we ****ing made it. This team. Always making us sweat.
Brava Ali :yo:

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
You sound like a mirror image of me :laugh: same here checking watching reading no end to it. I saw Kopi is going to get back to Slovenia in June 26 :cry: I won't be able to catch him if that is true. I'm going July for two almost three weeks. Darm it! I would want to see him with the Cup live.

The date of the cup in Slovenia is still unknown. 26th is just the date when he'll return back home. And he'll for sure stay in Slovenia till late of August (because every year is the same).

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
The date of the cup in Slovenia is still unknown. 26th is just the date when he'll return back home. And he'll for sure stays in Slovenia till late of August.

You are giving me hope. thanks.

BTW when do they present the awards Selke? Does he know he is not getting it so he is staying in Slovenia or am I just wrong here?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
^ lmao

Thanks great news. I still think think Bergeron gets it but I also thought Sharks would end us as all the other teams except Rangers, I hope my predictions continues to be accurate.

The Rangers one was not questionable.

Bergeron can have his Selke. Kopi can have his second ring.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
A loud shout of "YES!!!", though short and punctuated... remained seated, but both hands shot into the air and stayed there for many many minutes. Then seeing the team's celebration, and the water started to leak out of my own ducts. Not as much as in 2012, but still some. Just an incredible emotional release.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
A spasm of faith that flickers and fades
Day dreams lapse into a coma of waiting
You sit inventing crimes to pass the time
Before you get caught your confession is made
Look at yourself you're a flash in the pan
You're a spark that's out, you don't remember your name
You're fossilized, you want blood from stone
You've got a hero's heart but play a loser's game

Ad