Your immediate reaction to the OT goal.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
After winning in OT I was so pumped up on adrenaline that I attempted the Cinnamon Challenge.... and lost.

tumblr_lzpkvjziUH1rp7xuzo1_500.gif

Captain Mittens*

After winning in OT I was so pumped up on adrenaline that I attempted the Cinnamon Challenge.... and lost.

tumblr_lzpkvjziUH1rp7xuzo1_500.gif

LOL

You are killing me today man.

I am sure everyone at my work already thinks I am crazy and my laughing from this probably removed the "think" for most of my office

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Fell quietly to the floor as I watched Lazarus get up and start doing the electric boogaloo. I was so emotionally committed to the loss that it was more confusing than anything.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I was at a buddies house. We all jumped up off the couch screaming with awesomeness (woke the baby) and our pizza went flying off our plates. Followed by a jumping circle hug like the players and high fives (old hockey and football ways that we used to celebrate goals and wins) hahaha

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-22-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Have you ever been so excited you didn't yell, scream, jump around etc? That's kinda how it felt.

I guess this is the closest example..

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
This is awesome....I'm from Buffalo and i don't hate the hawks, but I was rooting for the Kings from game 1, and if there is ever a series to take an emotional roller coaster on with a team was that one, so by the time OT came in game 7 i was so emotionally invested in seeing the Kings pull it off (not that its anything compared to you life long king fans), i was really nervous sitting here in my house in Niagara Falls NY with two young girls sleeping upstairs and when that went in I did a doubled take because I couldn't believe that was the one the shot that went in, then I sat back, Breathed and thought of how many Kings fans were having the same moment times 100 at this same time. I have never witnessed a team from my city win any championships in my whole life and I am convinced they never will, so If you don't mind, I will root for the Kings and mooch off of the joy you are getting/going to get from beating the rangers. Thanks

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
This is awesome....I'm from Buffalo and i don't hate the hawks, but I was rooting for the Kings from game 1, and if there is ever a series to take an emotional roller coaster on with a team was that one, so by the time OT came in game 7 i was so emotionally invested in seeing the Kings pull it off (not that its anything compared to you life long king fans), i was really nervous sitting here in my house in Niagara Falls NY with two young girls sleeping upstairs and when that went in I did a doubled take because I couldn't believe that was the one the shot that went in, then I sat back, Breathed and thought of how many Kings fans were having the same moment times 100 at this same time. I have never witnessed a team from my city win any championships in my whole life and I am convinced they never will, so If you don't mind, I will root for the Kings and mooch off of the joy you are getting/going to get from beating the rangers. Thanks

Buffalo seems to be rebuilding the right way, so I truly think you'll have a lot to be excited about in a few years. Fasching is going to be a beast and it still hurts we had to give him up. You guys are true fans too and you deserve to see success.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah, Buffalo is one of the few teams I like. That fan base has suffered through so much. Would definitely like them to win a Cup for their fans. Not at our expense though.

Frankie King

Feb 10, 2013
Out of my mind
My little cousin had her phone out ready to record, and got me (6'2 dude weighing 200 plus) jumping into my sisters fiance's arms while screaming inaudible "things" lets call them. Sister's fiance proceeds to carry me across the room, my arms flailing around, and back. The background noise from the other guests makes it seem there's 50 people at least, but there was only 9. I also had to spend two hours regaining my two year old daughters trust because her daddy was now a "cwayzee dodo".

Also, the NHL's instagram feed messaged my sister asking to use the clip in #myplayoffsstory. Good times.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
My little cousin had her phone out ready to record, and got me (6'2 dude weighing 200 plus) jumping into my sisters fiance's arms while screaming inaudible "things" lets call them. Sister's fiance proceeds to carry me across the room, my arms flailing around, and back. The background noise from the other guests makes it seem there's 50 people at least, but there was only 9. I also had to spend two hours regaining my two year old daughters trust because her daddy was now a "cwayzee dodo".

Also, the NHL's instagram feed messaged my sister asking to use the clip in #myplayoffsstory. Good times.

Now, you do realize you can't just talk about it without sharing...

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013

Is that you, at 2:00, in the video Puck U posted in today's game thread, bottom of page 4?

bral

Go Kings!
Nov 30, 2004
Corona,CA
I was at a bar in Anaheim lots of high 5's and F yeahs. That was probably the most tense/satisfying moment i've had as a Kings fan in a long time, I really didn't want to lose to the Hawks again.

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
Almost choked on my dinner. One of the sweetest goals I've ever seen as a Kings fan. Game 7 OT, a return to the finals, knocking off the damn Hawks. Rivals any goal scored in the 2011 run. Never really felt as nervous during those playoffs as I did in this game.

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
something similar to this, with a couple of '**** yeah's added in for good measure

mexican-soccer-coach-1.gif

the feeling i had/still have, like others have said, is on par with how i felt when they won the cup. beating the hawks in 7 games is a real treat....especially after seeing Duncan Keith's post game interview. 1000% satisfaction baby

My reaction was exactly this, preceded by doing some weird skipping thing, then followed by silently screaming "****ing Right!" since I saw the game on my DVR; didn't get to the end of the game until midnight and the rest of my family was asleep.

Frankie King

Feb 10, 2013
Out of my mind
Is that you, at 2:00, in the video Puck U posted in today's game thread, bottom of page 4?

Yes, that's me. Good times man.

KingsKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie King View Post

Now, you do realize you can't just talk about it without sharing.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
I had an odd moment with the OT cup winner. I didn't care at the time because i was just so happy. But I was at "THE BOAT" in Pasadena with 200 or so other King fans. One dude was listening to it on the radio and he started celebrating. He had neither a kings or a rangers shirt on... i look at the screen after realizing a TEAM had won it... On the screen the Rangers had the puck in the kings zone and i therefore start cursing like a sailor. I assume the delay is a short one...Then i look over and radio-dudes friend wearing a kings shirt is jumping w/ him.. and he is repeatedly saying "it's in! it's in!". i then look back at the screen and the kings were on the rush... I STAND UP EXPECTING the goal to go in.

Weird... but whatever works. It was a confusing moment.. but a good one nonetheless.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was in a hotel room, almost jumped out the window and/or through the ceiling

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I was at my parents watching the game with my two brothers, dad, wife, the whole crew, all Kings fans. I think the Hawks OT goal produced more jubilation because there was serious doubt as to whether we'd win that series. But this one was so exhausting. I was basically in the fetal position on the floor for the entire third, OT. Didn't think I would have much if they scored, but I still leaped to my feet, fist pumped and screamed. I also managed to pick up my 200 brother like he was a toddler and spin him around. Not good for my hernia, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->