Your favorite stick?

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
X60 85 flex with P88 curve. AMAZING. Just came off a Sakic S19 and been using Easton for the past 5 years. X60 is awesome for great shot and stick handling. Very light too. I would go X60 or total one with the p88 any day.

Pittsburgh Proud

Dec 12, 2007
Pittsburgh
X60 85 flex with P88 curve. AMAZING. Just came off a Sakic S19 and been using Easton for the past 5 years. X60 is awesome for great shot and stick handling. Very light too. I would go X60 or total one with the p88 any day.

I whip the totalOne P88 85 flex (I have to cut it to the 105 mark however), I just wish they kept it Lindros instead of Kane. Love the stick, used it the other day for the first time after breaking my NikeBauer One95. Playing again today ice and inline, pretty excited to see how it controls an inline puck.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Officially am saving up for a Base 75 flex intermediate. My 60 flex Harrow (cut down to 70 flex) is great for wristers but too whippy for slappers, and my 75 flex Harrow (cut down to 100 flex) is great for slappers but too stiff for wristers. Need something in between...

ChiTownHawks

May 5, 2009
Orland Park, IL
Officially am saving up for a Base 75 flex intermediate. My 60 flex Harrow (cut down to 70 flex) is great for wristers but too whippy for slappers, and my 75 flex Harrow (cut down to 100 flex) is great for slappers but too stiff for wristers. Need something in between...

I love my x40 77 flex cut down to about an 84. I find it to be the perfect balance for wristers and slappers.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I'm only 5'8 though and use a stick cut below my chin. I snapped my 65 flex so I'm looking to go up, but any 75 flex I buy at senior length would get cut to the 95-100 flex marker. Plus those X40's are heavy and don't come in a Drury curve :P

Thought about the Dolomite 70 flex but might take my chance on the Base.

Scotty Malone

Jan 4, 2011
I've been using the X60 for a few months now and love it!

P91A 87 flex cut down below the 100 flex mark.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I'm only 5'8 though and use a stick cut below my chin. I snapped my 65 flex so I'm looking to go up, but any 75 flex I buy at senior length would get cut to the 95-100 flex marker. Plus those X40's are heavy and don't come in a Drury curve :P

Bauer's P91A curve is the same as the Drury curve, isn't it?

ChiTownHawks

May 5, 2009
Orland Park, IL

Yeah not the lighest stick on the market that's for sure, but I am pretty much a beginner so I have not justified jumping up into that next price bracket yet. I more talking about the 77 flex as opposed to the stick itself.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Nike Zero-G.... which isn't made any more :rant:

I've always been a wood guy, but since there are so few wooden sticks aroun anymore, I've kind of been forced to move over to composite.

I tried a demo for a new stick called Phenom, and it was by far the best I've used. I broke it, and refuse to spend what it costs.... why can't they give me unlimeted demos? :naughty:

Vapor 40 is pretty good to, and since it's cheaper, that's what I use now.

robat19

Dec 28, 2010
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I never realized how much higher Canadian prices were on sticks. An S19 at SportChek was close to $300. Is it like that everywhere, or just the SportChek I was at?

ahabian

Dec 21, 2009
Vapor 40 is pretty good to, and since it's cheaper, that's what I use now.

I've been looking to get this. It's on sale at the moment, so I could actually afford it. How sturdy is the blade? Generally, the stick feels super soft (too soft?).

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Alright... so, this is probably not going to get an answer, but I've been using Bauer sticks for quite a while (XXX, XXXX, One95) and always with a Naslund/Backstrom curve, 77/87 flex (I like having both options on the bench).

With regards to the topic the One95 is hands down the best I've ever used.

Anyhow, I was gifted a Kronwall curve One95. The lie is different and the curve is drastically different. Lately I'd been open to changing my curves as I wanted something a little flatter for the backhand, so I'm not opposed to giving it a shot, but does anyone have any insight into this specific curve? I feel like it's going to be pretty different and perhaps not worth using so that I can still return it and choose a p91a instead perhaps.

Burket23

May 18, 2010
South Carolina
I love the 7k, but I use the p42. No Grip.

I also like the warrior dolomites, but the blades are too weak. I went back to reebok before I could try the Spyne blade. I use the 9k right now, should of got the 11k.

the 11k is a dream, love it, more durable then the 10k but a lil heavy it feels

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I've been looking to get this. It's on sale at the moment, so I could actually afford it. How sturdy is the blade? Generally, the stick feels super soft (too soft?).

I'm coming from years of using very stiff - 120 to 150 flex - wooden sticks, and the 87 flex Vapor 40 is the first stick I've used that didn't seem flimsy to me.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
using a new x50 cut down to 115 malkin curve. way too stiff for me but its really lighter than i thought it would be and handles well. rips hard slappers with that high flex, can barely wrist em though. i need to get shooting.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Throwing this out here....... I am looking for a stick (preferably 1 pc, but would consider 2 pc set up). Here is what I have (pro stock 82 flex ONE95 - not bad, wouldn't mind a little more flex, also have an Easton SE 2 pc 85 flex - good flex on it, and a XXXX 77 flex which seems like it plays stiffer than the Easton). What do you guys think would be a good next stick that would play about the same as the SE shaft without going stiffer, that is going to be readily available and a reasonable price? I am not spending crazy amounts of cash on a stick. Doesn't have to be top line, but top line or 1 step down. Haven't tried a Warrior or RBK line of stick yet.

I really think I want to get my hands on a One95 in a 77.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Just bought a TotalOne the other day. 87 flex with a Kane curve. I've used it at one open hockey session, and I really like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad