Your favorite stick?

johnnyvegas

Sep 29, 2010
It's been ages since had one. Or any other wood stick.

My all time favourite is the Sherwood 5030.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Favorite stick I had was a game used Erik Karlsson S19...such a nice feel to it, shots were awesome...curve and flex was just right...the stick was just perfect...but I broke it after about a month or so...

I have a Brian Lee One95 that Ive had for over a year, use mainly as a backup stick...It has an awesome feel to it as well, but has been much more durable than the S19

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Just bought a Bauer Vapor X:60...I've been using a couple different Nike Bauer One90's for the past 3 years and absolutely loved them. So we'll see how I like the switch to the X:60.

robmneilson

Aug 27, 2009
www.robmneilson.com
I'm in the same boat, used to LOVE the One90 and then switched over to a lower flex x:60. I really love this stick...my shot has improved, but I did like the "pingy" puck feel from the one90 a bit more. But all in all, very happy with the change.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I just got a couple Oggie Ergo grips to review and these things are pretty fun. Adds a kickpoint up by the top hand. Need to use them a few more days for some feedback but digging them so far.

Stick #1 now is a Harrow 2-piece, 60 flex with a Forsberg curve
Stick #2 now is a Reebok 8k shaft with a Harrow #4 (mid-toe) curve

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
The X:60 is still probably my favorite stick that i've ever used. Not necessarily the best, but still the stick that i was more comfortable with which is the most important thing at the end of the day.

I also play a ton of roller/ball hockey, both outdoor and indoor on all kinds of different surfaces. Obviously most outdoor surfaces are too rough for pure composite blades (as well as wood blades.) Literally just 5 minutes on most outdoor surfaces will ruin those types of blades. Most good outdoor blades come on wood/fiberglass shafts, so they're obviously heavier than a composite. Koho had a few good lines out, especially if you're using a ball. The Torpedo 2260 was fairly light and had a good blade, but they're tough to find now. But the ideal stick that i've found for roller hockey is the old Montreal Nitro 8500. Hockeyworld.com (Perani's) sells them, and luckily i have 3 of their shops within a reasonable distance from me. All of the old Montreal's are on closeout so i now own 7 of them that i got for $30-40 a stick. Whether you're playing indoors or outdoors, with a puck or a ball, it's great for roller hockey. Unfortunately they'll be completely extinct before too long, thus my stockpiling of them. To my knowledge, very few 1-pieces made today have a blade that can withstand outdoor surfaces.

I've also used the Easton Synergy ABS blade on good shafts (x:60 and Dolomite) for roller, but i still prefer the feel of the Montreal 1-piece.

hctopcheds11

Oct 6, 2009
I don't think anyone can answer, "Which stick is the best?" because its all preference. For instance, there are people who absolutely love Easton sticks. I don't think I would use one unless it was given to me for practically free. I just hate everything about Easton twigs and they aren't built for my game/feel. On the other hand, I love Bauer sticks and thats consistently what I've used for about 5 or 6 years now. Some people hate Bauer.

If my opinion matters, which basically doesn't (see above), I'd say the best sticks I've used are:

1. Bauer Vapor X60
2. Bauer Vapor XXX Lite
3. Bauer Vapor XX

As far as patterns go, I've always been a fan of the Lindros pattern (aka P88) but its now known as the Kane pattern.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Been trying to find a TPS Response XN10, I remember loving that stick, really light weight and very responsive, can't find it anywhere though. Oh well.

hctopcheds11

Oct 6, 2009
Been trying to find a TPS Response XN10, I remember loving that stick, really light weight and very responsive, can't find it anywhere though. Oh well.

Once you find a stick you really fall in love with, it seems like they stop making it. Thats why I really would like to get my hands on a few X60's before they discontinue them.

TommyHabs

Sep 10, 2008
Sherwood RM19 were my favourite.

Now i bought the t90 and so far, I must admit i like it.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I decided to go back to the SE16 after I snapped my 11K the other day and I've come to realize that is the most amazing stick out there. I have tried the One95, 8.0.8, S19, 11K, Vapour XXXX and I never realized how much better it was for me over these ones.

I've been reading up on the new Reebok Ai9 coming out and I'm pretty excited to try it because from the sounds of it it should seem similar to the SE16. At least IMO. I really hope Reebok has done something for the durability of their blades though. I love Reebok sticks but the blades have always cracked on the tip of the blade for me.

Flyersfan1014

Jan 6, 2010
Reading PA
Wrist shot- TPS R2
Slap shot- Warrior Dolomite
Combo- Sherwood RM5

I would prefer the TPS out of those 3. They're the only ones I have any experience with and that's how they work best. The Warrior has a Savard curve though, so its pretty flat and wristers don't really work well for me like that. The TPS has a pretty decent slap shot too with Nash curve. Sherwood would be the best but its my heaviest stick and I've been using TPS for a long time now so I'm used to using the same stick.

Philybrook

Jul 8, 2010
G-town
The best stick I ever had was one of the first easton synergy that came on the market (the gold one). This stick was awesome, it lasted two seasons of competitive hockey. This stick was the *****. Since then I hated every stick that I bought. Right now I play with a warrior dolomite pro stock made for Sam Gagner. The feel is awesome but I don't like the blade pattern. I will go back to easton for sure since I tried every other brand and hated everyone of them.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2010
NJ
My favorite stick ever was my original yellow Synergy I got for Christmas like 10 years ago. My shot was the hardest with my s19 but those things only last a couple of months before they get real whippy and snap.

Rebels21

Jul 6, 2011
Garrison, New York
1 S17( haven't tried the S19 yet though)
2. Easton ST
3. Bauer One100 ( haven't used it too much yet but liked the feel when i did use it.
4. SE16( it broke the first ice session i used it but i liked it.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->