Your favorite stick?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Absolutely loving my one95 (have it in a 77 flex Kane curve, grip version), much less "pingy" than other composites I've used but still very light and with a nice snap on wristers. Not cheap at all, but you can get them on sale now that the new bauer sticks are out (one100 and totalone). Only real complaint is that the blade seems fairly susceptible to gouges from skates/other sticks, make sure to tape it up well with a good, thick tape (haven't had problems since using renfrew tape, which is pretty thick, but got some gouges that I repaired with epoxy when I was using 3M tape, which is much thinner). If you have an american address you can ship to they're pretty cheap here:

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BS95

And I think there's a code you can enter for an extra 10% off. If you live in Canada, though, you'll likely get hit with duty at the border if you buy off an american site.

Last edited:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Absolutely loving my one95 (have it in a 77 flex Kane curve, grip version), much less "pingy" than other composites I've used but still very light and with a nice snap on wristers. Not cheap at all, but you can get them on sale now that the new bauer sticks are out (one100 and totalone). Only real complaint is that the blade seems fairly susceptible to gouges from skates/other sticks, make sure to tape it up well with a good, thick tape (haven't had problems since using renfrew tape, which is pretty thick, but got some gouges that I repaired with epoxy when I was using 3M tape, which is much thinner). If you have an american address you can ship to they're pretty cheap here:

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BS95

And I think there's a code you can enter for an extra 10% off. If you live in Canada, though, you'll likely get hit with duty at the border if you buy off an american site.

Yea I have a one95 also that I use as my "secondary stick" and I don't mind it although I really wish I had gotten the grip version. I have a Backstrom curve 102 flex and I still find it pretty bendy. Really good for taking/giving passes and controling the puck.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I've used pretty much every stick on earth and these are my favorites:

1. Bauer Totalone
a. Easton S17
b. Bauer one95
3. Easton Synergy Elite

How long ago did this total one come out? I'm trying to find some videos on youtube and I can't find much information on it.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
I love my Bauer X:60, 77 flex cut down to about an 85 flex with a Kane curve and no grip. I can't wait until Warrior starts to sell blades of it's Gionta pattern so I can plug it into my X:60.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
OPS:
Favorite: Bauer one95. It's the best balanced stick, it has the best feel of any OPS made and the concentrated kickzone makes for an easy to load/shoot stick.

Honorable mention:
Easton SL/SE, Bauer X:60, CCM U+, CCM U+ CL
All of these are similar style sticks, the U+ and CL have the best feel out of them but the shafts break-in the most in category. The X:60 and SL/SE had stiffer blades, I'd say the X:60 kicks harder but has slightly worse feel for the puck.

Best Value(current): 2011 Warrior Dolomite DD. It is the same old Inno 1100, Vapor XX shaft but with the DD blade. They shoot well, not amazing but I'd put them on par with the "Honorable mention" sticks. The reason I separated this stick is because of the price point. This stick has better feel than any stick I've used with the exception of the Mission Pulse and the one95. When you pair that blade up with the proven Inno 1100 design shaft and sell it for around $150, you have a real winner.

I absolutely HATED the 9KO, S17 and SE16. I have used over 50 different HIGH-END OPS models and despite selling a lot of sticks over the past year I still own over 40 sticks so I've literally used nearly everything on the market since the gold Synergy came out. Three notable exceptions, the S19(because the S17 was soo bad I figured the S19 wasn't worth my time), the Reebok 11K and the Bauer TO OPS.

The 9KO was soo bad that I declined when I was offered a free one a month before they hit shelves. The S17 I accepted the free stick sight-unseen. I had it maybe three months before it came out and to this day I've used it maybe 5 times to coach... and complained about how much it sucked every time.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Any TPS Response. Why? Because I'm cheap and they last the longest. :P

Aside from weight, I never noticed a difference between the cheapest and most expensive sticks. Even then, some of the really cheap sticks still feel as light as the more expensive sticks. My problem is finding one that's light and durable.

At this point, I just like sticking with my TPS Response Nash curve Regular flex.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
My favorite so far is the One95, which is currently my backup stick since I used it for a full year and it got pretty dinged up. Right now I'm using a X:60, which is pretty damn nice, but I prefer the blade on the One95.

Some guy brought a TotalOne to pickup on Sunday, but since it was a senior 100 something flex and I use an INT 67 flex I can't really compare it to my current sticks. Personally I think it's ugly as hell, but who cares about that?

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Synergy ST, 100 flex.

Durable, retains that "bounce" longer than any other Easton I have tried.

Consistent and worry free.

As for grip vs non grip.... the only bad thing about grip sticks are that they eat through your gloves faster than non-grip.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Easton Stealth S5. For less than $100 it's a pretty decent composite stick.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Tough call, as I am super picky about sticks, plus on a bit of a budget right now too.....

Currently use a Synergy Elite shaft with SE16 blade - like the feel of the shaft (85 flex - cut down 2 or 3 inches) - love the Drury pattern. Good flex, no problems with it. Also have a Bauer XXXX OPS - 77 flex - feels stiffer than my Easton, and not so sure I like it very much. I am wanting to get my hands on a One95 though. I have heard it's a great shooting stick, great feel and best blade too.

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
U+CL I have two retail U+CL's and two pro stock Reebok 10K's which are U+CL's with a reebok paint job. The balance is terriffic, not distorted like some of the older super light one pieces, and the puck jumps off like a damn missile. They are now the only sticks that I use in games. Outperformed anything Easton sells by a massive margin IMO

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
U+CL I have two retail U+CL's and two pro stock Reebok 10K's which are U+CL's with a reebok paint job. The balance is terriffic, not distorted like some of the older super light one pieces, and the puck jumps off like a damn missile. They are now the only sticks that I use in games. Outperformed anything Easton sells by a massive margin IMO
Not at all from my own experience, but I've heard the U+CLs are very fragile, any problems with sticks breaking?

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
Not at all from my own experience, but I've heard the U+CLs are very fragile, any problems with sticks breaking?
Not really. The U+ broke like a pencil, but the U+CL is an entirely different, and improved in all areas, stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad