Your favorite stick?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I loved the TPS Rubber-Response before it was discontinued. I also liked the RBK 6K, but again it was discontinued. Ever since (and before the other ones) I've used Easton Synergy's.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I think the comfort zone is about 1" below the nose for me. It seems with lighter and better balanced sticks I can go a little longer for stickhandling, and that can generate a bit more power on the shot.

I found my shot power went way down with the Sakic curve compared to the Drury. So I've tried just about everything and the Drury just has so much more power on wrist and slap shots. Don't know why, it just does. A goalie friend said he was surprised how weak my shot was with the Sakic because it's usually pretty strong, so I switched and immediately the power went up. Just need to work a lot more on controlling the height of the puck in game situations.

The Ovechkin looks nuts...I saw the Kremlin in person and it's just crazy. I can see how he would get a lot of power and unpredictable release with that thing, especially with the super whippy sticks. But I have a tough time controlling the Drury in game, I can only imagine adding a curved blade component...

gintonic

Jan 16, 2009
I posted an inquiry here about a year ago or so regarding Warrior sticks. Have since tried a couple and I have to say that they're great. They do everything right with their sticks from my experience; the weight, the feel, grip, durability, etc.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I think the comfort zone is about 1" below the nose for me. It seems with lighter and better balanced sticks I can go a little longer for stickhandling, and that can generate a bit more power on the shot.

I found my shot power went way down with the Sakic curve compared to the Drury. So I've tried just about everything and the Drury just has so much more power on wrist and slap shots. Don't know why, it just does. A goalie friend said he was surprised how weak my shot was with the Sakic because it's usually pretty strong, so I switched and immediately the power went up. Just need to work a lot more on controlling the height of the puck in game situations.

The Ovechkin looks nuts...I saw the Kremlin in person and it's just crazy. I can see how he would get a lot of power and unpredictable release with that thing, especially with the super whippy sticks. But I have a tough time controlling the Drury in game, I can only imagine adding a curved blade component...
I should really give heel wedges another try, but the only one I've ever used is the Sherwood LI-PP5 curve, which I think is basically an Easton Lidstrom, and I didn't like it at all, even after using it for a few months.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

I had the SE16 with the Drury curve and noticed the same thing however I often shot way too high because of the heel curve.. I had a wicked shot with it though.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Just bought my first one peice stick. CCM U+ 07 Tavares pattern... I flat out love this stick.

I was using the PM9 pattern or the Zetterberg pattern but I was having trouble getting in close to the goalie and putting it under the crossbar. Now I'm back to picking corners and to my surprise I didn't lose my back hand.

Its funny how once your hands are happy... it will make your legs go...

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
For Warrior what blade type is closet to the easton iginla?

Easton-Blade-Chart-2010.jpg

Warrior-Blade-Patterns-new.jpg

Based on their charts I'd say the Robitaille pattern matches closely. On visual evidence though, I'd say Savard or Vanek. What do you think?

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Kovalchuk would be the closest, although it's a longer blade and a bigger curve.

I'm not so sure about that,

Iginla: Mid, Moderate, Closed Face, 5 Lie, Round Toe
Kovalchuk: Heel, Deep, Closed Face, 4 Lie, Round Toe

The only similarity I see is a round toe really...

Last edited:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Warrior doesn't have an Iglina clone. The two closest are Savard and Kovalchuk, but the Savard is a Forsberg clone (mid-heel) and the Kovalchuk is a deeper mid curve.

Also, the Kovalchuk is a 5 to 5.5 lie with a closed face:

IMG_0114.jpg

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
This is without a doubt my favorite stick/pattern... Wish I purchased more back in 2001-now if I could find these sticks around I'd stockpile like crazy !!!!

GLG

Last edited:

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
This is without a doubt my favorite stick/pattern... Wish I purchased more back in 2001-now if I could find these sticks around I'd stockpile like crazy !!!!

GLG

I've still got mine! In right hand though, it is a good stick, I'm gonna have to pull it out of the bin for a stick and puck here one day

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
fav stick ive used so far is my current one95

everything feels right about it, nice wieght, feel, durability, good lie and flex for me

not sure of the curve of the top of my head butits a malkin (i think pm8 or pm9), has done wonders for improving my shot , i have always had a pretty dirttty wrister and snapper but my slapshot and backhander has deff improved ... good all around blade

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I broke my One95. I'm very sad. I have to find something to replace the best stick I've ever used, and I don't think I'm going to. :shakehead

Any suggestions? TotalOne is the most obvious choice, but...$250? Man.

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
i got an insane steal ($130) on a warrior dolomite spyne grip with the draper curve. 70 flex too, so just right for my height.

light stick, super balanced and improved my accuracy right out of the box (dunno if it's that spyne thing or not). reebok's sickkick gives me a stronger shot, but not as accurate, so i'm sticking with the warrior.

this blue-black wonder is my fav stick at the moment. let's see how long it lasts.

jwitz04

Jan 18, 2011

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I love my Vapor X:60
So Light *drools*

Problem is, is that I got it free from the minor hockey board at the end of last season for being most sportsmen like on my team. When it brakes, I will be too cheap to buy a new one because I have a lot of dutch blood running through my veins.

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
Vapor X:20
I have this stick, and love it. Love the low kick on it, and it's barely heavier than the X:60, but 1/4th the price of it.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-hockey-stick-vapor-x20-stickum-s10-sr.html

Hate to be a party pooper but the X:20 won't come close to the feel of the one95! And it's significantly heavier than the X:60!

$250 is steep for that totalone. Try looking for some pro stock sticks if you're not picky with the pattern. Or I think most 2010 10K's are on for about 150-170 C$ right now. It's a nice stick.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hate to be a party pooper but the X:20 won't come close to the feel of the one95! And it's significantly heavier than the X:60!

$250 is steep for that totalone. Try looking for some pro stock sticks if you're not picky with the pattern. Or I think most 2010 10K's are on for about 150-170 C$ right now. It's a nice stick.

I picked up a One100, and to be honest, I can't really tell the difference between that and a One95. It feels a TINY bit heavier, but the feel and my shot are pretty much identical. Only used it one game, but right now I'm happy.

By the way, the X:20 is a lead pipe compared to the One95. About 100 grams heavier, plus it's a low kick point, and not a mid? Vapor blades are also quite different from Supreme blades from what I've seen.

WeWillWinTonight

Apr 2, 2008
NY
I picked up a One100, and to be honest, I can't really tell the difference between that and a One95. It feels a TINY bit heavier, but the feel and my shot are pretty much identical. Only used it one game, but right now I'm happy.

By the way, the X:20 is a lead pipe compared to the One95. About 100 grams heavier, plus it's a low kick point, and not a mid? Vapor blades are also quite different from Supreme blades from what I've seen.

Im pretty sure the One100 is the same thing as the One95, don't remember where I heard it or if it is true though.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I find that some of the heavier sticks last a lot longer, which is really fine by me, I'm not playing a very high level of hockey. I work at a hockey store though, and the ones that seem to sell the most are the high end sticks (X:60, S19, TotalONE) and then sticks like the X:20, 6K, and the S5. Seems the middle level sticks aren't purchased very much, which makes sense I suppose. Either go top of the line or cheapest you can find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->