Speculation: Your choice for a new coach

Caribbeerman

May 16, 2007
Trinidad, WI
Craig MacTavish - first off he is a great coach - just as good as anyone available right now. Secondly it would offer him so much insight into the team (good and bad) which would help him as GM. This team continues to be broken and it's going to take something significant to fix it.

Feb 9, 2013
Craig MacTavish - first off he is a great coach - just as good as anyone available right now. Secondly it would offer him so much insight into the team (good and bad) which would help him as GM. This team continues to be broken and it's going to take something significant to fix it.

I hope that you are being facetious... I really do.

"Great coach?"

Good grief, what has this season come to that people are calling for Mactavish's return behind the bench.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
If Eakins goes as he should, the simplest move would be to have Ramsay in for the interim with Nelson stepping in as assistant with an eye to an open competition in the off season.

Feb 9, 2013
Dan Bylsma. Bring in some experience instead of rookie who cares more about his hair than winning games.

I get the impression that MacTavish is far to arrogant to admit his mistakes... supported by six-ring Lowe who seems the epitome of arrogance.

If MacTavish wanted hair he should have hired Katz's kid as the mascot...

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Can Lowe, replace with nicholson

then get rid of acton and eakins and please find someone who doesnt completely blow choads, anyone

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I get the impression that MacTavish is far to arrogant to admit his mistakes... supported by six-ring Lowe who seems the epitome of arrogance.

If MacTavish wanted hair he should have hired Katz's kid as the mascot...

This is far from the truth. He's moves last season with the goaltenders was evidence enough that he is willing to move on from mistakes.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Who cares. It will fix nothing.

Team needs a full reset. Players, Management, Coaching.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oilers need to fire everyone.

....Here's an idea. Since the Oilers are trying "new" things... Why not just go with no GM and no coach?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
ylMeMrn.gif

th

3)Craig Mactavish - don't think he wants to coach anymore but probably should be forced to after spending close to the cap on an awful hockey team.
th

Craig MacTavish - first off he is a great coach -
th

Haven't we been through enough already? Some of you want to bring MacT back as coach?
I've had my Oiler fandom tested many times but MacT going back behind the bench might be the tipping point for me. No just NO.

I'll go back to a name that was overlooked by Oilers management the first time around. What about Brent Sutter? We know for sure that he will hold players accountable.
Babcock is a pipedream mainly because, why would he ever want to take this job?
I can't imagine that many veteran coaches would be willing to come here. Awful management that hires and then fires coaches as if it's a normal boodily function, an owner who is a fanboy and won't hold anybody accountable for failure and a core of players who seemingly refuse to listen to coaches orders and lack any willingness to buy into any sort of system.

I only say Brent Sutter because it seemed like a job that he wanted not too long ago and he has ties to the area.
I like Todd Nelson but another rookie coach isn't the answer.

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
I seriously miss Ralph Krueger. It was a mistake to dismiss him so quickly. He had good results on special teams as assistant, and did well as a rookie coach in comparison.

If this team nose dives for the next 17 games this becomes realistic if MacT wants to keep his job, I would give Dan Bylsma or Crawford a short contract or give Nelson a chance as a assistant or coach. Acton would need to go with Dallas imo.

I concur. After the improvement we seen under Krueger I was hoping we would get to see another year of him moving the team in the right direction. If that failed, then fine, let him go and pick a coach from what was an very deep list of quality guys.

Can you imagine if this team had Trotz for a coach? You could bet our team defense would no longer look like a ducks dink. Trotz has a way of getting blood from a stone, did it in Nashville for years and no doubt in my mind he would make the Oilers at least appear to be a competent team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: