GDT: Young Stars Game 3! Oilers vs Jets 12:30 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
This game could be a bloodbath. Oilers young guys getting destroyed.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Crap teams generally get crap coverage.

Honestly Gene is usually the best thing about Oilers games. Because there's almost no enjoyment otherwise.

I've watched local Panthers broadcasts on Centre Ice that have much, much more actual discussion about the game than an Oiler broadcast. Gene and Kevin turn it into a clown show.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I've watched local Panthers broadcasts on Centre Ice that have much, much more actual discussion about the game than an Oiler broadcast. Gene and Kevin turn it into a clown show.

Correction: The Oilers turned it into a clown show.

When you watch the same trash team year after year, what is there to discuss? There are games when you can just smell the apathy coming from Sportsnet.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Correction: The Oilers turned it into a clown show.

When you watch the same trash team year after year, what is there to discuss? There are games when you can just smell the apathy coming from Sportsnet.

The Panthers broadcast team manages to talk hockey. ALL other broadcasts that I've watched manage to talk hockey regardless of team performance. Gene talks about who went to the most recent Taylor Swift concert.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Panthers broadcast team manages to talk hockey. ALL other broadcasts that I've watched manage to talk hockey regardless of team performance. Gene talks about who went to the most recent Taylor Swift concert.

Again, not much to discuss.

"This is not a recording. The Oilers got thumped by the Flames in embarrassing fashion."

The team has been so bad for so long the broadcasts have to actively distract us from how bad they really are. I wouldn't be surprised if Lowe was paying Sportsnet under the table to find anything to distract the crew from discussing the issues at hand.

Hell if it wasn't for McDavid this year would just be more of the same. And even then it's not a guarantee this won't be another sub 75 point season.

Like I said, Gene was the best part of the broadcast for a lengthy period of time because the team was so mindbendingly horrible that it wasn't even worth tuning in for anything other than Gene.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Maybe I missed it, but I think I heard Slepyshev's name exactly one time that period.

For a 21 year old with his KHL numbers, he can't afford to be a complete ghost like he has.

And maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm not being impressed by Caleb Jones. He's had some decent rushes where he's shown his athleticism, but in his own end he's made multiple glaring errors in this tourney. He's definitely a long term project.

Really liked Platzer's effort level in that period, had some great PK work in one sequence, was physical and showed some good confidence bringing the puck up ice.

Draisaitl was very strong, but he really needs someone who can finish what he starts. He may as well tell his wingers to go back on defense and help the dmen out for all the good they're doing him.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Maybe I missed it, but I think I heard Slepyshev's name exactly one time that period.

For a 21 year old with his KHL numbers, he can't afford to be a complete ghost like he has.

And maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm not being impressed by Caleb Jones. He's had some decent rushes where he's shown his athleticism, but in his own end he's made multiple glaring errors in this tourney. He's definitely a long term project.

Really liked Platzer's effort level in that period, had some great PK work in one sequence, was physical and showed some good confidence bringing the puck up ice.

Draisaitl was very strong, but he really needs someone who can finish what he starts. He may as well tell his wingers to go back on defense and help the dmen out for all the good they're doing him.

He hasn't played much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1