Proposal: Young defensive/mobile LHD for Jonathan Drouin

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Like I said, do the board a favor.

Why are you speaking on behalf of "the board" after proposing that we'd add Gallagher to Drouin for Nino and Brodin? :laugh:

Are you implying that you have some sort of understanding of the game after that laughable statement that you made? Anyways, I'm done wasting my time replying to you.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Why are you speaking on behalf of "the board" after proposing that we'd add Gallagher to Drouin for Nino and Brodin? :laugh:

Are you implying that you have some sort of understanding of the game after that laughable statement that you made? Anyways, I'm done wasting my time replying to you.
Are you suggesting that Gallagher is worth more than Brodin and Niederreiter combined? Because that would make it real easy to figure out who actually understands the game.

Reactions: bert

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Are you suggesting that Gallagher is worth more than Brodin and Niederreiter combined? Because that would make it real easy to figure out who actually understands the game.
After reading your comments it's obvious that you don't know what your talking about.
Please make HF board a favor and don't reply on this tread anymore.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Habs have an excess of wingers and we're lacking a good defensive/puck moving presence on the blue line, anyone good available?

Could also take a lower value defensive LHD (still has to be young and have good upside) plus a winger for Drouin.
Drouin is sure not for sale at this point in time.
Weber is comming back in a month and we have decent Dman moving the puck like Petry,Mete,Reilly.
With that defense line i think we are in business for the next 3 years.
Mete-Weber
Ouelette-Petry
Reilly-Julssen

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
What are examples of defensive PMD? Seems a bit contradictory...

Like, maybe just build a puck passing robot that sits like a pylon near the goal but whips any puck it touches to a teammate.
Vlasic, Slavin, Suter... Just stylistic examples. Not common players though.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I like Theodore but moving Drouin for him 1 for 1 makes me feel uneasy tbh (and Vegas doesn't really have a winger that could even out the value, i like Haula/Tuch but Vegas wouldn't do that deal unless we added something to Drouin).

I've also liked Nic Hague since his draft year, even tho he's not a puck mover. Obviously love Brannstrom but i assume he wouldn't be available.
Maybe they could work some value evening adds in there, but it seems like the teams would be good trade partners (no real rivalry and in separate conferences) and Vegas does definitely need scoring up front so I could see them taking a lot of interest if the Habs were shopping Drouin. These two teams feel like natural trade partners and I imagine there is a good "hockey deal" to be had somewhere in there, and I say this as a guy who is a fan of neither team.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If you're that delusional about the value of players, do everyone a favor and stay on the Habs board.

Ironic saying that. Gallaghers value to Montreal is worth more to them than both those players combined. NN has really low value right now, he had a 36pt year last year and I haven't seen him play any more than as a middle six winger since his breakout season two years ago. Brodin is a nice addition, solid top 4 d. Is the difference between him plus NN enough to make a top 10 re in the league? I don't think so.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ironic saying that. Gallaghers value to Montreal is worth more to them than both those players combined. NN has really low value right now, he had a 36pt year last year and I haven't seen him play any more than as a middle six winger since his breakout season two years ago. Brodin is a nice addition, solid top 4 d. Is the difference between him plus NN enough to make a top 10 re in the league? I don't think so.
Gallagher isn’t a top 10 RW, assuming that’s what you meant by “re”, in the NHL. Saying so is awfully misinformed.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Gallagher isn’t a top 10 RW, assuming that’s what you meant by “re”, in the NHL. Saying so is awfully misinformed.

Name 10 you'd take over him.

Laine, Pasta, Kuch, Stone, Tarasenko, Wheeler, Marner, Rantenen, Gallagher, Boeser are probably the top 10 I think, I wouldn't take anyone outside the top 10 over Gallagher.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Analytically (by basically any measure) and most prognosticators consider him a top-10 RW. Not sure what you're on about.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Name 10 you'd take over him.

Laine, Pasta, Kuch, Stone, Tarasenko, Wheeler, Marner, Rantenen, Gallagher, Boeser are probably the top 10 I think, I wouldn't take anyone outside the top 10 over Gallagher.
Kucherov, Kessel, Wheeler, Pastrnak, P. Kane, Laine, Marner, Granlund, Tarasenko, Stone, Voracek, Rantanen, Dadanov, etc. I would love to hear the arguments for Gallagher over Patrick Kane and Phil Kessel though. Then you get into the tier where Gallagher is at with Nylander, Boeser, Zuccarrello, etc.
Analytically (by basically any measure) and most prognosticators consider him a top-10 RW. Not sure what you're on about.
What's your sample size?

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Drouin for Chychrun and maybe small +?

Not that i want to trade Chych, it's just fun to speculate

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
The Blues have prospects that might entice you if part of a package. Perunovich, Walman, and Mikkola are all quite mobile, although each have a distinct weakness to their game. Dunn is probably more in line with what you want, but I don't think the Blues would part with him unless they know one of the mentioned before can take over Dunn's minutes.

I am fully aware that the three would need to be part of some bigger deal to snag Drouin, and the Blues would need to trade a forward to fit Drouin. It's not very likely to happen, but I thought I would throw that into the conversation.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Habs have an excess of wingers and we're lacking a good defensive/puck moving presence on the blue line, anyone good available?

Could also take a lower value defensive LHD (still has to be young and have good upside) plus a winger for Drouin.
Brodin

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
Ducks need more creativity at forward. Not sure they could offer much of a package to entice Habs, though, as we need our two Top4 LD (Fowler, Lindholm).

Best I can do is a package:

Jacob Larsson (I think he will end up a Top4 in NHL)
Nick Ritchie
+ draft pick ?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Kucherov, Kessel, Wheeler, Pastrnak, P. Kane, Laine, Marner, Granlund, Tarasenko, Stone, Voracek, Rantanen, Dadanov, etc. I would love to hear the arguments for Gallagher over Patrick Kane and Phil Kessel though. Then you get into the tier where Gallagher is at with Nylander, Boeser, Zuccarrello, etc.

What's your sample size?

Beginning of '16-'17 to current (since that allows us to fairly include younger guys).

You're free to value players as you please (as we all do). But know that Habs fans wouldn't do Gallagher for Granlund plus.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Beginning of '16-'17 to current (since that allows us to fairly include younger guys).

You're free to value players as you please (as we all do). But know that Habs fans wouldn't do Gallagher for Granlund plus.
That’s okay, cause Minnesota isn’t interested in trading their best forward, especially for a downgrade.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

What's your sample size?

I'd take Gallagher over Granlund, Kessel, and Dadanov. Nothing against any of those guys, Kessel especially, but Gallagher is a special type of player. He creates offense from nothing, he's likely had the least minutes of anyone in the top 10 and still produced 31 goals last year (and similiar pace is previous seasons) without the luxury of having linemates who can set him up. Better idea, I'll show you why Gallagher is underrated. See the screenshot below, see how Gallagher played with low quality teammates and still was impressive in nearly every way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-07-14-16-17.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-07-14-16-17.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad