Proposal: Young defensive/mobile LHD for Jonathan Drouin

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yes, that can be true. Lehkonen is a good teammate example of that. Performed well on third line, almost no scoring since. Gallagher does well though in increased roles. Ah well, he's finally been given top line minutes with decent teammates this year, we shall see what his numbers look like in April. If my predictions hold true, he should reach 55 pts no problem
I decided to create a poll on Granlund vs Gallagher after you called me a homer for my player: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mikael-granlund-vs-brendan-gallagher.2565919/#post-151847047

It was closed due to a lopsided result in Granlund’s favor.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
What are examples of defensive PMD? Seems a bit contradictory...

Like, maybe just build a puck passing robot that sits like a pylon near the goal but whips any puck it touches to a teammate.

I'd say Joel Edmundson, but I may be a tad biased. A rounded Dman, who prefers to stay at home, but can still join the play and contribute. Not elite by any means, but a decent top 4 complementary player.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
As a fan of a team who had some pretty insane D prospect depth, i would heavily advise against trading your eggs before they hatch. Its nice to think everyone will work out and on-time, but thats just not the case. Furthermore, good NHL players are generally worth more than promising prospects.

I understand that with Price and Weber getting up there, you want to make the push (again, similar situation here), but im just not sure trading one now would be the right move.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Habs still wouldn’t make that trade even with an add from Minny. Give it up buttercup
Lol that is rich. Granular has more value than anyone on the Habs. Gallagher would be utterly redundant on Wild. We already have Parise, Zucker, Coyle, Nino as 45-60 pt two-way wingers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
great that we got the whole Gallagher/Granlund thing settled. Neither side wants to trade their player for the other. Phew!:rolleyes:

Back to the OP. I think MTL should target Scandella. Apparently he has had a slow start to the season, and other D have been playing better, so he might be a lot cheaper than he would've been last year. He is more defensive than offensive, but can handle the puck, and is a decent, though awkward looking skater. He is a decent top 4 Dman, and sometimes better than that.

Sabres might convince themselves that Bogosian and McCabe are good enough to go along with Ristolainen, Dahlin, Guhle, etc.. Don't know what he'd cost...wouldn't be a Drouin. Maybe get Scandella +Nylander for Drouin+2nd? Something like that.

FWIW, I think it would be a mistake for BUF to trade Scandella.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Habs still wouldn’t make that trade even with an add from Minny. Give it up buttercup
Well that would be really dumb on Montreal’s part if Minnesota was ever brain dead enough to propose such a trade. Good thing Minnesota doesn’t have Bergevin for a GM.

It wasn’t a proposal. This whole argument started with a habs fan claiming that Gallagher was a top 10 RW. He isn’t, and probably never will be.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm asking what the asking price is for Sanheim and Myers...?

Ahh I thought you meant Drouin would both worth both.

It's too hard to gauge value of young defensemen like them because one is just getting an expanded NHL role slowly but surely now (Sanheim) and the other is in the AHL waiting for that first call-up (Myers).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->