You guys taking any applications for new fans..?

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Especially when he says he's having tough issues right now and just needs some happy.
this isn't about what you'd do if the Leafs were poo.
this is about us accepting someone who just needs a happy and part of that happy is watching a good team and good management and ownership. that's the least we can do.

Exactly put.

Though I will echo what others have said in this thread; there's no going back from this, and you're with us ride or die.

Of course you can still passively boost Ottawa, but you can't cheer against the Leafs now...

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I see a negative post above, and I honestly get it. I'm a turn cloak.

But the one thing I'll say in my defense right now, is that the hopelessness of the Sens right now is greater than it's ever been for the leafs (not counting the Ballard years, which I cant comment on).

The feeling of being hopelessly broke, and financially incapable of competing in the league is something you guys never had to deal with. Paying your stars their worth is always an option at your disposal.

At this point the Sens are a glorified farm team for the real teams in the league.

I can deal with bad management and flamboyant owners who meddle. But I'm not getting attached to any more players on a team that has no intention or the ability to retain them after they've developed into stars.

The saddest part is that it doesn't have to be that way. The salary cap works as intended for the small market teams, if their not owned by Eugene Melnyk that is.
Leaf fans are diverse. Most will welcome you and some will not. Everyone has their own opinion. coming from another team you might have been under the impression that we have a hive mind, but everyone here has their own opinion. We even argue among ourselves and sometimes the only thing we have in common is our love of the Leafs. Also, there are some trolls who pretend to be leaf fans too; they usually stick to the public boards though. Again welcome!

Reactions: Garthinater

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I just want to point out the Sens are tanking for Colorado this year.
Band-aid has to be pulled off some time. Tying the Sens future to more long term contracts just to prevent yet another botch will only make things worse.
This is the same crap Burke pulled with the Kessel & Phaneuf contracts when it blatantly obvious Leafs needed a complete rebuild.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
After today, I welcome any Sens fan. Rivalries aren't any fun when one team is in shambles.
Didn't seem to bother opposing fan bases when they moped the floor with the leafs all those years. Personally I will enjoy the humiliation the Habs will suffer at the hands of the leafs during each encounter.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
First off guys, yes, Im a Sens fan. At least a former one..Asking if its cool if I jump on the bandwagon over here?

Trust me when I say this is incredibly embarrassing, and demeaning, and the last thing on the planet that I pictured myself doing 10 years ago. I can take the names that I will surely be called, I probably deserve them too (I've been a harsh leaf critic before in the past).

But when times are tough and you've hit rock bottom, some things need to change. Going through some hard times in the real world, my moms battling an aggressive cancer, and Im the only one here for her (single mom/only child growing up).

The Sens and hockey have always been an amazing escape for me. And this year more than ever I was counting on them to help me through what are going to be the most difficult days in my life. I needed something to take my mind off of things.

And after one week of paying attention to hockey again (took a long break away after last season ended), they have failed me in the most horrific ways possible. And I cant take the extra negativity anymore.

And I flat out refuse to support the Melnyk run Sens in any way now, and this will not change until all traces of him are gone. Their lying ways need to be punished, and they cant be trusted to do a proper rebuild (as evidence by the trade today).

More reasons to accept me;

#1 - Had a goldfish and guppy named Doug and Wendel at age 7 (moms bf at the time was a leafs fan). Dont remember which was which unfortunately, only that the goldfish jumped out of his bowl one day and died. He was all dried up in a sunny patch on the floor. I cried for him.

#2 - I dont live in Ottawa, Im a Sudbury guy born and raised, and its very much a leafs town up here. So instead of standing out, I can just blend in with the rest of ya's.

#3 - Enough is enough with the American cities winning the cup. If Ottawa doesnt have the resources to bring the cup back to Canada, then I will support another Canadian franchise that does. Johnny T, Marner and Kadri are good Ontario boys that I can really get behind.

So anyways guys, please be gentle, its been a rough week.. ;)

GO leafs GO..? Am I doing this right?

There's always room for more in leafs nation. Welcome aboard

member 300185

First off guys, yes, Im a Sens fan. At least a former one..Asking if its cool if I jump on the bandwagon over here?

Trust me when I say this is incredibly embarrassing, and demeaning, and the last thing on the planet that I pictured myself doing 10 years ago. I can take the names that I will surely be called, I probably deserve them too (I've been a harsh leaf critic before in the past).

But when times are tough and you've hit rock bottom, some things need to change. Going through some hard times in the real world, my moms battling an aggressive cancer, and Im the only one here for her (single mom/only child growing up).

The Sens and hockey have always been an amazing escape for me. And this year more than ever I was counting on them to help me through what are going to be the most difficult days in my life. I needed something to take my mind off of things.

And after one week of paying attention to hockey again (took a long break away after last season ended), they have failed me in the most horrific ways possible. And I cant take the extra negativity anymore.

And I flat out refuse to support the Melnyk run Sens in any way now, and this will not change until all traces of him are gone. Their lying ways need to be punished, and they cant be trusted to do a proper rebuild (as evidence by the trade today).

#1 - Had a goldfish and guppy named Doug and Wendel at age 7 (moms bf at the time was a leafs fan). Dont remember which was which unfortunately, only that the goldfish jumped out of his bowl one day and died. He was all dried up in a sunny patch on the floor. I cried for him.

#2 - I dont live in Ottawa, Im a Sudbury guy born and raised, and its very much a leafs town up here. So instead of standing out, I can just blend in with the rest of ya's.

#3 - Enough is enough with the American cities winning the cup. If Ottawa doesnt have the resources to bring the cup back to Canada, then I will support another Canadian franchise that does. Johnny T, Marner and Kadri are good Ontario boys that I can really get behind.

Sorry to hear about your mom. My mom did the same thing and didnt turn out too well.

member 300185

We're just taking resumes right now, but I have a good feeling about you, you look like a straight shooter so you're in.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Do you have superhero powers or did you just see the posting online and thought it looked like fun? Just kiddin, you made an excellent choice! Welcome to the family!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Welcome. You're coming in at a very exciting time.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Welcome to the jungle, enjoy. Don't listen to the negative posters, they never learned to share. If Ottawa ever improves again:sarcasm: you may very well have to make a hard choice.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Now now. God created the Leafs and they are meant to be shared with everyone. Someone should set up a fan recruitment thread on the main board to invite others to abandon their folly of cheering for a different team. When the party starts after the cup I don't want to feel guilty that anyone was left behind

That’s actually a golden idea- with a special invite to Isles fans.

Reactions: LeaffaninQuebec

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Welcome! You may get chirped a bit, but that will only be just the beginning, it'll all be worth it watching the team compete for years to come!
Now if a Habs fan wanted to join on the other hand...

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don’t remember choosing to be a Leaf fan, always assumed it was a sentence for something I did in a previous life

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

The more the merrier! Welcome to the party.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

Alway, always, the more the merrier.

Welcome aboard.

Someone should contact you shortly regarding orientation.

Reactions: iSophagus

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I think Sens fans need a collective hug right now. Times are rough. We're the bigger sibling. Let's show them some love.

Nope. Not after their arrogant radio advert in 2016 mocking us for cheering the Leafs while Ottawa was in deep in the playoffs. The arrogance of that fan base to think that they would never have a down slope and that they did everything right while we did everything wrong? They are choking on much needed humble pie, and to be honest? If they don't have the balls to stick through a likely short term down slope they have no business having a hockey team.

Fold it and move it to Quebec.

We suffered under worse conditions with Ballard that lasted 30 years.

30!

I doubt this down slope lasts 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad