You guys taking any applications for new fans..?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Love to have you. Hopefully sens come back from this one day and you can cheer for your team again...the way it should be.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Having endured the Harold Ballard era in Toronto, I understand no fan should have to endure what you have had to put up with Ottawa's owner. I'm sure many of us can sympathize with what you've been going through. Climb aboard. And there will be no hard feelings (at least from me) when your old team is out from under its Ballardesque ownership and you feel like returning.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
And where are these cookies that you speak of? Asking for a friend..
Sorry to hear about your mom. I've been there. Stay strong and love her every bit at every moment.
And here are your cookies. Welcome to the dark side
rnf-chocolatechip-cookie.jpg

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Love to have you. Hopefully sens come back from this one day and you can cheer for your team again...the way it should be.

Thanks man. Thats obviously my dream one day, to cheer for my team and be proud of them again one day. But unfortunately there is simply no accountability in a small market like Ottawa, so who knows if/when that day will ever come.

So as long as thats not going to be a shock to all my new friends here if that day ever comes, Im more than happy to tag along for what looks to be a fun ride these upcoming years. It will probably be the best chance to celebrate a cup in my lifetime at this rate.

Reactions: iSophagus

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
First off guys, yes, Im a Sens fan. At least a former one..Asking if its cool if I jump on the bandwagon over here?

Trust me when I say this is incredibly embarrassing, and demeaning, and the last thing on the planet that I pictured myself doing 10 years ago. I can take the names that I will surely be called, I probably deserve them too (I've been a harsh leaf critic before in the past).

But when times are tough and you've hit rock bottom, some things need to change. Going through some hard times in the real world, my moms battling an aggressive cancer, and Im the only one here for her (single mom/only child growing up).

The Sens and hockey have always been an amazing escape for me. And this year more than ever I was counting on them to help me through what are going to be the most difficult days in my life. I needed something to take my mind off of things.

And after one week of paying attention to hockey again (took a long break away after last season ended), they have failed me in the most horrific ways possible. And I cant take the extra negativity anymore.

And I flat out refuse to support the Melnyk run Sens in any way now, and this will not change until all traces of him are gone. Their lying ways need to be punished, and they cant be trusted to do a proper rebuild (as evidence by the trade today).

More reasons to accept me;

#1 - Had a goldfish and guppy named Doug and Wendel at age 7 (moms bf at the time was a leafs fan). Dont remember which was which unfortunately, only that the goldfish jumped out of his bowl one day and died. He was all dried up in a sunny patch on the floor..

#2 - I dont live in Ottawa, Im a Sudbury guy born and raised, and its very much a leafs town up here. So instead of standing out, I can just blend in with the rest of ya's.

#3 - Enough is enough with the American cities winning the cup. If Ottawa doesnt have the resources to bring the cup back to Canada, then I will support another Canadian franchise that does. Johnny T, Marner and Kadri are good Ontario boys that I can really get behind.

So anyways guys, please be gentle, its been a rough week.. ;)

GO leafs GO..? Am I doing this right?
Welcome aboard sir. You picked a great time!

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
But when times are tough and you've hit rock bottom, some things need to change. Going through some hard times in the real world, my moms battling an aggressive cancer, and Im the only one here for her (single mom/only child growing up).

My sincere condolences. And by all means come on over! Leafs Nation can never by too big.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Thanks man. Thats obviously my dream one day, to cheer for my team and be proud of them again one day. But unfortunately there is simply no accountability in a small market like Ottawa, so who knows if/when that day will ever come.

So as long as thats not going to be a shock to all my new friends here if that day ever comes, Im more than happy to tag along for what looks to be a fun ride these upcoming years. It will probably be the best chance to celebrate a cup in my lifetime at this rate.
It has been a cruel fate that I was born exactly 1 week after the leafs won the cup last.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Welcome!

I won't judge, but am very curious: if the Sens become good again, do you switch back to cheering for the red and white?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Welcome!

I won't judge, but am very curious: if the Sens become good again, do you switch back to cheering for the red and white?

I guess we will have to see, but I would lean towards yes. But who knows what can change between now and then.

Maybe the leafs win a few cups and some of my best memories in my early 30's end up being celebrating cups wins with some of my closest friends from around home. Ive never cheered with my buddies, always been rivals so to speak. Im basically the only real Sens fan I know, at least the only one who watches the games regularly.

I might like the added luxury of having dozens of friends and colleagues to chat hockey with.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Welcome to the jungle. It can get bizarre here at times, just wait for the post game threads :laugh:. But you've picked an exciting time to jump aboard. Good luck with the personal sh*t, and don't forget to give your mom a hug.

chatty4756

Apr 6, 2016
Membership dues are due at the end of the month and payable to me, all forms of credit cards and cash are acceptable lol.

Honestly life can be horrible(trust me i have been through the wringer) hockey is an escape and watching the leafs has been nothing but pure joy the last couple years. We welcome anyone who sincerely wants to join us and have good honest hockey debates and cheer for our team. Cheers mate!

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
First off guys, yes, Im a Sens fan. At least a former one..Asking if its cool if I jump on the bandwagon over here?

Trust me when I say this is incredibly embarrassing, and demeaning, and the last thing on the planet that I pictured myself doing 10 years ago. I can take the names that I will surely be called, I probably deserve them too (I've been a harsh leaf critic before in the past).

The Sens and hockey have always been an amazing escape for me. And this year more than ever I was counting on them to help me through what are going to be the most difficult days in my life. I needed something to take my mind off of things.

And after one week of paying attention to hockey again (took a long break away after last season ended), they have failed me in the most horrific ways possible. And I cant take the extra negativity anymore.

And I flat out refuse to support the Melnyk run Sens in any way now, and this will not change until all traces of him are gone. Their lying ways need to be punished, and they cant be trusted to do a proper rebuild (as evidence by the trade today).

#1 - Had a goldfish and guppy named Doug and Wendel at age 7 (moms bf at the time was a leafs fan). Dont remember which was which unfortunately, only that the goldfish jumped out of his bowl one day and died. He was all dried up in a sunny patch on the floor..

#2 - I dont live in Ottawa, Im a Sudbury guy born and raised, and its very much a leafs town up here. So instead of standing out, I can just blend in with the rest of ya's.

#3 - Enough is enough with the American cities winning the cup. If Ottawa doesnt have the resources to bring the cup back to Canada, then I will support another Canadian franchise that does. Johnny T, Marner and Kadri are good Ontario boys that I can really get behind.

Welcome aboard.

Strength to you and your mom, and may you find comfort, comraderie, and support here.

We don’t care where you’ve been, we’ll just focus on the road ahead........

Make yourself comfortable....

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
welcome aboard, TPB fan here aswell love the avatar, once you go blue well you know how it goes lol!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

#1 - Had a goldfish and guppy named Doug and Wendel at age 7 (moms bf at the time was a leafs fan). Dont remember which was which unfortunately, only that the goldfish jumped out of his bowl one day and died. He was all dried up in a sunny patch on the floor. I cried for him.

Sounds like you’ve had it rough enough to be a Leafs fan.

Prayers to you and your Mom and hoping the Leafs can give you something to smile about this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad