You guys taking any applications for new fans..?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
First off guys, yes, Im a Sens fan. At least a former one..Asking if its cool if I jump on the bandwagon over here?

Trust me when I say this is incredibly embarrassing, and demeaning, and the last thing on the planet that I pictured myself doing 10 years ago. I can take the names that I will surely be called, I probably deserve them too (I've been a harsh leaf critic before in the past).

But when times are tough and you've hit rock bottom, some things need to change. Going through some hard times in the real world, my moms battling an aggressive cancer, and Im the only one here for her (single mom/only child growing up).

The Sens and hockey have always been an amazing escape for me. And this year more than ever I was counting on them to help me through what are going to be the most difficult days in my life. I needed something to take my mind off of things.

And after one week of paying attention to hockey again (took a long break away after last season ended), they have failed me in the most horrific ways possible. And I cant take the extra negativity anymore.

And I flat out refuse to support the Melnyk run Sens in any way now, and this will not change until all traces of him are gone. Their lying ways need to be punished, and they cant be trusted to do a proper rebuild (as evidence by the trade today).

More reasons to accept me;

#1 - Had a goldfish and guppy named Doug and Wendel at age 7 (moms bf at the time was a leafs fan). Dont remember which was which unfortunately, only that the goldfish jumped out of his bowl one day and died. He was all dried up in a sunny patch on the floor. I cried for him.

#2 - I dont live in Ottawa, Im a Sudbury guy born and raised, and its very much a leafs town up here. So instead of standing out, I can just blend in with the rest of ya's.

#3 - Enough is enough with the American cities winning the cup. If Ottawa doesnt have the resources to bring the cup back to Canada, then I will support another Canadian franchise that does. Johnny T, Marner and Kadri are good Ontario boys that I can really get behind.

So anyways guys, please be gentle, its been a rough week.. ;)

GO leafs GO..? Am I doing this right?

Last edited:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
hockey should be a source of enjoyment for you. If cheering for the Leafs makes you happy then I for one will welcome you with open arms.

Hopefully things go well for you going forward, both in sports and in life

Truthfully it makes me feel sick to my stomach right now (I kid haha), but Im a realist about the situation. And yes I fully agree that hockey should be something Im looking forward to and get joy from. NOt something that sucks the life out of me.

Most of my hockey buddies here are leafs fans, so there's always people watching them here together.

I know the Leafs have stupidly sick and fun young team to watch. A management group to die for. Not to mention unlimited resources and its a desirable place to live.

And above all else they are in my home province, even closer to me than Ottawa, so its really the only natural choice for me other than the Sens.

So if you cant beat em, join em my grandpa would always say. And Im taking his advice on that.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If you need a vacation from your team for awhile we always have room.
Everyone is welcome to cheer for the Leafs.
Any way you like. Out loud, in secret, whatever.

Reactions: Samsquanch

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I officially give permission to jump aboard :).

In the same position I might just lose the ability to watch hockey at all. Things got hopeless here before Shanahan showed up, but it was mostly pure incompetence at the source of what was going wrong.

If you want to hang around where the biggest drama is what Nylander's next contract will look like, I say welcome aboard.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
hopefully you have a thick skin...
welcome!

Ive been a Sens fan for 22 years so theres that..

But at the end of the day I dont think Ill be on here or the main board beating my chest about the leafs, thats not my right that I've earned like some of you have.

I think I'll let the leafs play will do its own talking on the ice this year, and thats what Im most looking forward to.

Cheers boys :)

Reactions: iSophagus

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Like some have stated already, hockey is meant to be fun and entertaining. Leafs fans know what it feels like to have a joke of an organisation (owner down) and welcome any fans that want a short little break to re-kindle their love for the game.

Be forewarned though, HF despises the Leafs with a passion. Don't entertain the trolls. We also have a ton of in-fighting and stupid feuds over pointless shit.

Anyway, Welcome!

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Truthfully it makes me feel sick to my stomach right now (I kid haha), but Im a realist about the situation. And yes I fully agree that hockey should be something Im looking forward to and get joy from. NOt something that sucks the life out of me.

I am a Sabres fan who felt the Sabres were sucking the life out of me 2 years ago. I felt like I was dying inside. Watching hockey is what I do with some of my free time. It should be fun. So I started watching the Leafs. I am very glad I did. They are a fun group to watch. I will continue to watch and cheer for them going forward even though my Sabres look to be finally on the right track.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I officially give permission to jump aboard :).

In the same position I might just lose the ability to watch hockey at all. Things got hopeless here before Shanahan showed up, but it was mostly pure incompetence at the source of what was going wrong.

If you want to hang around where the biggest drama is what Nylander's next contract will look like, I say welcome aboard.

I hear ya about forgetting about hockey all together, and its still an option to be honest. Hopefully I get the urge to tune in (and stayed tuned in) to Leafs and start to build some momentum as being a fan of them.

I wouldnt worry too much about Nylander though, its going to get done.

I have so much faith in Dubas, watching his interview with Bobby Mac the day before the Eugene Melnyk and Mark Boroweicki interview is all part of what brought us together here today :)

Reactions: iSophagus

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If you join, you're never allowed to leave.

1137503_1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->