You guys taking any applications for new fans..?

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
First off guys, yes, Im a Sens fan. At least a former one..Asking if its cool if I jump on the bandwagon over here?

Trust me when I say this is incredibly embarrassing, and demeaning, and the last thing on the planet that I pictured myself doing 10 years ago. I can take the names that I will surely be called, I probably deserve them too (I've been a harsh leaf critic before in the past).

But when times are tough and you've hit rock bottom, some things need to change. Going through some hard times in the real world, my moms battling an aggressive cancer, and Im the only one here for her (single mom/only child growing up).

The Sens and hockey have always been an amazing escape for me. And this year more than ever I was counting on them to help me through what are going to be the most difficult days in my life. I needed something to take my mind off of things.

And after one week of paying attention to hockey again (took a long break away after last season ended), they have failed me in the most horrific ways possible. And I cant take the extra negativity anymore.

And I flat out refuse to support the Melnyk run Sens in any way now, and this will not change until all traces of him are gone. Their lying ways need to be punished, and they cant be trusted to do a proper rebuild (as evidence by the trade today).

More reasons to accept me;

#1 - Had a goldfish and guppy named Doug and Wendel at age 7 (moms bf at the time was a leafs fan). Dont remember which was which unfortunately, only that the goldfish jumped out of his bowl one day and died. He was all dried up in a sunny patch on the floor. I cried for him.

#2 - I dont live in Ottawa, Im a Sudbury guy born and raised, and its very much a leafs town up here. So instead of standing out, I can just blend in with the rest of ya's.

#3 - Enough is enough with the American cities winning the cup. If Ottawa doesnt have the resources to bring the cup back to Canada, then I will support another Canadian franchise that does. Johnny T, Marner and Kadri are good Ontario boys that I can really get behind.

So anyways guys, please be gentle, its been a rough week.. ;)

GO leafs GO..? Am I doing this right?

Totally know what you mean bro.

I used to love my son.

But he was SUCH a loser & times got tough.

So I just left him in Mexico on our last vacation.

And stole a better kid from the daycare near my house.

Welcome to Toronto!

Last edited:

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Nope. Not after their arrogant radio advert in 2016 mocking us for cheering the Leafs while Ottawa was in deep in the playoffs. The arrogance of that fan base to think that they would never have a down slope and that they did everything right while we did everything wrong? They are choking on much needed humble pie, and to be honest? If they don't have the balls to stick through a likely short term down slope they have no business having a hockey team.

Fold it and move it to Quebec.

We suffered under worse conditions with Ballard that lasted 30 years.

30!

I doubt this down slope lasts 3.

Must have been when you grew a set.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Sorry about your mom.

but here's the thing about sports teams: if you can turn your back and go cheer for another team once you'll do it again.

those kind of people I don't want. they aren't real fans.

I could have gone and cheered for Detroit or Pittsburgh or whoever in past decades, but I didn't. no matter how bad things got for the Leafs, which they often did.

Now I'm enjoying a real Cup contender with an honest to god superstar #1 centre. who is 20. And I can feel even better about enjoying this, because I was there in the hard times and suffered through them.

And I didn't bail on my team.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
We have Matthews and Tavares man!! On top of Marner, Kadri, Nylander and more up an comer young ones like Kapanen and Johnsson. And our prospect shelves are stacked, the Marlies just won the cup.

All good times.

As a leaf fan now you must go argue with someone about the Nylander contract, how much money and term he deserves .who's fault he's not signed yet. And also the Patrick Marleau contract. No matter how bright the future looks, you must always see doom and gloom

Welcome aboard

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sorry about your mom.

but here's the thing about sports teams: if you can turn your back and go cheer for another team once you'll do it again.

those kind of people I don't want. they aren't real fans.

I could have gone and cheered for Detroit or Pittsburgh or whoever in past decades, but I didn't. no matter how bad things got for the Leafs, which they often did.

Now I'm enjoying a real Cup contender with an honest to god superstar #1 centre. who is 20. And I can feel even better about enjoying this, because I was there in the hard times and suffered through them.

And I didn't bail on my team.

100% .....kudos to all of us that put up with the very lean years!

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
First off guys, yes, Im a Sens fan. At least a former one..Asking if its cool if I jump on the bandwagon over here?

Trust me when I say this is incredibly embarrassing, and demeaning, and the last thing on the planet that I pictured myself doing 10 years ago. I can take the names that I will surely be called, I probably deserve them too (I've been a harsh leaf critic before in the past).

But when times are tough and you've hit rock bottom, some things need to change. Going through some hard times in the real world, my moms battling an aggressive cancer, and Im the only one here for her (single mom/only child growing up).

The Sens and hockey have always been an amazing escape for me. And this year more than ever I was counting on them to help me through what are going to be the most difficult days in my life. I needed something to take my mind off of things.

And after one week of paying attention to hockey again (took a long break away after last season ended), they have failed me in the most horrific ways possible. And I cant take the extra negativity anymore.

And I flat out refuse to support the Melnyk run Sens in any way now, and this will not change until all traces of him are gone. Their lying ways need to be punished, and they cant be trusted to do a proper rebuild (as evidence by the trade today).

More reasons to accept me;

#1 - Had a goldfish and guppy named Doug and Wendel at age 7 (moms bf at the time was a leafs fan). Dont remember which was which unfortunately, only that the goldfish jumped out of his bowl one day and died. He was all dried up in a sunny patch on the floor. I cried for him.

#2 - I dont live in Ottawa, Im a Sudbury guy born and raised, and its very much a leafs town up here. So instead of standing out, I can just blend in with the rest of ya's.

#3 - Enough is enough with the American cities winning the cup. If Ottawa doesnt have the resources to bring the cup back to Canada, then I will support another Canadian franchise that does. Johnny T, Marner and Kadri are good Ontario boys that I can really get behind.

So anyways guys, please be gentle, its been a rough week.. ;)

GO leafs GO..? Am I doing this right?

Don't tell us about heartache. You guys have your own Ballard era going on here. Never turn your back on your team.

Come in, make yourself at home, enjoy the pepperoni sticks and swish, but go back and ride it out with the rest of the loyal sens fans. Heartache and frustration is all part of being a fan.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Psst, you don't need an application, admission is free and you also don't need to be self righteous. Just be a fan if you want.

Reactions: iSophagus

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Don't tell us about heartache. You guys have your own Ballard era going on here. Never turn your back on your team.

Come in, make yourself at home, enjoy the pepperoni sticks and swish, but go back and ride it out with the rest of the loyal sens fans. Heartache and frustration is all part of being a fan.

I couldn't disagree more. Just because you love the original trilogy, doesn't mean you have to watch the prequels just as often. Why should anyone be obligated to take in certain entertainment? Why should you make rules for other fans.

@Samsquanch You enjoy hockey however you darn well please. Want to stay a Sens fan, through thick and thin? Great! A rebuild can be entertaining. Want to pick a new team and follow them? Great! There's lots of teams that should be fun to watch. Want to follow the Leafs and the Sens, and be a fan of both? Great! I follow the Hawks and Yotes, on top of being a Leafs fan, and it's a whole lot of fun. Want to play in a fantasy league, and follow that instead of an actual NHL franchise? Great! Be a yahoo guru. Want to play NHL '94 for the super Nintendo for the next 6 months? Great! I'm sure it'll give you some escape from hard times and be fun at the same time.

Hockey is entertainment. You consume it however you want.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
In all honesty, what is with all this gatekeeping? Anyone can be a fan of whatever. If the Leafs ever win anything, we'll all be really happy but obviously people who've been invested our whole lives may feel it on a more emotional level. Just do what makes you feel good :)

Reactions: JadedLeaf

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
In all honesty, what is with all this gatekeeping? Anyone can be a fan of whatever. If the Leafs ever win anything, we'll all be really happy but obviously people who've been invested our whole lives may feel it on a more emotional level. Just do what makes you feel good :)

I just wanna go to the celebration riot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad