Post-Game Talk: You gotta love it

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
People aren't talking enough about Jurco. Guy shows he's capable of being a star with a few more seasons under his bet. He's got a bit of a mean streak in him and actually likes to hit.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
I disagree. He was flat out soft on the puck tonight.

He single handedly kept the game from being tied in the third on Boston's best chance in an open net. Yeah, the reputation is that he's a floater and soft. He isn't but after many years no one agrees. He's been solid defensively for over 2 years and it's just sad people don't see it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This determination what Tatar, Nyquist and Jurco showed today was just ultimate best moment I have seen with Red Wings at this season. Ultimate best. They never surrendered.

I was almost on tears, how they wanted to win this game and they ****ing did it.

Out future will be so bright with these great young players. They already are team leaders and showing the path.

I don't know who I have to say tahank you, is it Jeff Blashill, Jiri Ficher, Mike Babcock, our team Captains, Jim Nill or Ken Holland. But in general, they are just doing marvellous job with these kids.

Our next glory era is not far away.

Last edited:

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
People aren't talking enough about Jurco. Guy shows he's capable of being a star with a few more seasons under his bet. He's got a bit of a mean streak in him and actually likes to hit.

You're right. And Sheahan. They will. I just don't think the two crack the top three tonight. But you're right.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
He single handedly kept the game from being tied in the third on Boston's best chance in an open net. Yeah, the reputation is that he's a floater and soft. He isn't but after many years no one agrees. He's been solid defensively for over 2 years and it's just sad people don't see it.

Yeah he made one great defensive play (which I credited in my post on the previous page.)

One great stick deflection doesn't mean that he played well tonight.

Once again, he was soft on the puck. Watch the tape again.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007

I love him. His ceiling is higher than I ever thought. I knew he was skilled with the puck, but his size and willingness to use it and play in the dirty areas has me giddy. Despite not a huge production output, his work makes the Kid line better. Abdelkader played a couple games in that spot when Jurco was out and the line suffered. Jurco basically does for that line what Abdelkader was asked to do for Datsyuk last season. Forechecks, forces turnouvers, uses his body, wins puck battles. And oh, he's got a boat load of skill with it. We're just seeing the tip of the iceberg with him as far as i'm concerned.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Im blown away. Fortunate on the Krug no-goal, that goal should have counted (kid is from MI too, his family would have dug that).

It seems B's fans are complaining about the Jurco goal. That the play should have been blown dead...dont understand that one.

Hell of a game. Hell of a team. Lots of guts, blood and pride being displayed by almost everyone in the lineup, every shift of every game. Its fun to watch.

Billmitch

Apr 14, 2012
Franzen was brutal tonight. He made one good defensive play, that did in fact save a goal. He has seemed disinterested lately and the "floaty" tag has been earned the last few game stretch. He needs to turn it around. Legwand can go next year. I can't see paying him what it's rumored he wants. He doesn't excel much of anywhere.

If this year has shown us anything it's time for the kids to play. Upgrade the d if possible, have a good draft and let some of these older fellas ride off into the sunset.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
What an odd game.

Through the first two periods I thought it was an interesting time for half of our defenders to play like ****. Smith makes a bad pinch, again, causes an odd-man rush, Nyquist forced to take a penalty. Kindl decides to make a move on the forechecker as last man back. Smith decides he should also make a move as the last man back.

Howard bailed everyone's ***** out.

I thought the forwards were doing as much as they could. The Franzen, Nyquist, Legwand line couldn't get away from Chara to find any open ice. Everyone else played pretty even. I thought the effort was outstanding.

But we couldn't stay out of the box. We were hanging with them a even strength.

Of course, halfway through the third, things changed and we started to realize we could actually win this thing.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Franzen was brutal tonight. He made one good defensive play, that did in fact save a goal. He has seemed disinterested lately and the "floaty" tag has been earned the last few game stretch.

He didn't play great tonight, but then again neither did Nyquist until his goal.

He was turning the puck over all over the place.

Franzen hasn't had a Nyquist like week but he hasn't exactly been terrible in the past few games.

Over his past 5 he's got 1G,2A, 3P, 13 SOG, and 11 Hits. Nothing spectacular but he hardly deserves the criticism he gets.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
a few games ago, Franzen was playing hard and being physical, just not getting points. right now he looks floaty.

I agree. Much of his pointless streak he was still playing hard, using his body and driving the net.

I believe it was the game vs Montreal that started to annoy me again because he didn't play that way until about 7-10 minutes left in the 3rd.

Tonight he didn't do anything with the puck. Made a couple of soft plays that looked like he didn't want to take a hit and just wasn't noticeable in a good way. I do credit him for potentially saving that goal by Krug, but that doesn't erase the soft plays he made.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I also loved seeing Glendening get a shift with Tatar and Jurco and getting a plus 1 out of it.

He going to pot a goal one of these days here. It's not like he doesn't get chances. I hope his 1st goal ends up being a huge one.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
It wasn't that long ago that some posters on here were talking about being perfectly fine with missing the playoffs just to move up a couple spots in the draft. After watching these kids play their butts off and driving this team (hopefully) to the playoffs I don't understand. If the kids can continue, Howard keeps playing like he has been and we get Dats, Z, Allfie and Ericsson back it's possible they make something out of this season. I was around for the early 80's, 90's and 2000's and can't wait to see what happens next. Their prospects are looking great and so fun to watch.

After a win like tonight I don't understand how anybody could be talking about this player or that sucked. That was a huge victory that 99 % of the board were ok with a loss because we were up against one of the best teams in the league not 4.5 hours ago. Time for some of us to just start enjoying it and not trying to bash everything.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I was pissed when I had to leave for work when Jurco tied it. Can't believed we pulled it off. And with Nyquist it makes it that much sweeter.

Nyquist
Howie
Sauce

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Quincey with another solid game. Can't remember the last gdt or post game thread where he was bashed constantly. Usually a good sign as a defenseman if nobody talks about you.

Kindl was the wings worst defenseman tonight. Just a brutal game for him. That 2 on 1 play where he just let the bruins player skate by him, all the while still skating backwards the entire time, was one of the most atrocious plays I have ever seen

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Quincey with another solid game. Can't remember the last gdt or post game thread where he was bashed constantly. Usually a good sign as a defenseman if nobody talks about you.

Kindl was the wings worst defenseman tonight. Just a brutal game for him. That 2 on 1 play where he just let the bruins player skate by him, all the while still skating backwards the entire time, was one of the most atrocious plays I have ever seen

Oh my god, I was going to mention that too. What the hell was that? Did he just not realize it was a full-blown 2-on-1? Was he wondering why the forward was still hustling to cover for his ass?

XxTatar21SaucexX

MotownShowdown
Sep 3, 2012
Quincey with another solid game. Can't remember the last gdt or post game thread where he was bashed constantly.

LOL I wanted to smack my head against the wall. What the hell was he thinking? Well... he wasn't thinking. Probably just wanted to catch a breather.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Kindl's giveaway as last man back was a major facepalm moment. It's very basic logic that the last guy back should NOT attempt to stickhandle past an opposing player, and I have absolutely no doubt that Kindl was taught this. The guy just cannot be counted on to play solid.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada

I think I'm the last Kindl supporter around but I would agree. He made a few poor decisions tonight. That play you mentioned it was almost like he thought his forward was covering and he was taking the right guy by covering the winger who was trailing.

Still ended as a + 1 and we won. :)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
It's getting to the point where I just expect Nyquist to do something huge for us every single game.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
It at one point sounded like one of the announcers called us the "bread wings". I am sticking with that for our team forever, I am now a fan of the detroit bread wings.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Boston fans on the main board are so upset, I love it.
Why?
Afraid of meeting the Wings in playoffs?
This determination what Tatar, Nyquist and Jurco showed today was just ultimate best moment I have seen with Red Wings at this season. Ultimate best. They never surrendered.

I was almost on tears, how they wanted to win this game and they ****ing did it.

Out future will be so bright with these great young players. They already are team leaders and showing the path.

I don't know who I have to say tahank you, is it Jeff Blashill, Jiri Ficher, Mike Babcock, our team Captains, Jim Nill or Ken Holland. But in general, they are just doing marvellous job with these kids.

Our next glory era is not far away.

The kids really deserve 100 pages of praise. They have been unbelievable.

Im blown away. Fortunate on the Krug no-goal, that goal should have counted (kid is from MI too, his family would have dug that).

It seems B's fans are complaining about the Jurco goal. That the play should have been blown dead...dont understand that one.

Hell of a game. Hell of a team. Lots of guts, blood and pride being displayed by almost everyone in the lineup, every shift of every game. Its fun to watch.
+1
It wasn't that long ago that some posters on here were talking about being perfectly fine with missing the playoffs just to move up a couple spots in the draft. After watching these kids play their butts off and driving this team (hopefully) to the playoffs I don't understand. If the kids can continue, Howard keeps playing like he has been and we get Dats, Z, Allfie and Ericsson back it's possible they make something out of this season. I was around for the early 80's, 90's and 2000's and can't wait to see what happens next. Their prospects are looking great and so fun to watch.

After a win like tonight I don't understand how anybody could be talking about this player or that sucked. That was a huge victory that 99 % of the board were ok with a loss because we were up against one of the best teams in the league not 4.5 hours ago. Time for some of us to just start enjoying it and not trying to bash everything.
I said this was a guaranteed loss. But honestly I tried to jinx bruins.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I have no words. I decided to go to sleep with 10 minutes left in the third.. could barely stay awake. And then this happen? haha :)

Howard need to play this good every game, not just every fourth game then I truly believe the Wings can do some dmg. Kids playing great, Nyquist is unreal, best player of 2014 so far with Z and Datsyuk still out they got huge improvements coming in.. and Franzen/Legwand doesnt play really well atm so if they decide to show up in the post season (if they get that far) Wings will have a very very deep team going in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad