Post-Game Talk: You gotta love it

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
He didn't play great tonight, but then again neither did Nyquist until his goal.

He was turning the puck over all over the place.

Franzen hasn't had a Nyquist like week but he hasn't exactly been terrible in the past few games.

Over his past 5 he's got 1G,2A, 3P, 13 SOG, and 11 Hits. Nothing spectacular but he hardly deserves the criticism he gets.

Franzen gets a lot of stick because he is such a streaky player. You see some games when he is hot when he asserts his will on the other team, and then there are stretches when he is just another dude. It is hard to watch because you know how he can play and you want him to play like that all the time and be that dominant power forward with the sweet hands, but he just isn't that guy all the time and it is really frustrating for the fans.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Jesus Christ, couldn't watch the entire 3rd period as my ****ing connection broke down - started working again half an hour ago...
Bad phone signal just was enough to update Game-Center every few seconds. What of a hell that was...
But the more i freaked out when Jurco and Goose exploded. Just saw the recap. Unbelievable effort by the kids line, again.
Gotta love these guys.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
This team. :nod:

Gus seems to always invoke new adjectives but that goal blowing past Chara was special...no other way to describe it.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
ALHnWan.gif

Loose!

Awesome...needs Chara's head on Peter.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
They always play abc after a nyquist goal it seems like, they might as well go ahead and make it the kids specific goal song.

Detroit Swed Wings

#FireHolland
Jan 17, 2013
Malmö
They always play abc after a nyquist goal it seems like, they might as well go ahead and make it the kids specific goal song.

They play that song when Detroit scores their THIRD goal.
Lyrics are: A B C, as easy as one two THREE. :)

Maybe Gurra scored the third goal last time too.

This is at least what logic brings me to believe, I could be wrong.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
They play that song when Detroit scores their THIRD goal.
Lyrics are: A B C, as easy as one two THREE. :)

Maybe Gurra scored the third goal last time too.

This is at least what logic brings me to believe, I could be wrong.

Huh. I never noticed that, that would make sense. Nyquist scores so much that I don't doubt that when we get three goals in a game, there's a decent chance the third is his
I still can't stand the song we're using now in any case.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Legwand's kinda doing what I hoped Weiss would do for us. Not getting on the scoreboard every game but regularly enough and is working hard in the meanwhile. Those contributions will look better when he's not the #1 center.

Mule's playing something in between godmode and awful for a change.

Our defense and Jimmy need to hold it together and we're fine. They're not making it look easy, admittedly.

Oct 18, 2006
Kindl's giveaway as last man back was a major facepalm moment. It's very basic logic that the last guy back should NOT attempt to stickhandle past an opposing player, and I have absolutely no doubt that Kindl was taught this. The guy just cannot be counted on to play solid.
Kindl has his fair share of cringeworthy moments but he is a +7 with 5 assists from the last 7 games.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
nyquist.gif

Howard first star yeah I said it.

:amazed:

Kindl was the wings worst defenseman tonight. Just a brutal game for him. That 2 on 1 play where he just let the bruins player skate by him, all the while still skating backwards the entire time, was one of the most atrocious plays I have ever seen

i watched that on replay like 10 times.. couldn't believe it. and that giveaway to kelly.

goose is... something else right now. just something else.

tatar is also playing awesome. dat kick while marchand was holding his head..

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Lashoff, Kindl, and Bertuzzi were all brutal last night. Dekeyser, Glendening, Miller, Helm, Sheahan all looked good. Tatar, Nyquist, Smith, Howard, and Jurco stole the show.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
For some reason I think Nyquist is benefiting playing Legwand and Franzen. I know this is a stretch but I think Nyquist excels in picking up their slack.

Also, I realize it's a celebration but did you see how ****ing happy Franzen was when Gus scored? He looked like his son just won a peewee championship.

Like I said... it's a stretch.

Johnz96*

The Kid Line saves the day in spite Babcock's reluctance to allow them to do so.

TOI:
Tatar 13:26
Sheahan 13:08
Jurco 13:00
Miller 19:09
Glendening 17:26

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
The Kid Line saves the day in spite Babcock's reluctance to allow them to do so.

TOI:

It's not all that surprising. The Kid Line isn't all that great defensively so he choose to matchup good defensive players like Miller and Glendenning against Boston's top line. And hey, they won, so it seemed to work.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

TOI:

Nyquist 18:25

Glendening and Miller are part of his shutdown line; the amount of TOI they get shouldn't be a surprise by now. It worked.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Nyquist 18:25

Glendening and Miller are part of his shutdown line; the amount of TOI they get shouldn't be a surprise by now.

And they honestly do a decent job of it. There was actually a few people on the main boards saying they liked what they saw from Glendening. Although Miller was a bit slow last night.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
And they honestly do a decent job of it. There was actually a few people on the main boards saying they liked what they saw from Glendening. Although Miller was a bit slow last night.

Miller screwed up on Soderberg's goal. I thought he should have broken up that pass.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
And yeah Kindl and Lashoff are brutal pretty much anytime they're on the ice. On the other hand I've been impressed with Quincey.. Was easily my most hated person on this team..

Back when Ericsson was still coming into his own I couldn't stand the guy, but then he pretty much shut me up permanently. Let's hope we have a similar story developing with Quincey.

Cbdudek

May 15, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
www.nightfall.net
And yeah Kindl and Lashoff are brutal pretty much anytime they're on the ice. On the other hand I've been impressed with Quincey.. Was easily my most hated person on this team..

Back when Ericsson was still coming into his own I couldn't stand the guy, but then he pretty much shut me up permanently. Let's hope we have a similar story developing with Quincey.

Kindl and Lashoff are meant to be 3rd line defensemen. Heck, if Ericsson was healthy, Lashoff would be sitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00